The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Biden family's rejection of Hunter's daughter with ex-stripper could do major psychological harm, experts say

"President Biden refuses to acknowledge his seventh grandchild's existence, consistently saying publicly that he has six grandchildren, not seven."

"Hunter, for his part, has refused to let his daughter take his last name and has gone to court to lower his child support payments to Roberts. He has reportedly never met his daughter with Roberts."

Hunter is a crackhead, what is Joe's excuse?  Unconscionable morally broken sack of shit to PUBLICLY punish a child for something she didn't do.  Deny her a name, deny her existence, and from other reports the girl is aware who her grandfather is the President of the United States, a fact that for every other grandchild would be a point of pride. 

Sick family.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is off limits for this family if they will do something like this.  It’s because of the way they are handling this that makes me convinced that they have done everything else they are accused of.  Along with the mountains of evidence of course….  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Prozac said:

Awww geee. Thanks for being such a fucking humanitarian. So glad I’ve got guys like you offering to legitimize me! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You were asked a simple direct question with an easy answer, and this is how you dodge it? At least your open contempt for humanitarianism conveys how you likely feel about a family failing to legitimize a little girl's inclusion in it.

9 hours ago, FourFans said:

That helps humanize you and helps all of us understand your arguments better.  It's a forum.  It's a place for questions, answers, and hopefully, mutual understanding.  

Very few here ever give anything valuable back in terms of debate. It’s frankly not worth it anymore for me.

If fellow military aviators (who happen to be liberal) aren’t sufficiently “humanized” for you, nothing I can say here will help.

I have a great mutual understanding with all the conservatives I know in real life - some friends, some family, some squadron homies. I do enjoy debating & talking with those people, have learned some good stuff, and have changed some previously held views over time. Same with friends who are fellow liberals and people everywhere in between.

I can’t say the same overall for folks here, and at this point, like I’ve alluded to previously, I’m just gonna stick to AF related stuff for the most part. 15 years of political sparing is a good run.

I won’t be be perfect though…everyone is a little bit of a crackhead about something in life 😉

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gearhog said:

You were asked a simple direct question with an easy answer, and this is how you dodge it? At least your open contempt for humanitarianism conveys how you likely feel about a family failing to legitimize a little girl's inclusion in it.

It’s stuff like this…why would I want to talk to a person like this?

Few of you would either if this kind of assumption was directed at you, having made no comment at all. And maybe you feel that way about me based on stuff I’ve said in the past. Ok, cool, the feeling is mutual.

Y’all can feel free to stop @ing me and move on with life. ✌️

Edited by nsplayr

Term limits and campaign finance reform are the only way to fix this mess. Corporate donations should be outright banned. Out-of state donations should be outright banned. The candidate running for the 69th district of Georgia should not be getting financial backing from Dick Suckerburg in California because the candidate’s job is to REPRESENT their constituents, not the interests of some billionaire 1500 miles away.

As far as terms go, I think the house needs to adopt a four year term, rather than two, so that they aren’t constantly running for re-election. For term limits, I’d say no more than six total terms in the House/Senate combined. That would give you 24 years in the house, 36 in the senate, and somewhere in between for those that transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Term limits and campaign finance reform are the only way to fix this mess. Corporate donations should be outright banned. Out-of state donations should be outright banned. The candidate running for the 69th district of Georgia should not be getting financial backing from Dick Suckerburg in California because the candidate’s job is to REPRESENT their constituents, not the interests of some billionaire 1500 miles away.

As far as terms go, I think the house needs to adopt a four year term, rather than two, so that they aren’t constantly running for re-election. For term limits, I’d say no more than six total terms in the House/Senate combined. That would give you 24 years in the house, 36 in the senate, and somewhere in between for those that transition.

The real solution is to limit voting rights to people who pay taxes. No skin in the game is the root cause of the out-of-control moral hazard we are currently mired in. I don't think there is a way out of this until you get rid of that systemic misalignment. Said another way: there's likely no way out.

7 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

The real solution is to limit voting rights to people who pay taxes. No skin in the game is the root cause of the out-of-control moral hazard we are currently mired in. I don't think there is a way out of this until you get rid of that systemic misalignment. Said another way: there's likely no way out.

Who doesn't pay taxes of some sort?

• Upvote 1

Who doesn't pay taxes of some sort?

I was about to ask the same question. Only answer I could think of was:

People in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon who don’t have property and earn little enough they don’t pay federal or state income tax. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

It’s stuff like this…why would I want to talk to a person like this?

Few of you would either if this kind of assumption was directed at you, having made no comment at all. And maybe you feel that way about me based on stuff I’ve said in the past. Ok, cool, the feeling is mutual.

