World War III Updates

gearhog

WW III is going to be fun!   Tell your friends!

12 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

There’s a decent amount of chatter on the Twittersphere (so take with a grain of salt) that Hezbollah informed Israel via unofficial channels (through Egypt) that they will join the invasion if Israel initiates a ground incursion of Gaza.  Pretty sure Israel is going to do that, especially given the number of civilians Hamas has taken hostage.  Will be interesting to see if Hezbollah follows through.

Israel would probably welcome that gladly. Much easier to kill these fucks when they’re out in the open.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Israel would probably welcome that gladly. Much easier to kill these fucks when they’re out in the open.

Possibly.  Neither Israel nor Hezbollah really “won” anything the last time they went all out in 2006 (Hezbollah claimed they triumphed).  If Hezbollah actually tried to “invade” they’d take heavy casualties for sure, but their long range fires (rockets) would be a formidable threat to Israel.

On another note, our “Allies” Saudi Arabia and Qatar have posted statements solely blaming Israel for Hamas attacking them.  As LT. Ripley once said:

da32a2bd-7469-44dd-a173-9c8b6e8a166f.jpeg

Edited by DirkDiggler
Spelling

37 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

There’s a decent amount of chatter on the Twittersphere (so take with a grain of salt) that Hezbollah informed Israel via unofficial channels (through Egypt) that they will join the invasion if Israel initiates a ground incursion of Gaza.  Pretty sure Israel is going to do that, especially given the number of civilians Hamas has taken hostage.  Will be interesting to see if Hezbollah follows through.

What does "join the invasion" mean?  I thought Hezbollah was more West Bank and wasn't even in the Gaza Strip.  But as I said, I'm certainly not an expert in the region.

Just now, tac airlifter said:

What does "join the invasion" mean?  I thought Hezbollah was more West Bank and wasn't even in the Gaza Strip.  But as I said, I'm certainly not an expert in the region.

Hezbollah (LH) is dominant in Lebanon (they’re also one of the dominant political parties there as well).  Them “joining the invasion” would mean opening a northern front on Israel from the Israeli border with Lebanon, if they involved ground forces.

• Thanks 1

They will pay a horrific price.

Go read any news sites YouTube of this. It’s already filled with “Israeli occupiers” and other such apologetic tripe.

I’m sure as soon as the Israelis start doing any effective damage the regulars in the UN apparatus will be up in arms and forget all about or apologetically ignore this brazen act of terrorism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

They will pay a horrific price.

I don’t doubt it.  The images and video coming out of Southern Israel is as bad as it gets.  If the words coming from Israeli leadership is matched by actions, a big part of Gaza is about to look like the surface of the moon.  I could see Israel going for the complete destruction of Hamas as an organization.  If Hezbollah jumps into the war the Israelis will have no reason to pull any punches.  Remains to be seen if Hezbollah is willing to foot the bill.  
Additionally, I wouldn’t want to be an Iranian military member anywhere close to Israel right now.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

If the words coming from Israeli leadership is matched by actions, a big part of Gaza is about to look like the surface of the moon.  I could see Israel going for the complete destruction of Hamas as an organization. 

I hope they do. If this happened in the U.S. I’d expect nothing short of annihilation of the organization responsible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

I hope they do. If this happened in the U.S. I’d expect nothing short of annihilation of the organization responsible.

Can you imagine.  Mexico and south american countries continually flood America with fighting age males...... oh wait 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Updates over night and this morning match what we have discussed above, Israel is aiming to evacuate all Israeli civilians around Gaza over the next 24 hours.  They are about to go full Leroy Jenkins on Gaza with the stated mission to "kill every terrorist and destroy all Hamas strongholds in the Wicked City."

Hezbollah will almost certainly pitch into the fight.  As the Israeli's are labeling this "our 9/11" it seems apparent they will go the extra mile this time.

Mossad has to be reeling, what an epic intelligence blunder. 

• Like 1

This morning, Israel has invoked Article 40 Aleph, a formal declaration of war, for the first time in 50 years. (1973, Yom Kippur).

9/11: Nine-eleven of 2023, that is. Biden and Blinken authorize $6 Billion in funds to Iran.

The next day, Lester Holt interviewed Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and pressed him on how the funds would be spent.

Raisi said: “Humanitarian means whatever the Iranian people needs, so this money will be budgeted for those needs, and the needs of the Iranian people will be decided and determined by the Iranian government.”

Now, we have Iranian backed Hamas launching an unprecedented attack into Israel, kidnapping and slaughtering civilians.

There are numerous videos and unconfirmed reports of Hamas terrorists wielding US made weapons with some claiming they are grateful to the people of Ukraine for allowing Hamas to purchase them. The Taliban is claiming they are sending fighters to Palestine to destroy Jerusalem. But, where will they get the weapons and equipment?

Now, the US is working out emergency military aid to Israel. Billion dollar solutions to our Billion dollar fkups.

So Israel is going to absolutely lay waste to Palestinian territories, which will most definitely inflame the Islamic world and shred the Abraham Accords. Will Israel finally go after Iran? Will they be able to do it without massive US support?

The collapse of Afghanistan, The invasion of Ukraine, and The war in Israel. All of these things, in addition to the domestic issues of inflation, unchecked immigration, insane levels of debt have accelerated in a very, very short period of time under the current leadership of the US. I suppose we get what we're willing to accept.

