The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

16 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

I’m also largely Scottish with some Irish thrown in and Catholic…so I’m surprised you are unsure who you can blame for your family’s plight. The British! You can and absolutely should still blame them. Screw King Charles the Turd and his whole wanker family. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

This is also a classic American view that the Founding Fathers would 100% endorse 🇺🇸

I 100% endorse this. We do not attribute enough responsibility of our country's history with slavery/racism to the British. That was not a system we instituted. It was a system they did, particularly one ultra powerful family did, to benefit their wealth and empire. They really should assume and take responsibility for the majority of the blame. 

• Upvote 1

Im not blaming anyone for any misfortune my family has encountered in the past.   Blaming them doesn't help make my life any better.   Actions that I personally take have more impact on my well being than what the English did over 150 years ago.   We as Americans need to act like we're all on the same team.   Nobody cares what we look like in most of the world.  We're all called Americans.  That's what we are now whether people want to be or not.  Real Africans talk much shit about African Americans as the Irish talk about Irish Americans.   The rest of the world calls us Americans.  Not Mexican Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Ameicans or African Americans, simply Americans.   

We either get on board or it fails.  

18 hours ago, nsplayr said:

That's the full quote, referencing Matthew 6:24, and I would tend to agree. Unfortunate that he would choose to pick out "the military" rather than just "your job/career" but he's the preacher and I'm not, let him cook.

"Unfortunate"...When a U.S. senator hols that view of the military...sorry I won't just let him cook.

18 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Oh no, the black preacher from Ebenezer Baptist is getting political and I don't like it...when has that happened before? 🧐 White people may not feel comfortable with some of the messages on race and politics being preached in Black churches (and vice versa FWIW), also breaking news, the water is wet.

Sorry bro but racism is NEVER ok. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sim said:

It was cringe for sure. But all 45,000 was sold in 12 hours. That's $4,445,000...

45,000 dumbasses.

Anyone who buys a fckng computer image is a borderline retard.

He reminds me of a snake oil salesman in that video.

The last two presidents have been ridiculous.   Freaking clown show.  Trump did some good things but he's a douche. I'm still trying to figure out what Biden is doing (so is Biden)?  He should be in a nursing home.

Let's get someone better to lead our country.  I wouldn't let Trump or Biden run the snackbar.   We need real leaders.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Trump's only hope was going to be rational behavior until the election.  But, he has doubled-down on the clown (sorry).

Defensive downward spiral?

We should (for fun) be thinking up silly/jackass things he can do over the next couple of years to further distance people.  I'll start:

A new superhero movie franchise, starring D. Trump.  What will his superpowers be like?  How many does he save, how many must die?

Anyway, you get the idea - I've finally had it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrndPndr said:

Trump's only hope was going to be rational behavior until the election.  But, he has doubled-down on the clown (sorry).

Defensive downward spiral?

We should (for fun) be thinking up silly/jackass things he can do over the next couple of years to further distance people.  I'll start:

A new superhero movie franchise, starring D. Trump.  What will his superpowers be like?  How many does he save, how many must die?

Anyway, you get the idea - I've finally had it.

He's cashing in.  He'll milk his followers until they are broke. 

I don't understand the RNC.  I'm trying really hard to not go down the deep state hole because there are a shitload of crazies in that space.  But a small child could figure out that Trump is not good for the Republican party.  Something is wrong.  We have the guy - DeSantis.  It couldn't be more obvious.  But now we're going to have to wring our hands until the primaries to see what Trump is going to do.  The RNC is currently a bunch of incompetent idiots, or the whole construct has been rigged.  Something is wrong.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

This has got to be the most pathetic thing I think I've ever seen:

WTF is happening? Am I dreaming? Is this real? Tell me this is a deep fake, or cgi, or something. Holyfuckingshitballs, this guy used to be president? Guys, if you supported this yahoo at any point, tell me you see it now. Please tell me you see how objectively bad it was to elect the online steak salesman who has to have his name in gold on everything he touches. That doesn’t mean you have to like Hillary or Joe or anyone else who doesn’t support your views. But, c’mon. Time to admit that DJT was not, is not, and never will be representative of what we stand for as a country. Please, please, please, derail the Trump train forever and swear off candidates like him (looking at you MTG & Lauren Boebert). 

12 minutes ago, Prozac said:

WTF is happening? Am I dreaming? Is this real? Tell me this is a deep fake, or cgi, or something. Holyfuckingshitballs, this guy used to be president? Guys, if you supported this yahoo at any point, tell me you see it now. Please tell me you see how objectively bad it was to elect the online steak salesman who has to have his name in gold on everything he touches. That doesn’t mean you have to like Hillary or Joe or anyone else who doesn’t support your views. But, c’mon. Time to admit that DJT was not, is not, and never will be representative of what we stand for as a country. Please, please, please, derail the Trump train forever and swear off candidates like him (looking at you MTG & Lauren Boebert). 

I mean.... I want to say he's stupid.... but.....

https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2022/12/16/trump-nft-collection-sells-out-price-surges/

28 minutes ago, FLEA said:

The Donald is a lot of things. Stupid probably isn’t one of them. The fact his NFT garbage pail kids sold out probably says more about his die hard supporters & the direction they’re trying to pull the country in than anything else. 

18 minutes ago, Prozac said:

The Donald is a lot of things. Stupid probably isn’t one of them.

