Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

3 hours ago, FourFans said:

The lack of nuanced analytical thinking about the complex and highly dynamic subjects addressed in this thread is palpable.  

1 hour ago, bfargin said:

If China attacked Hawaii, China would no longer exist as we currently know it. I'd launch everything we have that makes things glow from the West coast and destroy every major city, military complex, and populated region of China. There'd be no nuance about it. Obviously with Guam my calculus is slightly different but I wouldn't just fight a battle where we were losing men and women slowly in a meat grinder. If talks didn't work quickly then they might get hit with the same massive strike as in scenario 1.

The defense rests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfargin said:

If China attacked Hawaii, China would no longer exist as we currently know it. I'd launch everything we have that makes things glow from the West coast and destroy every major city, military complex, and populated region of China. There'd be no nuance about it. Obviously with Guam my calculus is slightly different but I wouldn't just fight a battle where we were losing men and women slowly in a meat grinder. If talks didn't work quickly then they might get hit with the same massive strike as in scenario 1.

Ummmm…no. If you think any “total war” retaliation is a given in today’s world you’re proving 4Fans’ point. 

On 12/30/2023 at 3:32 PM, FourFans said:

The lack of nuanced analytical thinking about the complex and highly dynamic subjects addressed in this thread is palpable.  

so all you "nuanced analytical thinkers" won't address the root cause of Putin's motivation to go into ukraine: unchecked NATO expansion.

some of you think putin woke up and decided on a whim to attack ukraine. it's ironic that you pat yourselves on the back as such strategic thinkers but have a massive blind spot

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

so all you "nuanced analytical thinkers" won't address the root cause of Putin's motivation to go into ukraine: unchecked NATO expansion.

some of you think putin woke up and decided on a whim to attack ukraine. it's ironic that you pat yourselves on the back as such strategic thinkers but have a massive blind spot

Glad to know you’ve got such a good grasp on ground truth.  I make no claims on understanding the root cause of the invasion…and there likely isn’t one such singularly cause.  NATO expansion, demographics, a weak US president, rising US isolationism, EUROPEAN UNION SPINELESSNESS, good timing with Ukraine internal politics, Putin being megalomaniac, Russians being Russians?  All of the above?  

But sure, go ahead and believe you’ve got it sorted.  When you make claims like that, does it strike you at all as melodramatically black or white?  Or do you genuinely believe it was solely ‘NATO expansion’?  If so, why?

*Side bar: NATO didn’t go out looking for new members.  New members saw Russian aggression starting in Georgia during the GW era and started asking for membership.  I know this because I worked in NATO, and membership was a hot topic.  “NATO Expansion” is a known misnomer propagated by Russian media and intelligence agencies.  Call it whatever, NATO expanded due to Russia invading its neighbors over the past 30 years.  

Edited by FourFans
forgot to mention the European environment
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

The Baltics joined in ‘04 (tough to blame them, bracketed by K-grad and Belarus) and since then no one near Russia joined until they invaded Ukraine. 

Now as a direct response to Putin invading Ukraine, Finland and Sweden are in. Zero chance of them joining pre-invasion. That’s a massive strategic failure by Putin if he was really concerned about NATO expansion  

Bashi, you are regurgitating Putin’s talking points. 

Edited by ViperStud
To further refute black knight bashi

6 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

His desire to rebuild the USSR/Russian Empire?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:04 AM, tac airlifter said:

I looked and cannot find a single "pro-Putin"  quote from Trump. If you could provide something specific, I would possibly better understand your point.  FYI, a world leader saying "hey I met this guy, he's not the devil, we can work together" is normal dialogue.  Post UKR war Trump maturely stated (paraphrasing) "yes Putin is a killer, but there are lots of killers and I'll work with everyone to secure a peace deal."  If you can find actual Putin knob gobbling please post, otherwise your point is disproven.

The Qanon Shaman just called and said, "Really?" 🤣

Don't know if it's because I'm one of the resident Tailhook guys on BaseOps (casual reader) who knows how to utilize Datalink & PLM as well as Google "Number of times Putin has praised Trump." and the first link that pops up is "80 Times Trump has gone out of his way to praise Putin!" and it was only from 2015-2017???🤨

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/03/politics/trump-putin-russia-timeline/

Malignant Narcissists & wanta-be fascist dictators love other authoritarian/ fascist dictators?!?🤗

Since you probably won't click on my link as it's from CNN let me give you a brief rundown of the article.