Edited by gearhog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, gearhog said:

This morning, Israel has invoked Article 40 Aleph, a formal declaration of war, for the first time in 50 years. (1973, Yom Kippur).

9/11: Nine-eleven of 2023, that is. Biden and Blinken authorize $6 Billion in funds to Iran.

The next day, Lester Holt interviewed Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and pressed him on how the funds would be spent.

Raisi said: “Humanitarian means whatever the Iranian people needs, so this money will be budgeted for those needs, and the needs of the Iranian people will be decided and determined by the Iranian government.”

Now, we have Iranian backed Hamas launching an unprecedented attack into Israel, kidnapping and slaughtering civilians.

There are numerous videos and unconfirmed reports of Hamas terrorists wielding US made weapons with some claiming they are grateful to the people of Ukraine for allowing Hamas to purchase them. The Taliban is claiming they are sending fighters to Palestine to destroy Jerusalem. But, where will they get the weapons and equipment?

Now, the US is working out emergency military aid to Israel. Billion dollar solutions to our Billion dollar fkups.

So Israel is going to absolutely lay waste to Palestinian territories, which will most definitely inflame the Islamic world and shred the Abraham Accords. Will Israel finally go after Iran? Will they be able to do it without massive US support?

The collapse of Afghanistan, The invasion of Ukraine, and The war in Israel. All of these things, in addition to the domestic issues of inflation, unchecked immigration, insane levels of debt have accelerated in a very, very short period of time under the current leadership of the US. I suppose we get what we're willing to accept.

You are already getting down votes because our liberal friends are still "mostly happy with Biden." 

I've been watching Al Jazeera this morning to see how the narratives are shaping up.  At one point they were interviewing the main spokesman for Hamas Ghazi Hamad.  How can anyone down vote when the Hamad himself admits to the BBC that Iran gave its support to the Palestinian terror group to launch its surprise multi-front attack on Israel.  What did you think would happen when you handed Iran $6B? 

The Al Jazeera reporter actually tried to press him on the subject of killing civilians, the reply from Hamad..."yes it is wrong to attack and kill civilians like the Israelis have done, we are attacking settlers which is different as they are war criminals."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

You are already getting down votes because our liberal friends are still "mostly happy with Biden." 

I've been watching Al Jazeera this morning to see how the narratives are shaping up.  At one point they were interviewing the main spokesman for Hamas Ghazi Hamad.  How can anyone down vote when the Hamad himself admits to the BBC that Iran gave its support to the Palestinian terror group to launch its surprise multi-front attack on Israel.  What did you think would happen when you handed Iran $6B? 

The Al Jazeera reporter actually tried to press him on the subject of killing civilians, the reply from Hamad..."yes it is wrong to attack and kill civilians like the Israelis have done, we are attacking settlers which is different as they are war criminals."

At this point, I don't think that dude actually reads anything, he just downvotes my username. Fuck 'em.

I honestly try to empathize and imagine myself in the position that the average Israeli and Palestinian finds themselves in. There's plenty to be angry about on both sides and plenty of blame to go around. Conflict and killing is a messy business and there will always be a loss of innocent life. It's a terrible thing but an inextricable part of human existence. For me, the difference is that in addition to inflicting death, Hamas planned to kidnap, target women & children & elderly, rape, torture, publicly glorify it, then publicly parade the desecrated bodies through the streets. Whatever sympathies I may have had for the average Palestinan by imagining their plight are instantly lost on anyone who would endorse or make excuses for that sort of thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Breaking reports of dozens of American citizens being held hostage by Hamas.  Reports also indicate Americans likely among the casualties.  I am guessing some folks just called in from their long holiday weekend and things are going to get very interesting.

• Upvote 1

Well then.  Seems like this is all going swimmingly.  Good thing we have strong, savvy, and decisive leadership in the US.   Over-under on real actions in the Taiwan straits before the next US election?

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Appreciate the analysis in this thread so far.  A lot of news is hyper partisan and has already censored videos I saw yesterday of atrocities against civilians.  

The scale of this attack is impressive.  That it could be developed while intel agencies were unaware is mind boggling.  I understood 9/11 escaping notice of CIA; a small savvy force of disciplined folks is hard to track/assess.  In this case they missed an entire army assembling!  Holy shit. 

And the Iran financial connection is out in the open, as is weapons from the AFG withdrawal.  Hamas is proud of it.  Not sure KJP can spin her way out of our bad decisions directly enabling these actors.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gearhog said:

At this point, I don't think that dude actually reads anything, he just downvotes my username. Fuck 'em.

I honestly try to empathize and imagine myself in the position that the average Israeli and Palestinian finds themselves in. There's plenty to be angry about on both sides and plenty of blame to go around. Conflict and killing is a messy business and there will always be a loss of innocent life. It's a terrible thing but an inextricable part of human existence. For me, the difference is that in addition to inflicting death, Hamas planned to kidnap, target women & children & elderly, rape, torture, publicly glorify it, then publicly parade the desecrated bodies through the streets. Whatever sympathies I may have had for the average Palestinan by imagining their plight are instantly lost on anyone who would endorse or make excuses for that sort of thing.

I believe you can judge someone by who they call their friends. Hamas considers Iran, China, Russia, North Korea, The Squad, etc. their friends (and vice versa). All evil and wicked. That should tell you all you need to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4