WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

"Dudes who drive slowly by a human they can help or recover but pull a cell phone out and record her dieing saying "we cant help her" are scum". - Biff. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

There's crazy and then there is batshit crazy.  And about those online dating apps.......

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-woman-who-stabbed-online-date-sin-city-revenge-plot-blames-hollywood-actress

Normally, I'd understand if someone told me they did something stupid because of Salma Hayek.  

I'd do some crazy shit for her as well..

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/30/2023 at 10:27 PM, Biff_T said:

Normally, I'd understand if someone told me they did something stupid because of Salma Hayek.  

I'd do some crazy shit for her as well..

On 8/31/2023 at 9:19 PM, brabus said:

The sad part is that’s 100% accurate and not hyperbole in the slightest.

image.jpeg.5743c802937cc8965dbe8116ff0af830.jpeg

8 hours ago, FourFans said:

image.jpeg.5743c802937cc8965dbe8116ff0af830.jpeg

Salma Hayek is Salma Hayek lol.   

Break Break.   "Packers" as in Green Bay?  Lol

That makes sense now.

Wtf

https://www.foxnews.com/media/uk-court-rules-teen-rare-disorder-incapable-making-decisions-care-begging-live

19 yr old girl in UK is unable to pursue medical treatment she desires because UK court and her doctors think her death is inevitable/imminent. 

How the is this tolerated over there? And the gag order the hospital imposed on the family.. am I missing something obvious?

You’re not missing anything. When will all the jackasses in this country actually learn how incredible valuable our liberty and freedoms are, and how they do not exist anywhere else on earth. Why do we fight leftist bullshit? Because we don’t want to live in a country who tells someone they’re not allowed to make health decisions for themselves (spoiler, our society/gov has already demonstrated the desire to do exactly that).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

When do insurance companies say you don’t have a right to try something? This situation is not the same as saying “we won’t pay for X.” This is straight up the government telling someone they don’t get a say in the matter of their own life. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

well 6 of yours, half a dozen of mine. I find for-profit incorporations (HMO/PPO/Medicare part C) exercising that same supposed level of life censorship, a rank distinction without difference. That, "leftist bullshit" does not make. 

Then don’t voluntarily use those organizations/businesses.

37 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Can I get an amen...

Screen Shot 2023-09-03 at 11.31.05 AM.png

Amen!!!

"Lead,  I'll take the FAT ONE".   

FAT ONE: Salma's right tit.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

15 hours ago, brabus said:

When do insurance companies say you don’t have a right to try something? This situation is not the same as saying “we won’t pay for X.” This is straight up the government telling someone they don’t get a say in the matter of their own life. 

They did exactly this to my Mom before she died. We got the denial letter after she was in the ground. It's been a year, I'm still pissed.

4 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Then don’t voluntarily use those organizations/businesses.

Employer of picks for almost all Americans.

Edited by 17D_guy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

They did exactly this to my Mom before she died.

Sorry about your mom, but they did not prevent her from doing something. They didn’t approve financially covering that something. Completely invalid comparison to the UK situation.

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

Employer of picks for almost all Americans.

This is why healthcare/insurance needs to be removed from employment.  It was originally used as a way of bargaining with union employees as a way to avoid taxes, etc.  Just pay people their wage/salary and then allow them as people to find their own healthcare and insurance.

Also, we need to treat healthcare and health insurance as two totally different things.  Treat routing health care (the flu, basic bone breaks, strep, basic prescriptions, etc) like basic car needs (ie oil change, new battery, etc)—you pay out of pocket.   And treat health insurance for treatment that will not be used often, if ever (major surgeries, cancer treatments, costly disease prescriptions) like car insurance for when you have a bad accident/total your car…you have a high deductible that you can save for in case it’s needed but won’t go bankrupt as well. 

I’m sure I could have worded it better, but I think you get the idea.  Expecting great healthcare for a much less direct cost to you means that someone else is going to be picking up the tab.

• Upvote 4

On 9/2/2023 at 2:32 PM, herkbier said:

Wtf

https://www.foxnews.com/media/uk-court-rules-teen-rare-disorder-incapable-making-decisions-care-begging-live

19 yr old girl in UK is unable to pursue medical treatment she desires because UK court and her doctors think her death is inevitable/imminent. 

How the is this tolerated over there? And the gag order the hospital imposed on the family.. am I missing something obvious?

You are looking at the natural result of government-run healthcare. Decisions must be made to control costs. But it's the government, so the decisions will be idiotic.

Instead of doing the obvious thing, and the only one that will actually control costs (limit care to the elderly as they age into an actual inevitable death), they will use stupid cases like this because there's no massive voting block of sick 19 year olds to be afraid of.

The boomers created this fucked up system, and now for their final act they will bankrupt it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What happened to the Salma tit talk?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HeloDude said:

If you’re referring to Medicare, those who created it are pretty much long gone.

No, that was never the problem. 

The problem is creating a spending pattern of deficits that the government can only sustain in an environment of zero interest rates (ZIRP). 

If you want a real laugh, look at what the government expense for interest has done over the last 2 years, and look at the projections if interest rates aren't very quickly reset to zero.

Anyone who thinks the federal reserve is going to keep interest rates high in perpetuity has another thing coming. We have now spent ourself to a point where the government can literally not afford any meaningful interest rate on the short end. This will end poorly.

5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Anyone who thinks the federal reserve is going to keep interest rates high in perpetuity has another thing coming. 

I have no idea how this works... but my friends that seem savvy like you say just the opposite about newest rates. 
FWIW, I hope you are right and they are wrong.