Y’all can feel free to stop @ing me and move on with life. ✌️

Good question. Yet here you are, quoting me in a post that was not directed at you.

"Attention in the terminal, last and final call. Flight @nsplayer to Whogivesashit is now boarding. All remaining passengers make your way to Gate 69 for an immediate departure." How many times are you going to announce your departure? 

I try very hard not to use name-calling or personal insults and I don't believe I have with you. I simply don't like many of your opinions. If me challenging those opinions causes you to fold up your lawn chair and run off, were those opinions really that strong to begin with? Will they be missed?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

Sorry, should have been more specific. Income taxes.

So if you're not working for a year you don't get to vote?  I could go on and on and on.  Too many holes.  Somewhat good idea but impossible to execute.  

7 minutes ago, uhhello said:

So if you're not working for a year you don't get to vote?  I could go on and on and on.  Too many holes.  Somewhat good idea but impossible to execute.  

This is an internet message board used to exchange ideas / thoughts; let's not avoid the subject by trying to come up with a fully fleshed-out, 40000-page tax code that addresses all your nitpicks. I think my broader point is clear. There is a sizable portion of this country that provides no input into the coffers, yet is gaining an increasing share of political power and is able to exercise say over how money is directed. That is moral hazard, and should not be a thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ViperMan said:

This is an internet message board used to exchange ideas / thoughts; let's not avoid the subject by trying to come up with a fully fleshed-out, 40000-page tax code that addresses all your nitpicks. I think my broader point is clear. There is a sizable portion of this country that provides no input into the coffers, yet is gaining an increasing share of political power and is able to exercise say over how money is directed. That is moral hazard, and should not be a thing.

If anything we need to make voting less restrictive. Whether someone “provides input” into the system in your opinion or not, they are still effected by that system and as an American should have a vote. Especially since the reason they may be unemployed could be due to shortcomings of said system. 

echo what captain morgan said, campaign finance reform is a far more important issue to tackle 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brabus said:

How? It’s wildly unrestrictive as it is.

Thank you!  Agreed.  Case in point:
Georgia - “Hey guys you need to show some valid ID to vote here now”

Every Liberal (screaming) “That’s racist!!!!”

If I were a minority, I would be so offended by the notion that I was incapable of securing some valid form of ID for myself.  How do you tolerate, let alone vote for, politicians who constantly call you stupid?

Edited by O Face
@

5 hours ago, brabus said:

How? It’s wildly unrestrictive as it is.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/voting-restrictions-by-state/

I think this article gives some good examples. To sum it up, our voter turnout is not great (somewhere around 60%). Sure some of that is people who don’t care but some of it is due to many states making it inconvenient to vote. Same day Voter registration, mail in ballots, early voting should all be options for legal voters. Not everyone has the option of showing up on Election Day.

4 hours ago, O Face said:

Thank you!  Agreed.  Case in point:
Georgia - “Hey guys you need to show some valid ID to vote here now”

Every Liberal (screaming) “That’s racist!!!!”

If I were a minority, I would be so offended by the notion that I was incapable of securing some valid form of ID for myself.  How do you tolerate, let alone vote for, politicians who constantly call you stupid?

I think both sides can compromise here if state IDs were just made free. I’d be all for voter ID in that case. If you’re going to require something for a basic right, shouldn’t have to pay for it. I know it’s a very small cost to all of us here, but none of my business to tell poor people what they can or can’t afford.

20 hours ago, Prozac said:

Awww geee. Thanks for being such a fucking humanitarian. So glad I’ve got guys like you offering to legitimize me! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

12 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Very few here ever give anything valuable back in terms of debate. It’s frankly not worth it anymore for me.

If fellow military aviators (who happen to be liberal) aren’t sufficiently “humanized” for you, nothing I can say here will help.

I have a great mutual understanding with all the conservatives I know in real life - some friends, some family, some squadron homies. I do enjoy debating & talking with those people, have learned some good stuff, and have changed some previously held views over time. Same with friends who are fellow liberals and people everywhere in between.

I can’t say the same overall for folks here, and at this point, like I’ve alluded to previously, I’m just gonna stick to AF related stuff for the most part. 15 years of political sparing is a good run.

I won’t be be perfect though…everyone is a little bit of a crackhead about something in life 😉

Sadly, you both arrive: intellectually dissonant and unable to answer a straight question.

Were this a formation debrief: You're both weak souls who don't even deserve the honor of a backhand.  Weak Dick.

Oh, did that offend you? You both claim to be USAF aircrew members from the combat arms, yet you get touchy about political issues?  Really?  Get sack and man up you bitches.

I've read much of what both of you have spoken here, while neither of your have even once asked about my values.  Both of you value family.  Sincerely and in ways that I admire.  Both of you purport to stand stanchly by what you believe, which I also admire. 

