Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

This thing is really confusing me. I don't doubt that these people are all getting seriously fucked up. But the official position has been crickets and natural causes? WTF is the actual answer on this crap. Or is this the next generation in upping your disability rating? I'm personally going the Navy Chief route and gaining 250 pounds, getting sleep apnea from morbid obesity, and earning my 100% disability but this is creative.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I doubt the civilians at the top are thinking this way but we knew how fast we could be taken down in the 80s if the Ruskies were willing to risk destroying the world and we were naively wishing for peace or in this case poking the bear

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

This thing is really confusing me. I don't doubt that these people are all getting seriously fucked up. But the official position has been crickets and natural causes? WTF is the actual answer on this crap. Or is this the next generation in upping your disability rating? I'm personally going the Navy Chief route and gaining 250 pounds, getting sleep apnea from morbid obesity, and earning my 100% disability but this is creative.

Highly recommend getting in the SCIF for additional information on this, there’s multiple reasons you’ve heard very little open source.

12 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

What’s in the water in New England? Homeboy that leaked TS to his gamer friends, fire man, hunger strike guy, and now this clown are all from there. 

• Haha 1

Wait a sec. WTF?

Kurt Campbell, US Deputy Secretary of State says Russia has completely reconstituted its military.

We spend over a hundred billion dollars to weaken the Russian military, and this dude says it has had no effect.

Starts at 29:50

14 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Good.  Hope he ends up on the wrong end of a $75 drone (with a hand grenade taped to it).  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gearhog said:

Wait a sec. WTF?

Kurt Campbell, US Deputy Secretary of State says Russia has completely reconstituted its military.

We spend over a hundred billion dollars to weaken the Russian military, and this dude says it has had no effect.

Needs a big more in depth review.  Lots of twitter feeds showing the 'reconstitution' involves bottom of the barrel conscripts and mechanized units turned in to rifle units.  A lot of the mechanized units are being backfilled not with armor but with light utility vehicles.   

56 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Needs a big more in depth review.  Lots of twitter feeds showing the 'reconstitution' involves bottom of the barrel conscripts and mechanized units turned in to rifle units.  A lot of the mechanized units are being backfilled not with armor but with light utility vehicles.   

Good point. DoS officials should be checking with the Twitter Feed Verification Department before making such wild claims.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:23 PM, DirkDiggler said:

Highly recommend getting in the SCIF for additional information on this, there’s multiple reasons you’ve heard very little open source.

Dammit.  I retired last year!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gearhog said:

Wait a sec. WTF?

If something is too sensational to be true, it's probably not true.

If something is too sensational to be true, it's probably not true.

State is probably also not the department of government I’d go looking for in depth intelligence on understanding combat power.

Be like asking the TSA how to do counter intelligence ops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

State is probably also not the department of government I’d go looking for in depth intelligence on understanding combat power.

Be like asking the TSA how to do counter intelligence ops.

I'd say alot of things TSA does are counter to intelligence. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gearhog said:

Good point. DoS officials should be checking with the Twitter Feed Verification Department before making such wild claims.

Hah.  Sure.  It's pretty heavily documented by open source imagery.  Where do you think they are magically getting all this modern equipment?  There couldn't possibly be any motive for saying Russia is at the same state they were pre-war?  

Edited by uhhello

9 hours ago, kaputt said:

What’s in the water in New England? Homeboy that leaked TS to his gamer friends, fire man, hunger strike guy, and now this clown are all from there. 

It’s real strange, that’s for sure.

Hah.  Sure.  It's pretty heavily documented by open source imagery.  Where do you think they are magically getting all this modern equipment?  There couldn't possibly be any motive for saying Russia is at the same state they were pre-war?  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/04/14/russia-sent-70-year-old-t-55-tanks-to-ukraine-without-even-upgrading-them/?sh=41432a5534d2

Surely the only reason they would be doing crap like this is they want to do it… It wouldn’t possibly demonstrate they are consuming their best equipment faster than they can replace it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kiev claiming they shot down a TU-22M3, Russia says it was mechanical failure.  Regradless, they have taken some big losses on the air side.  Ukraine did heavily damage another TU-22M3 in a drone strike (bottom picture - note the used tire revetment).  That is a big hunk of aluminum falling down.

GLgeMZgXMAAXLqy?format=jpg&name=large

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&height=900&width=1600

i'm seeing a familiar trend of the west focusing on small tactical victories and missing the major strategic loss. great they shot down a bomber.

but that won't prevent them from losing the war.

it's amazing that such professionally educated officers can't grasp ukraine is losing. badly. and they have zero chance of beating russia.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

i'm seeing a familiar trend of the west focusing on small tactical victories and missing the major strategic loss. great they shot down a bomber.

but that won't prevent them from losing the war.

it's amazing that such professionally educated officers can't grasp ukraine is losing. badly. and they have zero chance of beating russia.

This is an ironic thing to say considering they have been starved of the weaponry required to fight. If I were a bit more cynical I would say you are being intentionally disingenuous.

We shouldn't be sending them money or weapons!

*We stop sending them money and weapons.*

See!? They are losing, so there's no point in sending the money or weaponry!