The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

5 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

So, Trump got indicted.  Get ready for the biggest shit show our country has ever seen.  

I mean…disagree. One former president and his legal troubles shall pass, and we’ll all move on.

Actual shit-shows and national tragedies depicted for reference.

image.thumb.jpeg.26874ac899a4128cc8021dad52a919a1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d56e8ca218c92f55c449fd31acb07a2.jpeg

image.thumb.png.ef7b87f344ec8f5cd6d644111c56d370.png

image.thumb.jpeg.006c8555a603a3a83c558fa8759746fa.jpeg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

"clean" energy lol

if the left really was worried about "climate change" (notice global warming labeling has been removed), they would embrace nuclear power.

biden has been a totally inept president.

Nuclear power is great and we should build way, way more! Never should have stopped building. Put a small modular reactor on every mil base and near every major city. Also if/when we figure out fusion it’s game over for everything else and we can usher in a future of incredible energy abundance. 

In the meantime, and because the HOA prohibits nuclear reactors on neighborhood lots, have solar on my roof and it’s awesome!

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

The IRA had little to do with inflation and was named by San. Joe Manchin. In exchange for his vote, I would have let him name or whatever he wanted! It is a clean energy and healthcare costs law, and a good one

Using any means necessary (lie, steal, cheat) as long as your team wins.  Because it's (D)ifferent.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

@nsplayryou know I’m not comparing this to Pearl Harbor or 9/11.  The media frenzy, Trump behind the mic, the trial…   You know what I’m talking about.  

He should hire some serious minded, professional lawyers, take their advice, STFU, and try not to steal the limelight from Republican candidates who are actually serious about wanting to govern this country. I’d honestly much rather listen to their ideas than DJT ironically whining about how unfair life’s been to him. Alas, he is who he is and he’ll be making sure he’s stealing the spotlight for the next year and a half. 😐 Yes, the media will play a large role, but part of that is Trump’s own fault through his constant quest for notoriety. At this point, I could honestly not care less whether he is prosecuted….he just needs to go away. There’s got to be some sort of reality show he could host where he could grab all the pussy he ever wanted and not have to worry about the monotony of things like daily intelligence briefings & what’s actually in the constitution. ‘The Bachelor; Ex-Presidents Edition’  maybe? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, nsplayr said:

For specifics on why I support the Biden admin in general:

1. Passed the Inflation Reduction Act
    • Massive investments into clean energy, including tax credits and point-of-sale rebates on things like EVs, solar & battery systems, induction stoves, heat pumps, etc.
    • Strongly incentivizes clean energy manufacturing and mining to take place in the US or allied nations
    • Allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices, capping out-of-pocket prescription prices for seniors on Medicare, driving down insulin prices for everyone, strengthening ACA subsidies which make those plans more affordable, etc.
  2. Passed the CHIPS & Science Act - bipartisan accomplishment
    • Onshores critical semiconductor manufacturing & greatly boosts R&D and workforce training, strengthening national security and long-term lessening the impact of a China-Taiwan conflict
  3. Passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act - bipartisan accomplishment
    • Big investments into mental health services and some modest gun safety measures like red flag laws and enhancing background checks to keep guns out of the hands of folks who probably shouldn't have them
  4. Supporting Ukraine in their effort to repel the Russian invasion - bipartisan accomplishment
    • Hobbling the conventional military forces of one of our biggest geopolitical foes for pennies on the dollar. Zero american military lives lost (RIP to that one MQ-9 haha)
    • Uniting Europe against Putin and his aggressive, expansionist ambitions, adding new valuable allies to NATO, punishing Russia economically for Putin's bad behavior, and replacing Russia as Europe's biggest source of energy

You missed a few:

1.  Afghanistan and 13 dead Americans, seriously the cowardice of every liberal that glosses over this event and who bares the blame.  Yesterday SECDEF said he has "No Regrets" about the chaotic Afghanistan and Biden didn't immediately fire him. F anyone of you who shares that sentiment.  Again, 13 dead Americans, their memory brushed away into the wind.

2.  Inflation has reached its highest level in 40 years.  I love your phrase "probably contributed some to the high inflation"...Ya think?  FFS.

3.  An increase in the cost of everyday goods and services disproportionately hurts lower-income families. Real average hourly earnings have decreased by 1.7 percent because of inflation.

4. Border chaos - 2.76 million illegal immigrants crossed the border in 2022 including 600,000 getaways.  In Feb of 2023 16 people on the Terror Watch List were detained trying to cross meaning 3-4 made it across each month...great policy you got there.