• Starts in 2015 how Putin is a stronger tremendous leader & better than Obama.
  • Goes out of way to say, "How nice Putin was to him and how they have a great relationship"
  • Confiscates transcripts notes from interpreter in meeting w/ Putin.
  • Sides with Putin over our intelligence agencies regarding Russian interference in Helsinki
  • Calls Putin, "A genius" for invading Ukraine and launching a "Special Military Operation"

Not a conspiracy tin foil hat guy and doubted there was ever a Pee Tape at a Moscow hotel, but based on his overwhelming flattery & praise of Putin, an downright refusal to EVER be critical of Putin's Russia, I'm sayin maybe?

Perhaps if you would like to differentiate yourself from Bash-schitt you might look to explore other outlets then whatever Right-Wing Ecosystem your currently vacationing in.

Happy New Year! 🤩

Putin Nicer.PNG

Trump Putin.PNG

Putin genius.PNG

Edited by ChiliDawg

5 minutes ago, ChiliDawg said:

Perhaps if you would like to differentiate yourself from Bash-schitt you might look to explore other outlets then whatever Right-Wing Ecosystem your currently vacationing in.

Nomination for quote of the year, and it’s only January 1st.

7 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

Nomination for quote of the year, and it’s only January 1st.

Hey I'm still slightly drunk/hungover from last night out in NOLA in the French Quarter (in town for the Sugar Bowl, GO HUSKIES!) and figured it was time to start '24 w/ a bang on baseops! 

Here's to 2024 being the year we start disposing of dictators starting w/ the guy cowering behind the Kremlin's walls!

tear-down-putin_detail.jpg

1 hour ago, ChiliDawg said:

Hey I'm still slightly drunk/hungover from last night out in NOLA in the French Quarter (in town for the Sugar Bowl, GO HUSKIES!) and figured it was time to start '24 w/ a bang on baseops! 

Here's to 2024 being the year we start disposing of dictators starting w/ the guy cowering behind the Kremlin's walls!

tear-down-putin_detail.jpg

Because history shows how great it’s been with the US deposing strongmen.

Oh wait, it is a total clusterfuck and causes a power vacuum.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ChiliDawg said:

The Qanon Shaman just called and said, "Really?" 🤣

Don't know if it's because I'm one of the resident Tailhook guys on BaseOps (casual reader) who knows how to utilize Datalink & PLM as well as Google "Number of times Putin has praised Trump." and the first link that pops up is "80 Times Trump has gone out of his way to praise Putin!" and it was only from 2015-2017???🤨

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/03/politics/trump-putin-russia-timeline/

Malignant Narcissists & wanta-be fascist dictators love other authoritarian/ fascist dictators?!?🤗

Since you probably won't click on my link as it's from CNN let me give you a brief rundown of the article.

• Starts in 2015 how Putin is a stronger tremendous leader & better than Obama.
  • Goes out of way to say, "How nice Putin was to him and how they have a great relationship"
  • Confiscates transcripts notes from interpreter in meeting w/ Putin.
  • Sides with Putin over our intelligence agencies regarding Russian interference in Helsinki
  • Calls Putin, "A genius" for invading Ukraine and launching a "Special Military Operation"

Not a conspiracy tin foil hat guy and doubted there was ever a Pee Tape at a Moscow hotel, but based on his overwhelming flattery & praise of Putin, an downright refusal to EVER be critical of Putin's Russia, I'm sayin maybe?

Happy New Year! 🤩

Putin Nicer.PNG

Trump Putin.PNG

Putin genius.PNG

I went to your link (which covered far more than 2015-2017, it was an exhaustive archive) and here is some of the hard hitting evidence provided that Trump is a Russian stooge and the pee tape might be real.  image.thumb.jpeg.5238d89e43ece5b063afef9c9c79c0bf.jpeg

This kind of stuff might be damming proof that Trump is a pro-Putin traitor to you, but I do not draw the same conclusions.  Do you have anything post-Ukraine invasion, since that was the context of this discussion?

• Haha 2

On 1/1/2024 at 7:15 PM, tac airlifter said:

I went to your link (which covered far more than 2015-2017, it was an exhaustive archive) and here is some of the hard hitting evidence provided that Trump is a Russian stooge and the pee tape might be real.  

In my best Scottish Accent, "For Fookes Sake!" 🤨

Are you auditioning to be one of his defense attorneys? Really???

