Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

24 minutes ago, DSG said:

America doesn’t live up to its own values, made up or not.  Which is fine — liberal pieties are dumb.   I just have an allergy to self righteous hypocrisy, something which seems to be the stock and trade of our betters.

That, we agree on for certain.  Our only proper option is to not take part in that game.  But that's a moral decision, now isn't it?

P.S. I understand who you're talking about, but I wouldn't call them 'our betters'.  I'd agree with "those who are in power"

Edited by FourFans

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

And which countries are the icons of morality in your mind?

Especially considering you just said this, pardon me for considering this statement a bit ironic.

I wouldn’t call any state a shining paragon of anything.  The ideological zealotry of the American elite, however, is uniquely insufferable and dangerous.  If they’re willing to throw aside their fiduciary duties to promote a cross dresser, war isn’t far behind.  We’ve already seen the application of “democratic peace theory” in the Middle East, and it’s been a bloody disaster.  They are under no significant selection pressure and have a vast economic reservoir to draw on; their potential for further ruin is significant.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

So weren’t we hearing from the WH and the media 1-2 months ago that if Ukraine didn’t get mass additional funding right away that they wouldn’t be able to defend themselves from Russia?  

In many ways it is true. 

The Ukrainians, using our tech, have been inflicting personnel losses at a 5:1 ratio (10:1 when it comes to armor and fighting vehicles), that being said, the Russians in typical manner have settled into a battle of attrition which is their ideological way of war.  Unfortunately for Ukraine, Russia has three times the population and Vlad seems content to continue to throw his country's youth into the meat grinder.  Additionally, Russian industry has been cranking up tank production and while they continue to lose their vehicles fast than they can produce them, they still have deep reserves and without continued replacements the Ukraine force will degrade.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DSG said:

The ideological zealotry of the American elite, however, is uniquely insufferable and dangerous.

You just keep saying absurd things. Uniquely dangerous? Insufferable?

How many of our citizens have we slaughtered on the shrine of Americanism? Where is our Stalinist purge?

The suffering of the American people at the hands of our politicians, regardless of how incompetent, is only unique in how minimal it has been

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

In many ways it is true. 

The Ukrainians, using our tech, have been inflicting personnel losses at a 5:1 ratio (10:1 when it comes to armor and fighting vehicles), that being said, the Russians in typical manner have settled into a battle of attrition which is their ideological way of war.  Unfortunately for Ukraine, Russia has three times the population and Vlad seems content to continue to throw his country's youth into the meat grinder.  Additionally, Russian industry has been cranking up tank production and while they continue to lose their vehicles fast than they can produce them, they still have deep reserves and without continued replacements the Ukraine force will degrade.

agree CH. which is why Ukraine cannot win. UNLESS the west throws their own manpower into the mix a la WW3. Something that is not in the best interest of the United States.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

The suffering of the American people at the hands of our politicians, regardless of how incompetent, is only unique in how minimal it has been

Pretty sure we can have that without being the world’s policeman and massive defense spending every year.  And I would argue that we have less liberty and freedom in this country this bigger our government gets (and yes, thar includes defense spending).

Edited by HeloDude
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

Pretty sure we can have that without being the world’s policeman and massive defense spending every year.  And I would argue that we have less liberty and freedom in this country this bigger our government gets (and yes, thar includes defense spending).

Sure we can, and yes we do. I was addressing the words he chose to use, not the ones you might have used instead.

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I doubt these Americans would agree with that 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/angel-moms-furious-biden-admin-illegal-immigrant-arrest-murder-texas-teen

https://www.foxnews.com/media/angel-families-unload-biden-title-42-ends-worse-third-world-country

2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Yeah, and that sucks. Believe me, the immigration crisis is infuriating. But you think it's better in Europe? Asia? South America?

Something can suck and still be the best. It's a sad indictment on where we are, but it's reality.

Yeah, and that sucks. Believe me, the immigration crisis is infuriating. But you think it's better in Europe? Asia? South America?

Something can suck and still be the best. It's a sad indictment on where we are, but it's reality.

Fair enough
Don’t think it’s any better anywhere else in the Western / Developed world
“Leaders” everywhere see the people of their nations as nothing but interchangeable cogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

its all by design. open border wef globalists who meet in davos...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DSG said:

That being said, quite a lot of citizens were slaughtered in the war to deny the South its self-determination, as I seem to recall.  It's so funny to watch conservatives abandon that one like rats on a sinking galleon in the last 5 years.

In what corner of the world do you sit that you think conservatives abandoned the south will rise again stupidity in the last 5 years?

Go fuck yourself in the corner with a hot curling iron.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DSG said:

That being said, quite a lot of citizens were slaughtered in the war to deny the South its self-determination, as I seem to recall.  It's so funny to watch conservatives abandon that one like rats on a sinking galleon in the last 5 years.

Holy shit I didn’t think this kind of anti-American stupidity still existed. Please, expand on these beliefs. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ViperStud said:

Holy shit I didn’t think this kind of anti-American stupidity still existed. Please, expand on these beliefs. 

Expand what?  I don’t put any particular stock in the “Lost Cause,” but it was hardly a bloodless disagreement, and one that required careful reconciliation.  And it carried the sympathy of many conservatives until roughly yesterday.  

Edit — I’ve been needlessly provocative, so I’ll let it go.  

Edited by DSG
Tone

3 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

If nothing else, every branch should all be thoroughly concerned with figuring out defenses against drones

This

8 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

Another Russian Cruiser converted to submarine!

If nothing else, every branch should all be thoroughly concerned with figuring out defenses against drones.

Outstanding!

But one point of correction: based on the title I was thinking it was a Kirov or another Slava (remember when they sank the Moskva back in 2022) class...the ship in this video was "only" a Corvette.

• Like 1

Outstanding!
But one point of correction: based on the title I was thinking it was a Kirov or another Slava (remember when they sank the Moskva back in 2022) class...the ship in this video was "only" a Corvette.

If they keep this up, “Flagship” will be the default title for whatever the Russians have left in the water.

That should simplify things for journalists trying to do Navy vessel identification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Tucker Carlson being allowed to publish his interview with Vladimir Putin tomorrow evening at 6pm EST?

If we're at war with Russia, and Tucker interviews the leader of the country we are at war with, and then publishes that interview on American media outlets, is that not Anti-American propaganda? Is it not traitorous? We already know every word Putin says in the interview will be a lie, so why would we allow anyone to see dangerous misinformation?

It only makes sense to sanction and bring charges against anyone deliberately causing harm to our national security.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, gearhog said:

why would we allow anyone to see dangerous misinformation?

In a better world, the viewer would analyze the speaker and the message and judge accordingly. You think most of what's broadcast domestically is not propaganda and misinformation? You think most of what Trump or Pelosi or Biden or the squad chicks say is truth? I think it's a perfect opportunity to sit down with your kids (or great-grandkids, CH & Huggy) and talk about critical thinking.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, gearhog said:

Why is Tucker Carlson being allowed to publish his interview with Vladimir Putin tomorrow evening at 6pm EST?

If we're at war with Russia, and Tucker interviews the leader of the country we are at war with, and then publishes that interview on American media outlets, is that not Anti-American propaganda? Is it not traitorous? We already know every word Putin says in the interview will be a lie, so why would we allow anyone to see dangerous misinformation?

It only makes sense to sanction and bring charges against anyone deliberately causing harm to our national security.

Because he is a free citizen and we are not at war with Russia?

I'd actually like to hear Putin's "reasons" so that we can more accurately counter his propaganda/respond appropriately to his abuses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3