5. Chinese Balloons - Do whatever you want China.

6.  Classified documents EVERYWHERE.

I don't worship Biden or think he's perfect. As I've said before, he's about 15-30 years older than I would like, picking Harris as VP was a mistake in hindsight because she is not a viable successor, and I don't agree with everything he's ever said or done (90s crime bill, wanting to partition Iraq, opposing the bin Laden raid, etc.).

BUT, he's an effective incumbent who has help sheppard through a lot of things I support, so he's got my vote if he is going to run again in 2024.

Anything to retain power...he can't even read a teleprompter without reading the instructions out loud.

If there's a Dem primary, I'd love to support someone like Buttigieg, Polis, Klobuchar, Warnock, Whitmer, Beshear, Kelley, Pritzker etc. in roughly that order. I'm not a conservative, but if the GOP ran someone like Larry Hogan or Phil Scott I'd be open to hearing their pitch, and I appreciate the need for a reasonable party in opposition to the one I usually support. States with long-standing one-party rule don't tend to be run as well as those with real political competition IMHO.

Buttigieg...for reals...did you not hear about the issue at the ports (maybe you were following his maternity leave posts instead of the news about the supply chain crisis.  The airline meltdown over the holiday...where was this boob?  Trains derailing and destroying towns.  The only person worse than this clown is Mayorkas.

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

He should hire some serious minded, professional lawyers, take their advice, STFU, and try not to steal the limelight from Republican candidates who are actually serious about wanting to govern this country. I’d honestly much rather listen to their ideas than DJT ironically whining about how unfair life’s been to him. Alas, he is who he is and he’ll be making sure he’s stealing the spotlight for the next year and a half. 😐 Yes, the media will play a large role, but part of that is Trump’s own fault through his constant quest for notoriety. At this point, I could honestly not care less whether he is prosecuted….he just needs to go away. There’s got to be some sort of reality show he could host where he could grab all the pussy he ever wanted and not have to worry about the monotony of things like daily intelligence briefings & what’s actually in the constitution. ‘The Bachelor; Ex-Presidents Edition’  maybe? 

Even the Dems are saying this is nonsense, dressing up a misdemeanor (with expired statue of limitations), in yet another witch hunt.  They are creating a martyr. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

They are creating a martyr. 

On 8/12/2022 at 10:28 PM, Lord Ratner said:

It seems like democrats are hell-bent on getting Trump reelected.

This is either some serious 4D chess or they are literally too stupid to breathe. Imagine the insanity of making a lunatic with a martyr complex into a martyr.

I really thought they couldn't be this stupid, but that's the sad part... The people running this country really are. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@nsplayrA sincere thank you the specifics behind your stance!  

Also, fully agree about the "biggest shit show"  ...sigh...can Trump just go away, please?

Curious question: Are you familiar with the research and books of Peter Zeihan?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

You missed a few:

🤷‍♂️ not really. The ask was for reasons why I support the Biden admin, not what my critiques were. Hell, I even provided a few of those free of charge!

Look, there are tons of conservative opinions around here to choose from in several different flavors...if folks want a thread to confirm their beliefs about how Biden sucks, they've largely come to the right place!

I'm happy to provide a liberal critique of the Biden admin if folks want to hear that, but you have to understand it's going to be milder because A) I disagree with the premise of many conservative critiques and, B) I think the pluses are far outweighing the minusus, which is why I would vote for Biden again in 2024 if he runs or for another mainstream Dem if they run on a similar policy platform.

Anything to retain power...

There's absolutely no "anything to retain power;" that was the previous guy. I would not, for instance, storm the Capitol building to try to stop the certification of the Presidential vote, and I would strongly condemn any Dem or liberal or whomever who called for anything even approaching that.

If Biden loses in 2024 or decides not to run, so be it. Let's make the best of what's next, whether it's a successor Dem admin or a new GOP one.

Buttigieg...for reals...

Yep, I like him a lot! I was ready to vote for him in the TN primary last time around and even went to his rally downtown, but he dropped out literally two days before Super Tuesday and endorsed Biden, so I voted for Biden. It was actually incredible and surprising coordinated consolidation around Biden to block Bernie, and overall that made sense to me and earned my primary vote. Klobuchar was my second choice, but she was in the same exact boat as Mayor Pete.

Edited by nsplayr

Even the Dems are saying this is nonsense, dressing up a misdemeanor (with expired statute of limitations), in yet another witch hunt.  They are creating a martyr. 

Sounds like a very good reason to listen to his lawyers who are undoubtedly telling him to avoid public comment. He just can’t help himself. He may well become a martyr but that will be just as problematic for Republicans as it will for Democrats. 