Comments like these blow my mind. 

"Stupid probably isn't one of them." 

?????

Have you ever heard him speak?

'Stupid' is his most obvious and immediately identifiable trait. (.... granted, it's neck-and-neck with 'narcisist,' 'ego maniac,' and 'petulant child.')

The people who don't think he's stupid are either a) genuinely too stupid themselves to recognize stupidity in others, or b) eager to pretend he's something he's not.

The latter are the same crowd that buy flags, t-shirts, and these digital cards depicting him as some sort of fantasy ripped Adonis superhero, when in reality he's an obese, disheveled 76-year old with man tits and a combover.

18 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

<snip>

Have you ever heard him speak?

<snip>

I have heard him speak (in person), and he is a good speaker.  If you want to see how sharp his skills are on that, just Youtube his speech before congress, and the number of people he was able to call out by name and compliment them.  Our present POTUS is so far below Trump's skill level, no comparison can be made.

Of course, he has actually said some jackass things, and I'm sure that's what you're referring to.  None the less, he is not stupid.

58 minutes ago, GrndPndr said:

I have heard him speak (in person), and he is a good speaker.  If you want to see how sharp his skills are on that, just Youtube his speech before congress, and the number of people he was able to call out by name and compliment them.  Our present POTUS is so far below Trump's skill level, no comparison can be made.

Of course, he has actually said some jackass things, and I'm sure that's what you're referring to.  None the less, he is not stupid.

When I asked, rhetorically, if he had heard him speak, I wasn't implying that there was a problem with Trump's public speaking abilities.  I'm referring to what he says, and how what he says is consistently devoid of intelligent thought, wisdom, or critical thinking.

His speeches before Congress were all scripted and he read off a teleprompter (like every president).  Again, I don't care about his speaking (or sharpness in recalling names.  ...Unlike our current POTUS, I agree, Trump doesn't appear to suffer from dementia.) 

I'm talking about what's in (or not in) his mind, which one can reasonably assess by listening to what someone says.  Especially when you listen to them regularly over the course of years.

There's a huge difference between teleprompter Trump and real Trump.  The things he said at his MAGA rallies, the answers he gave to interviewers, and the things he said at debates.....that's the real Trump.  Having watched a fair amount of each of those over the years, I find it astounding that anyone could conclude that he's smart, when nothing he ever says demonstrates that, or even suggests it. 

But it is what it is.  As I said above, I firmly believe it's either a) or b).

*And I agree that the current POTUS is a total disaster.  That said, he's not the one selling playing cards of himself with cartoon 6-pack abs and a cape, or dressed as an astronaut. Lol.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat

42 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

When I asked, rhetorically, if he had heard him speak, I wasn't implying that there was a problem with Trump's public speaking abilities.  I'm referring to what he says, and how what he says is consistently devoid of intelligent thought, wisdom, or critical thinking.

His speeches before Congress were all scripted and he read off a teleprompter (like every president).  Again, I don't care about his speaking (or sharpness in recalling names.  ...Unlike our current POTUS, I agree, Trump doesn't appear to suffer from dementia.) 

I'm talking about what's in (or not in) his mind, which one can reasonably assess by listening to what someone says.  Especially when you listen to them regularly over the course of years.

There's a huge difference between teleprompter Trump and real Trump.  The things he said at his MAGA rallies, the answers he gave to interviewers, and the things he said at debates.....that's the real Trump.  Having watched a fair amount of each of those over the years, I find it astounding that anyone could conclude that he's smart, when nothing he ever says demonstrates that, or even suggests it. 

But it is what it is.  As I said above, I firmly believe it's either a) or b).

*And I agree that the current POTUS is a total disaster.  That said, he's not the one selling playing cards of himself with cartoon 6-pack abs and a cape, or dressed as an astronaut. Lol.

You think its stupid because you cant see the rational in it. (admittedly I cant either) You're projecting yourself and thinking "if I said that stuff it would be career suicide/awful/ruin my life/friends..." whatever....

The problem is, for all of this "stupid" stuff he says..... he keeps gaining track records of success, which implies he sees something we don't to all of this stupid crap he is saying. 

So if we are purely evaluating his competence, we have to 1.) identify what his goals are and 2.) track his record of success. So far I'm not sure anyone really knows what #1 is. So to say he is actually stupid is only ever a guess at this point. Because the man successfully won a presidency, has even now, a massive following, and continues to make millions of dollars with weird gimmicky business models. If we are so smart why are we not doing the same? 

I wonder if this is a similar scheme to Hunter Bidens paintings. Just giving money to someone for no apparent reason looks nefarious but buying something from that person, no matter how ridiculous, is completely legal. The card thing might be a way around campaign finance laws. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FLEA said:

...Because the man successfully won a presidency, has even now, a massive following, and continues to make millions of dollars with weird gimmicky business models. If we are so smart why are we not doing the same? 

Hmm, that's a real brain-buster.  I'll take a stab.  Because 'we' (normally adjusted humans) don't desire a 'following'?  Because we'd rather forgo personal gain if it can only come from the exploitation of 'particularly susceptible' people?  Because, for the collective good, we voluntarily agree to operate within the bounds of the social contract we call 'law'?  Because we don't accidentally pre-jac a bit when we catch a glimpse of ourselves in the mirror?  Just spitballin'.

If you were trying to define 'stupid', asking this question gets you one step closer to the answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1