World War III Updates

gearhog

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

Most Western liberals have no conviction of purpose.  They will happily excuse Israel's "barbarism" instead of Hamas'.  Look at the Democratic party lining up lockstep to support Israel.  Truly the monopoly of violence belongs to the strongest.  "Might makes right" is the ideology for them- and it won't take you long to find the hypocrisy.

• Downvote 1

Talked to some homies on alert in Guard squadrons. We're getting ready to defend the shit out of the USA. Fortuitous that we had already moved so many assets into the region in the event of attacks such as these.

Yesterday:

Today:

Edited by gearhog

21 hours ago, gearhog said:

Talked to some homies on alert in Guard squadrons. We're getting ready to defend the shit out of the USA. Fortuitous that we had already moved so many assets into the region in the event of attacks such as these.

Yesterday:

Today:

I cant watch the President speak without wondering if he's still able function without a pair of depends.  

WWIII is bad enough.  We'll have this dude at the wheel.  God help us.  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Vladimir Stalin said:

Really, you know that's great.  Now explain to me how you expect to get a 2 state solution out of this swiss cheese:

Interim-Agreement-West-Bank-Gaza-Strip-B-1993.jpg

It's easy, you just put in charge the people who were responsible for the destruction of the Jewish communities in every single Muslim-majority country over the past seventy years. Remember, one religion gets thirty ethnostates, the other gets zero, or you're a racist.

19 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I cant watch the President speak without wondering if he's still able function without a pair of depends.  

WWIII is bad enough.  We'll have this dude at the wheel.  God help us.  

IMG_4466.thumb.jpeg.1703ec96678a0f61abb475921b2f6214.jpeg

Remember how fantastic this son of a bitch was as an Admiral and then President?!  Man, it seemed a lot funnier in the Hot Shots movies than playing out, in real life, today.

“It seems like only yesterday I was strafing so many of your homes; now I’m begging you to stop making such good cars.”
-President Benson  

In an address to the Japanese Prime Minister. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, O Face said:

IMG_4466.thumb.jpeg.1703ec96678a0f61abb475921b2f6214.jpegRemember how fantastic this son of a bitch was as an Admiral and then President?!  Man, it seemed a lot funnier in the Hot Shots movies than playing out, in real life, today.

“It seems like only yesterday I was strafing so many of your homes; now I’m begging you to stop making such good cars.”
-President Benson  

In an address to the Japanese Prime Minister. 

You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I’ve never landed an airplane in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I’ve never landed an airplane in my life.

I think that was the single greatest quote in an aviation movie, or maybe any movie, EVER!

IMG_4476.jpeg

Edited by O Face
!!!
  • Like 3

I just heard Elon Musk say this, and it's an interesting thought. “I think we are sleepwalking towards World War III. With one stupid decision after another. People need to do some self-reflection. If their forecasts did not come true, they should think that maybe the rest of their forecasts will not come true,” -

They turned off the lights. No supplies. There is apparently a ground invasion. Massive airstrikes leveling parts of the city. Earlier, they cut all internet and comms to Gaza. Still, horrific videos are still being circulated.

I don't know that a war of this intensity, in a densely populated civilian area, has been fought when while the global population has this level of unregulated access to information regarding it.

However you feel about either side, there is a high probability Israel is going to lose control of the narrative. Israel was given a strong hand to play, but are they overplaying it? My impression, based on the number of people in the streets around the world, is that if you multiply those numbers on both sides by their passion and motivation to act on their beliefs, is that this is going to get very ugly, and the disparity is huge. Israel wiping Gaza off the map may be an emotionally satisfying thought, but it's a fire that could ignite the world, and no one can forecast the result.

https://x.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1718066605920235569?s=20

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gearhog said:

Explain.

Elon very famously makes lots of very wild/bold forecasts that do not end up coming true, and yet he continues to confidently make predictions on many things both within and beyond his fields of expertise totally undeterred.

He should follow his own advice!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Elon very famously makes lots of very wild/bold forecasts that do not end up coming true, and yet he continues to confidently make predictions on many things both within and beyond his fields of expertise totally undeterred.

First, of all the ideas in my post, Elon's quote was of the least importance. Which of his predictions have been proven false? I'm sure there have been some, just not sure what they are.

Second, you're a former AF nav who consistently expresses less than accurate assessments on a message board, mocking a guy that started his own successful car company and space program, based on his predictions. Given your self-assured knack for identifying irony and lack of self-reflection, how did you miss this one? LOL.

Third, in this specific quote, where is the flaw? Would you say the world, as a whole, is trending toward an increasing level of chaos and conflict, or away from it? Type "Yes" if you agree with Elon. Type "No" if you'd like to make a prediction outside your "field of expertise".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nsplayr said:

yeah we should TrUsT ThE ExPeRtS!!!!

🤡

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, brabus said:

Own your words. I don’t feel sorry for these dipshits at all. 

This!  Someone should get ahold of the most gruesome of pictures/videos from Israel, I'm talking headless grandma's, burned children, grenades exploding in shelters full of innocent civilians, girls being raped by the Hamas militants and run them on a loop on a mobile billboard.  Then drive them around college campuses with pictures of signatories interlaced in the loop saying these people support the people who did this.  If you support them so much, own it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SocialD said:

This!  Someone should get ahold of the most gruesome of pictures/videos from Israel, I'm talking headless grandma's, burned children, grenades exploding in shelters full of innocent civilians, girls being raped by the Hamas militants and run them on a loop on a mobile billboard.  Then drive them around college campuses with pictures of signatories interlaced in the loop saying these people support the people who did this.  If you support them so much, own it.

Yeap.   Or just give them a free ride to Hamas land and let them join the fight.  

Show me a college kid or professor who supports Hamas that's not a hypocrite.   Please someone.  If they've never personally been to the middle east, I dont really value their opinion on the subject.   

9 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

If they've never personally been to the middle east, I dont really value their opinion on the subject.   

This is always my first question when I meet someone talking about anything middle east, "have you actually been there, no then STFU."

• Upvote 1