24 minutes ago, Prozac said:

He may well become a martyr but that will be just as problematic for Republicans as it will for Democrats. 

Not for the ones that love him.

Thoroughly disappointing for those of us who feel he has gone way too far in his nonsense political maneuvering since losing to undo his rather (and surprisingly) effective policy moves. 

But I'm not so sure he wins the primary. Watching the attacks against DeSantis and how awkward it made the audience, he might be running out of whatever weird mojo put him in the oval office.

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Not for the ones that love him.

Thoroughly disappointing for those of us who feel he has gone way too far in his nonsense political maneuvering since losing to undo his rather (and surprisingly) effective policy moves. 

But I'm not so sure he wins the primary. Watching the attacks against DeSantis and how awkward it made the audience, he might be running out of whatever weird mojo put him in the oval office.

He’s pretty far ahead in the polls but that could change. It’s hard not to love Nikki Haley. Her intelligence, class, and elegance…yet her ability to throw a punch. Also how cool would it be to rob the woke left of their celebration of the “first female president.” 

• Like 1

He’s pretty far ahead in the polls but that could change. It’s hard not to love Nikki Haley. Her intelligence, class, and elegance…yet her ability to throw a punch. Also how cool would it be to rob the woke left of their celebration of the “first female president.” 

She wouldn’t be a real female president; just a puppet of the patriarchy, clearly.
  • Haha 1

This is all said in jest. The IRA had little to do with inflation and was named by San. Joe Manchin. In exchange for his vote, I would have let him name or whatever he wanted! It is a clean energy and healthcare costs law, and a good one at that IMHO.

Looks like Manchin sees otherwise and probably would have named it something else in hindsight.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-inflation-reduction-act-betrayal-joe-manchin-debt-ceiling-budget-fossil-fuels-green-energy-dc37738e

In case it's behind a paywall, link goes to an opinion piece by Manchin where he says the IRA is "policy and political malpractice." As well as "the administration seems more determined than ever to pervert that law and abuse existing authorities to increase spending."

Some Ds can call a spade a spade.

1 hour ago, WTFAF said:

Looks like Manchin sees otherwise and probably would have named it something else in hindsight.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-inflation-reduction-act-betrayal-joe-manchin-debt-ceiling-budget-fossil-fuels-green-energy-dc37738e

In case it's behind a paywall, link goes to an opinion piece by Manchin where he says the IRA is "policy and political malpractice." As well as "the administration seems more determined than ever to pervert that law and abuse existing authorities to increase spending."

Some Ds can call a spade a spade.

Wait, you mean calling legislation "The Inflation Reduction Act" when it does nothing at all to reduce inflation because it increases the production of money and spending on A LOT of things (like Solar which is useful in, some, places) but decidedly insists on using more money...which has to come from somewhere...

BY DEFINITION, INFLATION: "Monetary inflation is a sustained increase in the money supply of a country"

I ask any liberal poster here: would you run your personal budget the way the liberal agenda supporters want to run our countries?

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nsplayr said:

🤷‍♂️ not really.

B) I think the pluses are far outweighing the minusus, which is why I would vote for Biden again in 2024

13 dead Americans at the Abbey Gate...  At least you are in line with SECDEF who has 'No Regrets"

• Upvote 2

Wait, you mean calling legislation "The Inflation Reduction Act" when it does nothing at all to reduce inflation because it increases the production of money and spending on A LOT of things...

Unfortunately, it's a very effective strategy when you have an uniformed and ignorant electorate. And a society becoming ever more polarized after digesting headlines, soundbites, and echo chambers of "unbiased" news and information.

The IRA is a huge steaming pile of garbage that even the most ardent Ds should struggle to defend.

48 minutes ago, WTFAF said:

Unfortunately, it's a very effective strategy when you have an uniformed and ignorant electorate. And a society becoming ever more polarized after digesting headlines, soundbites, and echo chambers of "unbiased" news and information.

The IRA is a huge steaming pile of garbage that even the most ardent Ds should struggle to defend.

Except for the part that incentives nuclear power. That's the one silver lining

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-considers-asking-black-americans-on-census-if-they-are-slave-descendants-f9b5eb09?mod=hp_lead_pos5

I'm not sure there is a "mainstream" Democratic party right now. I think there are (D) voters who believe their party is mainstream, but this is coming from the Biden admin. If Biden isn't a "moderate" Democrat, who is?

Reparations for the distant relatives of slaves are about as far-left as you can get.

Edited by Lord Ratner