The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

4 hours ago, Prozac said:

Honestly don’t know all that much about DeSantis and running Florida certainly isn’t the same as running the country. I wouldn’t commit to making that call until I see his presidential platform IF he runs. I’m willing to listen with an open mind though. 

Ive never understood this sentiment. You are essentially posting the millennial job paradox. 

LF: Experienced leader to be President of US. Must have 10 years experience running countries. 

Who are you going to find like that? A state is literally the next lowest executive echelon in the US. Like if you want someone with public service executive experience, a governor is literally your most qualified candidate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, Negatory said:

How much of gas prices are due to domestic economic policies dictated by the executive branch? Is the US President causing gas to be $6-9 across Europe as well? Oh wait this is global? That’s not good for my narrative or funny gas pump stickers. Or is there a potential that a war in Ukraine + restarting a global economy after a massive overreaction due to COVID + a literal cartel (OPEC) have a lot more to do with energy prices? Also, reminder that there are a surplus of drilling permits (about 10 years worth) available by the federal gov that are unused. What’s the policy you think that would solve this?

I am sorry but you are straight up regurgitating the DNC talking points that spew out of the White House..."Putin Price Hike"...Come on Man.

Of course it is global...and what we do at home impacts global supply.  When Biden declared war on the U.S. energy industry and surrendered energy our independence he EARNED that sticker.  Yes restarting the world economy and a war in Ukraine impact supply and demand but much of the increase happened before Putin went rouge and it is because we constrained our U.S. supply.   We are now begging Venezuela, Saudi and Iran to produce more oil as if somehow that doesn't emit carbon like U.S. based oil does...Come on man!

Please STOP referencing the 9,000 unused leased without giving the rest of the story.  Does the energy industry have 9,000 leases to drill on government owned land, absolutely...does the government drag their feet, fight in court and block those leases at every turn...YES.  The average time to get through the regulatory process is 10 YEARS.  Then they fight all mechanisms to move and process the oil  (pipelines and refineries).  

The oil market is not just a supply and demand curve, perception has a large influence.  Would approving Keystone increase the supply of oil tomorrow, nope...but the price of oil would immediately fall on perception.

This entire situation is purposeful - Biden said, “I want you to look at my eyes. I guarantee you. I guarantee you. We’re going to end fossil fuel.”

A lofty goal and something but a realistic timeline that doesn't destroy our economy would be a far better approach.  Sadly, Biden doesn't comprehend how oil impacts every segment of our economy.  This situation is going to get a LOT worse.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

Ive never understood this sentiment. You are essentially posting the millennial job paradox. 

LF: Experienced leader to be President of US. Must have 10 years experience running countries. 

Who are you going to find like that? A state is literally the next lowest executive echelon in the US. Like if you want someone with public service executive experience, a governor is literally your most qualified candidate. 

How’d you get that from my post? I never said I don’t think he’s qualified. My point was that he’s not running for president (yet) and he hasn’t articulated how he would act should he become president. Until he does, I’ll reserve judgement. 

there is so much revenue to be create from O&G that can better our country as far as infrastructure, education and other programs that could really help those in need, I dont know why we want to race away from that sector.  The US is in a position to be the global energy export leader.  

When you factor all the jobs involved in Exploration and production (Drilling), Midstream (Transportation) and Downstream (Refining and delivery), ppl only think of hte big players like Exxon and Chevron but there are thousands of other businesses all involved in the process.  Maintenance, Integrity, Installation, there are hundreds of thousands employed.  Planting a bunch of wind farms wont create the jobs claimed.  I also challenge proponents of wind to drive through WY on any given day and notice all the turbines that are idle due to wind loads.  Turbines need wind but too much and they break.

IMO our energy policy should be to be an Energy leader while supporting R&D to develop new technologies that can be more efficient.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ecugringo said:

Turbines need wind but too much and they break.

Now it all make sense - drove across the country a while  ago, multiple days of it being windy as shit and tons of turbines not turning. The failure of current “green energy” on full display. 

Concur with others though, I fully support energy advancement, but let’s do it on a realistic timeline and not rush it, which in turn ends in failure with the bonus of destroying our economy and crushing the middle and lower class. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, brabus said:

Now it all make sense - drove across the country a while  ago, multiple days of it being windy as shit and tons of turbines not turning. The failure of current “green energy” on full display. 

Concur with others though, I fully support energy advancement, but let’s do it on a realistic timeline and not rush it, which in turn ends in failure with the bonus of destroying our economy and crushing the middle and lower class. 

