Hagel: Troops' workplaces will be checked for 'degrading' images of women

Co Th G

I predict that this purging of walls and cubicles won't be enough. Mere possession of images (such as on personal phones/tablets) will be made illegal on pain of Art 15. After all, it's already illegal in the AOR and I'm sure "leadership" will make the logic leap soon.

Edited by Chida

I'm offended that someone finds the things I like (women in bikinis, Hooter calendars,etc) offensive. These are my personal things in my personal work/living space and I hate being chastized for it....in fact, it makes me feel that I'm being discriminated against and creates a hostile work environment for me. What are you going to do about it Mr SECAF, Mr SECDEF, Mr POTUS?

I means seriously, are people really so f*cking offended at bikinis? WTF do they do when they go to the beach? Or the base swimming pool? Are they going to ban bikinis there too? I mean, I might see Amn Yummy Britches from finance there with her perfect 36C boobies in that bikini, and it would just create an uncomfortable work environment when I'm sitting waiting at finance when she calls my name, and now I have wood in my flightsuit because I'm thinking about how she looked at the pool last weekend....

It might be time for me to go...

Rant - (OH EFF EFF)

• Upvote 1

What in the world is an "inappropriate kitchen utensil"?

They must have found a "dildork", which is kind of like a spork but not exactly ...

Also, witch hunts suck. This McCarthyism aimed at the red blooded American male isn't going away. I'm so glad I'm getting out, only 3 years to go.

Just in case you're wondering what the civilian world thinks of the AF/DOD approach to curbing sexual assault, enjoy a little Armstrong and Getty (awesome morning talk show on the left coast)...

http://armstrongandg...rticle=11273385

So there are outsiders who think that this dude allegedly groping some lady at a bar outside of work has nothing to with fitness magazines or whatever Hagel wants removed. Nice. Has he thought about congress?

They already did this weeks ago at the direction of the CSAF, looking for anything that might be offensive at all (not just items that were sexual in nature). Somewhere out there is a comprehensive list, by MAJCOM of images or items that were removed. Some of the more humorous ones that I remember were "rubber testicles hanging from tow receiver of personal vehicle", "squadron beer mugs with anatomically correct handles in the likeness of nude women", and "plastic dog feces on a desk".

They forced our squadron to remove all public references to an objectionable call sign.

edit: Found the list http://www.foia.af.m...-130118-015.pdf

This one is another classic "Star Wars Action Figure -- Princess Leia". Had to have been an intel weenie.......

Video of Achmed the Dead Terrorist was offensive? WTF? I retired just over a year ago so I am clear of the frag pattern but you guys are in a serious world of hurt.

Just in case you're wondering what the civilian world thinks of the AF/DOD approach to curbing sexual assault, enjoy a little Armstrong and Getty (awesome morning talk show on the left coast)...

http://armstrongandg...rticle=11273385

Joe searches for a Lewinsky metaphor is good too!

are we just making up acronyms now?

Embarrassed to be corrected by a HH-60 guy :) thanks! I'm just an old Army aviator......

I predict that this purging of walls and cubicles won't be enough. Mere possession of images (such as on personal phones/tablets) will be made illegal on pain of Art 15. After all, it's already illegal in the AOR and I'm sure "leadership" will make the logic leap soon.

Good luck to the idiot that tries to get me to remove these decals from my Jeep...

decal_3x10_bomber_girl.jpg

I don't think the paranoia about personal belongings/opinions being controlled in unjustified.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/politics/facebook-lawmaker-threat/index.html

Now admittedly, if a threat was made that's a different aspect, but the story I read yesterday didn't mention any such, merely a private individual's facebook page with "offensive to Marine women" posts.

One wonders what "they" will think of Baseops.

"False complaints of sexual abuse in the military are rising at a faster rate than overall reports of sexual assault, a trend that could harm combat readiness, analysts say."

17% is a fairly significant number...that's 440+ people who are now being thrust into this "guilty until proven innocent" climate being fostered by the media and politicians.