I gather that neither of you would leave your children alone with any Biden, Trump, or Clinton male family member, yet you shrug when one of those same 'men' refuse to acknowledge their own offspring.  Neither of you would do that.  I have faith that both of your have stronger convictions then these individuals that lead our country, yet you defend your support of them.  Why?

Please, be intellectually honest.  Why are you defending those asshats by denying a clear response here?

You @nsplayr claim that you have good in-person relationships with people you disagree with when you are physically with them, yet when you are have no skin in the game, you cannot overcome differences.  That's not some relational virtue, that's being a coward about your real beliefs when physically present.  If you cannot see the cognitive dissonance there, you are either emotionally or cognitively impaired.  

All men are reduced to their lowest form of maturity when allowed to be anonymous.   It used to be while driving.  Now it's on the internet.   You both were asked a very simple, direct question.  No one will come after you physically for your answer, yet you dodge like you might be mugged for what you say.  You claim you'll be bludgeoned.   Seriously?  Are you so emotionally weak that you can't express your true believes in a venue where NOTHING WILL HAPPEN YOU YOU?

Your maturity is thus exposed.  I'm guessing at least one of you (if not both of you) is a captain at a major airline, and I find it sincerely sad that someone with such broad exposure and high responsibility would be so emotionally and mentally frail.  

Be men.   Do Better.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 2

@Jam

By and large, voter turnout is low because people don’t give a fuck/don’t prioritize it. That’s it, it’s not cosmic or some political boogeyman. Ocasm’s razor and all that. 

- ID should be 100% required, every time. Subsidized state ID for those making $X or less, totally support it. I agree nobody should be barred from voting because they can’t afford an ID. But, that’s a red herring and barely a blip on the radar these days due to several factors

- I also think we should establish voting days as either holidays or at least make a law that every employer must provide X hours of PTO to allow employees to go vote during the work day if they’re unable to before/after work (which really only applies to those working a 12+ hour shift). For those not working every min the polls are open, they can vote, but it’s a personal choice and not anyone else’s fault if they choose not to

- Absentee ballots: YES. Mail-in ballots auto-sent to everyone: NO. If one doesn’t go the polls and also isn’t willing to put a few min of time into the absentee process because they know they won’t physically make it to the polls, then fuck ‘em, they have made the choice to not vote

To address the incredibly politically slanted drivel you linked to:

- Some states don’t have Election Day registration: Um, you had fucking YEARS to get it done in most cases (e.g. an election cycle), and for those turning 18 the day of, well I’d support an exemption for them or just you miss out on that one vote in your entire life (life’s not completely fair snowflake). So this is a bullshit argument trying to distract from the fact people don’t care/are lazy and didn’t get something done in time.

- “17 states have taken steps to increase the frequency of voter roll purges”: Sounds like 33 states are behind the ball on that one and need to catch up to these 17. Rolls are massive problems - I can legally vote in 3 states right now according to rolls, going on 10 years of trying to convince one SOS office I haven’t been a resident for that long. This is a massive problem enabling voter fraud. So not voter suppression, but rather 17 states are actually doing what every state should be doing, striving for the most updated/accurate voter rolls. To argue for inaccurate rolls (like this website) is full retard

- Here’s a gem…”now prohibit mailing absentee ballot applications to voters who haven’t requested one.” This website calls that suppression, reality is it’s 100% your problem if you can’t take 2 min to request an absentee ballot; you don’t deserve to vote in this case. This is just highlighting how lazy/DGAF people are, not suppression.  Again, absolutely full retard on display by the authors of this website.

There’s more absolutely ridiculous, illogical bullshit on that site, but these were a few examples. Actually critically think about this subject. I listed a couple things that I think most people would be on board with doing. Listening to the insanely illogical and retarded gaslighting on that website (or from any source that spouts this drivel) only serves to erode our country by further destroying a fundamental part of our system. 

Edited by brabus

6 hours ago, Jam said:

I think both sides can compromise here if state IDs were just made free. I’d be all for voter ID in that case. If you’re going to require something for a basic right, shouldn’t have to pay for it. I know it’s a very small cost to all of us here, but none of my business to tell poor people what they can or can’t afford.

You’re in luck!  

https://www.sos.ga.gov/page/georgia-voter-identification-requirements

“Free!!”

Edited by O Face
screenshot

6 hours ago, FourFans said:

Sadly, you both arrive: intellectually dissonant and unable to answer a straight question.

Were this a formation debrief: You're both weak souls who don't even deserve the honor of a backhand.  Weak Dick.

Oh, did that offend you? You both claim to be USAF aircrew members from the combat arms, yet you get touchy about political issues?  Really?  Get sack and man up you bitches.