Sadly it’s all political.  The left over the years have been on record for saying how bad they think fossil fuels are, how they want them to go away…even if it costs the average American citizen more money.  Biden signs EOs to make it harder/more expensive to harness the energy of fossil fuels, he has advisors who are openly against fossil fuels, and the Dems have not produced any legislation that reduces regulations on fossil fuels.

But the rising gas prices are now the fault of…wait for it…Putin’s war in Ukraine and those evil greedy oil executives.

Biden doesn’t deserve 100% of the blame for the rising costs, but he does deserve 100% for not trying to lower the costs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

Sadly it’s all political.  The left over the years have been on record for saying how bad they think fossil fuels are, how they want them to go away…even if it costs the average American citizen more money.  Biden signs EOs to make it harder/more expensive to harness the energy of fossil fuels, he has advisors who are openly against fossil fuels, and the Dems have not produced any legislation that reduces regulations on fossil fuels.

But the rising gas prices are now the fault of…wait for it…Putin’s war in Ukraine and those evil greedy oil executives.

Biden doesn’t deserve 100% of the blame for the rising costs, but he does deserve 100% for not trying to lower the costs.

The other interesting point is the Crack Spread.  This is the ratio of what companies purchase crude at vs selling a finished product.  The higher the spread the greater the profit.  Right now with Oil at $120/bbl and Fuel at $5sh.....It's actually not good margins for producers.  Now when the storage tanks were full at $40-$60/bbl and Fuel started increasing, they made stupid money.  Not saying they aren't now but its not what you would think.  When Crude gets too low they tighten the valve and layoffs happen.

Since Putin has state run oil companies as well as many OPEC players....They really aren't interested in reducing the price of crude.

2 of hte top 10 companies in the S&P now are Marathon and Valero.  Not Salesforce or Facebook/META bs.  My bet is their strategy is to maximize profits and shareholder revenue today and hold cash.  If there is a red wave this fall I think they will invest in infrastructure and you might see more crude hit the market.  But if Dems hold ground, these companies will further retreat and not invest in future aquisitions.

And when there’s no one else to blame, and your party runs both the House and the Senate, then blame the GOP lol…it’s not going well for old Joe.

“Biden Blames Republicans in Congress for Soaring Inflation”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-blames-republicans-in-congress-for-soaring-inflation/?fbclid=IwAR1Y_5GZV8YiTGjtv8AJqvtjZcML3UBQNSppsFBR5NxaC-Bhy-bwpSKMIDA

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I am sorry but you are straight up regurgitating the DNC talking points that spew out of the White House..."Putin Price Hike"...Come on Man.

You make a good argument, but it's also comical that you call someone out for "regurgitating talking points" when you plagiarized the American Petroleum Institute's website, bullet point by bullet point, without attributing a word of it as anyone's other than your own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waingro said:

You make a good argument, but it's also comical that you call someone out for "regurgitating talking points" when you plagiarized the American Petroleum Institute's website, bullet point by bullet point, without attributing a word of it as anyone's other than your own.

I agree, there should be footnotes or something.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ecugringo said:

We now have the President telling companies what an acceptable profit margin is.

Biden tells oil companies in letter 'well above normal' refinery profit margins are 'not acceptable' (cnbc.com)

Biden’s “climate czar” John Kerry said we absolutely do not need more oil drilling.  This is the message of the left…

If the GOP was smart (they often aren’t), they would run ads of a few soundbites of Biden/his administration and Dem politicians saying how they’re against oil, more oil exploitation, etc and then show the price of gas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Biden’s “climate czar” John Kerry said we absolutely do not need more oil drilling.  This is the message of the left…

If the GOP was smart (they often aren’t), they would run ads of a few soundbites of Biden/his administration and Dem politicians saying how they’re against oil, more oil exploitation, etc and then show the price of gas.

Wise strategy in lieu of the Hunter Biden stories; while true and investigation worthy- doesn’t meet the appeal threshold of the public, specifically those on the fence.  GOP needs to start playing the dem campaign games.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Funny.  My Chevron stock is up 70% from last fall.  Its my gas hedge stock, so I think I'll take the dividends this year and get one tank of high quality petrol. 

lol i bought Exxon in May or June 2020 at around $34.  Was at $104 last week.

4 hours ago, ecugringo said:

We now have the President telling companies what an acceptable profit margin is.

