The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

On 2/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, lloyd christmas said:

Where does this Michelle Obama talk come from?  Has she ever publicly said she has any interest at all in running?  A quick search on the googs didn’t pull anything up.  

Fox News.

42 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

Do tell …..

Well, let’s put it this way, when the legal analyst from MSNBC has this to say you know it’s not going well:

“Legal analyst Chuck Rosenberg said on MSNBC special coverage of the Georgia hearing on Fulton District Attorney Fani Willis’ eligibility in the election interference case against former President Donald Trump that it was not going well for the state and Willis should consider removing herself.”

Here’s a link from the local Atlanta news on what happened:

https://abc7.com/georgia-misconduct-hearing-nathan-wade-fani-willis-testimony/14428365/

Edited by HeloDude

I can't stand looking at Hunter Biden's face and I want Papa Biden to die already.  How can this garbage be considered for another run?   Also, quit picking Trump for the Republicans. There's gotta be someone else in the United States who can do a better job than both of these clowns, while not dancing with death (from old age) everyday.  WTF is wrong with our political parties? 

• Upvote 3

I can't stand looking at Hunter Biden's face and I want Papa Biden to die already.  How can this garbage be considered for another run?   Also, quit picking Trump for the Republicans. There's gotta be someone else in the United States who can do a better job than both of these clowns, while not dancing with death (from old age) everyday.  WTF is wrong with our political parties? 

Of course there is, but who in the hell would want to put their family thru the scrutiny of a campaign. Isn’t that why Colin Powell said he would never run for office?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

WTF is wrong with our political parties? 

A ton. But the root cause is the average voter is emotional and retarded. We’d see solid leadership if people actually gave a fuck about demanding and voting for that. Instead people vote based on tribal affiliation, what Taylor Swift says, and their opinions based on daily consumption of complete bullshit with zero individual thought or questioning applied. 

I wouldn’t be surprised by anything - go further left, swing hard right to the same magnitude of problems on the other end of the spectrum, etc. 

• Upvote 5

So Haley appears to have lost her home state, where she was Governor, by 20+ points and vows to continue on…which I imagine she will then lose every state on ‘Super Tuesday’ on March 5th.  With  a handful of delegates, and even if Trump were to drop dead in June, the RNC wouldn’t just automatically give her the nomination, and my money is she wouldn’t even get the nomination.  So this all begs the question—why is she still staying in to continue to lose?  Sure she has some campaign money and can keep going but I think the point of running a race is to win…unless she’s trying to be some kind of a spoiler?

The most logical reason I can think of is she’s holding out for Trump to be convicted of something that legally prevents him from being President and she can “swoop” in and take the nomination. It’s a low probability of success gameplan, but she probably doesn’t give a shit as long as the money is there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, brabus said:

The most logical reason I can think of is she’s holding out for Trump to be convicted of something that legally prevents him from being President and she can “swoop” in and take the nomination. It’s a low probability of success gameplan, but she probably doesn’t give a shit as long as the money is there.

I seriously doubt she would ever get the nomination even if that were to happen—my bet is DeSantis would definitely get it before her since he is way more popular amongst Republicans than Haley.

What an embarrassment if she hasn’t dropped out the day after Super Tuesday when she couldn’t win a single state.  

• Upvote 3

I think it’s possible she may decide to be a 3rd party candidate, so continuing on for now keeps her on the campaign trail. I wouldn’t be shocked if she ends up running under the “No Labels” ticket. 

Edited by kaputt

39 minutes ago, kaputt said:

I think it’s possible she may decide to be a 3rd party candidate, so continuing on for now keeps her on the campaign trail. I wouldn’t be shocked if she ends up running under the “No Labels” ticket. 

Not a chance—she saw the polls over the last several months.  If she was going to go 3rd party she would have already had done so.  I truly think she just wants to have her in with the elites after this is all over.

But your point about 3rd party, does everyone think RFK Jr will continue to run as an independent/3rd party?  It certainly at this point appears so?

28 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Not a chance—she saw the polls over the last several months.  If she was going to go 3rd party she would have already had done so.  I truly think she just wants to have her in with the elites after this is all over.

She polls poorly against deep red republicans who are addicted to Trump. But she does poll fairly well with independents and would likely even pull in a lot of frustrated, centrist democrats. 

Could she win the general election? Likely not.

But whoever wins the next election is a lame duck. If she wants a political future and another potential run at President, it may be beneficial to keep her face and voice out there as an anti-establishment candidate. Since it looks like it's going to be Biden v Trump again, no matter who wins, the country is just going to continue to go backwards. So 2028 is shaping up to be massive for the direction of the country. 

No Labels was on Fox and Friends this morning and there are already articles out about her potential to join that for 2024.

Nikki Haley Launching Third-Party 'No Labels' Run, GOP Consultant Predicts (msn.com)

Maybe it doesn't happen. For awhile it seemed like Manchin may give it a go. But I don't think it's out of the question. 

Edited by kaputt
typos

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

Maybe it doesn't happen. For awhile it seemed like Manchin may give it a go. But I don't think it's out of the question. 

It definitely won’t happen—again, if she was going to run as a third part, that’s what she would be doing right now, like RFK.  And the only reason RFK decided to run as an independent was because the DNC wouldn’t allow him to run against Biden.  Haley is running fair and square for her party’s nomination, she’s just not doing well.  And Manchin already said he wasn’t going to run…

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/west-virginia-sen-joe-manchin-rules-out-presidential-run-in-2024

Edited by HeloDude

https://ktla.com/news/california/panera-bread-exempt-from-following-californias-new-minimum-wage-law-due-to-relationship-with-newsom-reports/

Yeah dude!!!     

They really care about those poor fastfood workers.   Unless you work at Panera Bread.  Newsom has a buddy who owns a few in CA.  Put those masks back on,  it's for your own good.  

• Upvote 1

Garland announces the DoJ will fight Voter ID laws. Imagine being against proving that you are legal to vote. This should be a no brainer, non-political issue.

Unless you want people who aren’t legal to vote to somehow vote? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Garland announces the DoJ will fight Voter ID laws. Imagine being against proving that you are legal to vote. This should be a no brainer, non-political issue.

Unless you want people who aren’t legal to vote to somehow vote? 

Great plan for the Dems until they realize a majority of the legal and undocumented immigrants that come to this country from the southern border come from strong Catholic / socially conservative backgrounds. Not enough to sway the populace by any means but said “Latino Vote” is no longer a given, look at DeSantis’s win in traditionally heavy blue Miami Dade county. 

And Haley is finally out and Michelle Obama said the other day that she doesn’t want it (though I guess anyone can change their mind).  Definitely looking like a Biden vs Trump rematch.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:30 AM, HeloDude said:

And Haley is finally out and Michelle Obama said the other day that she doesn’t want it (though I guess anyone can change their mind).  Definitely looking like a Biden vs Trump rematch.

What about Oprah?!? 🤪