I've read much of what both of you have spoken here, while neither of your have even once asked about my values.  Both of you value family.  Sincerely and in ways that I admire.  Both of you purport to stand stanchly by what you believe, which I also admire. 

I gather that neither of you would leave your children alone with any Biden, Trump, or Clinton male family member, yet you shrug when one of those same 'men' refuse to acknowledge their own offspring.  Neither of you would do that.  I have faith that both of your have stronger convictions then these individuals that lead our country, yet you defend your support of them.  Why?

Please, be intellectually honest.  Why are you defending those asshats by denying a clear response here?

You @nsplayr claim that you have good in-person relationships with people you disagree with when you are physically with them, yet when you are have no skin in the game, you cannot overcome differences.  That's not some relational virtue, that's being a coward about your real beliefs when physically present.  If you cannot see the cognitive dissonance there, you are either emotionally or cognitively impaired.  

All men are reduced to their lowest form of maturity when allowed to be anonymous.   It used to be while driving.  Now it's on the internet.   You both were asked a very simple, direct question.  No one will come after you physically for your answer, yet you dodge like you might be mugged for what you say.  You claim you'll be bludgeoned.   Seriously?  Are you so emotionally weak that you can't express your true believes in a venue where NOTHING WILL HAPPEN YOU YOU?

Your maturity is thus exposed.  I'm guessing at least one of you (if not both of you) is a captain at a major airline, and I find it sincerely sad that someone with such broad exposure and high responsibility would be so emotionally and mentally frail.  

Be men.   Do Better.

TLDR. Get a life. 

• Downvote 1

On 7/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, brabus said:

@Jam

By and large, voter turnout is low because people don’t give a /don’t prioritize it. That’s it, it’s not cosmic or some political boogeyman. Ocasm’s razor and all that. 

- ID should be 100% required, every time. Subsidized state ID for those making $X or less, totally support it. I agree nobody should be barred from voting because they can’t afford an ID. But, that’s a red herring and barely a blip on the radar these days due to several factors

- I also think we should establish voting days as either holidays or at least make a law that every employer must provide X hours of PTO to allow employees to go vote during the work day if they’re unable to before/after work (which really only applies to those working a 12+ hour shift). For those not working every min the polls are open, they can vote, but it’s a personal choice and not anyone else’s fault if they choose not to

- Absentee ballots: YES. Mail-in ballots auto-sent to everyone: NO. If one doesn’t go the polls and also isn’t willing to put a few min of time into the absentee process because they know they won’t physically make it to the polls, then ‘em, they have made the choice to not vote

To address the incredibly politically slanted drivel you linked to:

- Some states don’t have Election Day registration: Um, you had ing YEARS to get it done in most cases (e.g. an election cycle), and for those turning 18 the day of, well I’d support an exemption for them or just you miss out on that one vote in your entire life (life’s not completely fair snowflake). So this is a bullshit argument trying to distract from the fact people don’t care/are lazy and didn’t get something done in time.

- “17 states have taken steps to increase the frequency of voter roll purges”: Sounds like 33 states are behind the ball on that one and need to catch up to these 17. Rolls are massive problems - I can legally vote in 3 states right now according to rolls, going on 10 years of trying to convince one SOS office I haven’t been a resident for that long. This is a massive problem enabling voter fraud. So not voter suppression, but rather 17 states are actually doing what every state should be doing, striving for the most updated/accurate voter rolls. To argue for inaccurate rolls (like this website) is full retard

- Here’s a gem…”now prohibit mailing absentee ballot applications to voters who haven’t requested one.” This website calls that suppression, reality is it’s 100% your problem if you can’t take 2 min to request an absentee ballot; you don’t deserve to vote in this case. This is just highlighting how lazy/DGAF people are, not suppression.  Again, absolutely full retard on display by the authors of this website.

There’s more absolutely ridiculous, illogical bullshit on that site, but these were a few examples. Actually critically think about this subject. I listed a couple things that I think most people would be on board with doing. Listening to the insanely illogical and retarded gaslighting on that website (or from any source that spouts this drivel) only serves to erode our country by further destroying a fundamental part of our system. 

Honestly it sounds like we agree on what I think are the 2 biggest issues. Voter ID laws won’t be controversial at all if low income people can qualify for gov subsidized IDs. And I also agree about Election Day at the very least having mandatory X amount of hours to go vote.

as far as mail in voting, until said Election Day rules are established than I think it’s something that should be available to those that can’t take off work.

For the same day voting registration, just saying that people shouldn’t be lazy isn’t really an argument against it. Assuming proper accountability is done of who is registered where and there has been an ID check, then who cares if it’s same day registration?

My whole opinion on it is that our main goal should be to have as many people vote as possible (of eligible voters)

• Like 1