Biden tells oil companies in letter 'well above normal' refinery profit margins are 'not acceptable' (cnbc.com)

This is exactly what I was talking about in my last post when it comes to the absolute vacuum of leadership ability in the current administration. The lefty advisors sitting around thinking of their next move can't even help themselves when it comes to their hatred of the oil industry. So they draft up a letter from Biden that simply attacks the oil industry vs trying to be part of a solution.

Like I had said before, the administration could stick to their public goal of trying to move away from fossil fuels while also actually working to help the American public today. There is absolutely no reason the President's letter couldn't have been an olive branch reaching out to the oil industry seeing how the federal government could work with and help the oil industry to increase supply and production. "To the American people, today I sent a letter to America's oil executives expressing my office's desire to sit down and come to real solutions on how to increase oil supply in this country. Make no mistake, my administration is still committed to furthering America's movement towards green energy, a process I feel the oil industry can be a part of as well; but this is a long process that will take time. American's are hurting now though, I feel that pain, and we are going to work together with America's oil and gas industry to make things better."

But instead we get more of the "oil is evil talk". This administration is just simply inept.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 6/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, Waingro said:

Dear god Karen, there is a huge difference between using a source to support an argument and simply spewing the tripe and LIES that comes out of the DNC.  I'll make sure all future posts are in the APA style.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Negatory said:

I think the fundamental disconnect of this forum to American society is that the majority of you don’t believe global warming is either real or a real issue.

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/2019/11/25/u-s-public-views-on-climate-and-energy/

There is WAY more going on, on Earth than your/my/our CO2 contributions....where are we in any of these other factors????

FFS...Earth wobble affects more greatly temps than CO2, or sea currents.

The disconnect is people who believe a single thing IS the cause, when the whole system is more complex and don't consider the other factors. You know, like, pick and choose what suits your narrative instead of the science! Ha, trust the science (cough, hack, the science we tell you to beleive)! Where have we heard that before?

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-earths-climate-changes-naturally-and-why-things-are-different-now-20200721/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

There is WAY more going on, on Earth than your/my/our CO2 contributions....where are we in any of these other factors????

FFS...Earth wobble affects more greatly temps than CO2, or sea currents.

The disconnect is people who believe a single thing IS the cause, when the whole system is more complex and don't consider the other factors. You know, like, pick and choose what suits your narrative instead of the science! Ha, trust the science (cough, hack, the science we tell you to beleive)! Where have we heard that before?

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-earths-climate-changes-naturally-and-why-things-are-different-now-20200721/

Case in point. I don't know if you even read the source. Second paragraph:

"We can clearly show the causal link between carbon dioxide emissions from human activity and the 1.28 degree Celsius (and rising) global temperature increase since pre-industrial times." Then he goes on to tell you about other things that have affected the climate in the past, but that article in no way backs up your point. Also, just to be clear, the scientific community is not even slightly split on this. 99-100% consensus on humans causing anthropogenic climate change.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0270467619886266

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac2966

Brandolini's law strikes again. "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it"

Edited by Negatory
  • Haha 2

Obama owns two waterfront mansions.  Biden owns one.  The Bush family owns one.  I bet Kerry owns one.

All of them travel via Gulfstream.

I’ll believe I have to give up fossil fuels when these people start living like climate change is real.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

"We can clearly show the causal link between carbon dioxide emissions from human activity and the 1.28 degree Celsius (and rising) global temperature increase since pre-industrial times." 

What a complete BS claim.

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

Brandolini's law strikes again. "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it"

Brandolini's law explains how that feces was published in spite of the ridiculous claim shown in quotes in your post.

There are way too many variables, each with significant variance in climate change models, to come even close to showing a causal effect (even a "relative causal" effect). I know a Senior Editor who should be replaced.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JimNtexas said:

Obama owns two waterfront mansions.  Biden owns one.  The Bush family owns one.  I bet Kerry owns one.

All of them travel via Gulfstream.

I’ll believe I have to give up fossil fuels when these people start living like climate change is real.

We both know you wouldn't believe even then. Your arguments have always focused on entirely unrelated appeals to emotion and virtually never on evidence or facts.

2 minutes ago, bfargin said:

What a complete BS claim.

Brandolini's law explains how that feces was published in spite of the ridiculous claim shown in quotes in your post.

There are way too many variables, each with significant variance in climate change models, to come even close to showing a causal effect (even a "relative causal" effect). I know a Senior Editor who should be replaced.

@bfarginThat is a quote from the article the previous person posted. Looks like you don't read either.

• Downvote 1