I mean seriously not only were you given an article with 80 instances from just '15-'17 but you literally go into the article and intentionally look for a superfluous example and try to use it to mischaracterize Trump's unquestionable loyalty & infatuation with Vladimir Putin an disregard all the cringeworthy ones?!?😑

Let's just start with ONE shall we? Since you're obviously auditioning for his attorney please tell us the logic and reason of not only taking Putin's word on election interference over our INTEL but then openly taking Vlad up on going into a Cyber Security Partnership w/ the same folks that hacked our elections a year prior.

Not only did he dismiss the INTEL from 19 of our own agencies but he actually proposed we form a strategic partnership in building a cyber security network with a hostile foreign adversary antithetical to our government & way of life. 

The is the equivalent of hiring the burglar's who recently robbed your home to install a security system to ensure you keep your loved ones & valuables safe.

Unlike myself & @ViperStud  who not only has been calling you out for your BS claims but also know how to use IFF, we swore oaths to the Constitution of the United States. Not some malignant narcissist & wanta be dictator who appeals to your inner desire to always "Own the Libs".

Go ahead an put on your MAGA hat and tell us how we've got it all wrong! I double-dawg-dare-ya! 🙃

Trump Putin.PNG

Edited by ChiliDawg
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ChiliDawg said:

Unlike myself & @ViperStud  who not only has been calling you out for your BS claims but also know how to use IFF, we swore oaths to the Constitution of the United States. Not some malignant narcissist & wanta be dictator who appeals to your inner desire....

I don't understand what these words mean.  

10 hours ago, ChiliDawg said:

Unlike myself & @ViperStud  who not only has been calling you out for your BS claims but also know how to use IFF

5 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I don't understand what these words mean.  

Remember to use the right day's codes....👌 perhaps 🤔

@tac airlifter I'm pretty sure you know how to use one of those.  

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2024 at 10:59 PM, ChiliDawg said:

I mean seriously not only were you given an article with 80 instances from just '15-'17 but you literally go into the article and intentionally look for a superfluous example and try to use it to mischaracterize Trump's unquestionable loyalty & infatuation with Vladimir Putin an disregard all the cringeworthy ones?!?😑

now do biden and the chinese. and do biden and his crack head son getting 50k/month from the most corrupt country in europe (ukraine). now do biden interfering to have a ukranian prosecutor fired to protect his son's business interests.

loyalty? in what way. no loyalty. trump talks up his opponents. you think he's loyal to little rocket man because trump played nice on his visit to NK? you have a very childish understanding of international politics. was it not trump warning the Germans they were too heavily dependent on russian energy? that doesn't seem too pro russia to me.

Let's just start with ONE shall we? Since you're obviously auditioning for his attorney please tell us the logic and reason of not only taking Putin's word on election interference over our INTEL but then openly taking Vlad up on going into a Cyber Security Partnership w/ the same folks that hacked our elections a year prior.

no hacking of elections occurred per the NYT:

"The report also found that neither Russia nor other countries tried to change ballots themselves. Efforts by Russian hackers to gain access to state and local networks were unrelated to efforts by Moscow to influence the presidential vote."

russia running influence operations (something the US does all the time in foreign countries) is not "hacking elections"

Not only did he dismiss the INTEL from 19 of our own agencies

the same agencies who stated the hunter biden laptop was "russian disinformation"? the same intel agencies who botched the iraq weapons of mass destruction? the same intel agencies that sen chuck schumer was interviewed about on MSNBC? QUOTE:

"New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

the intel community has a credibility problem and it's not because of trump. if it's common knowledge in the circles of DC that the intel community is vindictive and has "six ways from sunday" to get back at you...then we have problems. very serious problems and i think any sitting president should be wary of that community. hell kennedy saw this early on and wanted to disband the cia. they killed him for it, but the point stands.

Unlike myself & @ViperStud  who not only has been calling you out for your BS claims but also know how to use IFF, we swore oaths to the Constitution of the United States

Lame bro.

Trump Putin.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the ridiculous allegation that Trump is somehow pro Putin, I wonder how happy Putin was when Trump went to Europe, and immediately began twisting arms to get our NATO partners to pay the full 2% that they agreed to when they joined?

Russia-US-Clinton_Horo-e1469997327267.jp

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Vlad has reportedly lost over 300 combat aircraft in the fight for Ukraine (I don't think that includes all the helos).  He lost 3 X SU-34's in one day (thanks Patriot missile system).

c576320b028519de.jpg

another-shot-down-russian-su-35s-the-pho

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=885,498,x27,y0,s

Seeing a Sukhoi in a snowy field on fire is an eerily type of beauty.