Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

Plenty of reflective belts, but no DADT outfits or show tunes. How could that ever be entertaining? I need my "jazz hands" for god's sake!?!

(Understand that they're a Missouri ANG band based at Whiteman and that the lead singer now calls Nashville home.)

Edited by MKopack

I'm surprised that RV isn't painted blue... or even sage green

That way they can claim they 'saved' money by sparing the custom paint job...

Effers still get a 400K luxury RV though... God bless the veh mechanic that leaves a chocolate hotdog in it's shitter.

That way they can claim they 'saved' money by sparing the custom paint job...

Effers still get a 400K luxury RV though... God bless the veh mechanic that leaves a chocolate hotdog in it's shitter.

Plus the C-17 that is tasked to fly it overseas.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 06 when I was enlisted TIB rolled into Lackland on like a Tuesday night and needless to say, not a single fack was given. Nobody showed up for their American-idolesque glitter fest, so our Sq Commander who was a Buff driver (Lt. Col, forgot his name) made the entire squadron go. I can understand he was probably upset about being taken out off the flight deck and made to babysit a bunch of first term whiney E-1s and E-2s, but still. He didn't need to punish us :(( That night haunts me to this day.

Curse you TIB, curse you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

AFSOC in BLUES!

http://www2.hurlburt...sp?id=123192874

Tops In Blue claims Hurlburt loadmaster for 2010 tour

by Staff Sgt. Stacy Fowler

1st Special Operations Wing Public Affairs

3/2/2010 - HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. -- The Air Force's premiere entertainment ensemble, Tops In Blue, selected the performers for its 2010 tour - and an MC-130 loadmaster from Hurlburt Field, Fla., made the final cut.

Staff Sgt. Steven Sonnier, 1st Special Operations Group, leaves next week to begin several months of training before taking his performance to stages around the world.

"Being selected as a member of Tops In Blue is the realization of a dream," he said, "I know what the men and women go through on deployments, and I know firsthand the joy of seeing your brothers- and sisters-in-arms singing music that touches you or reminds you of home."

Sergeant Sonnier and the other 73 Airmen will assemble at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, to begin rigorous staging procedures and rehearsals on Mar. 7. And for the performers it's more than finding out what songs and dance moves they have to learn, said Sergeant Sonnier.

"We're not like a USO show. We do everything ourselves - our entire stage, our lights, everything," he said. "On a daily basis I am working hand-in-hand, 16 to 18 hours a day, with professional musicians, choreographers and technicians who are as passionate about music and the program as I am."

After completing training at Lackland AFB, the 2010 entertainment company will begin a 10-month tour in May, visiting more than 20 countries and performing more than 120 shows with this year's theme: "We Believe."

"Tops In Blue members are the physical manifestation of the core values and ideals that make the U.S. Air Force the best Air Force in the world," Sergeant Sonnier said. "This program...provides comfort to the people who need it most: the men and women serving their country, and the friends and family of those heroes

What made you think SOF doesn't have it's fags too?

Revive Commando Look. Now.

:vomit: Seriously? Way to go ass hat, enjoy TIB while your bros continue endless deployments hacking the mish. Maybe he's a good dude, but if he thinks anyone in AFSOC, or the AF as a whole, actually enjoys TIB downrange he's been going through life with his eyes closed.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe instead of a WTF thread, we should just make a WTF board...for the "What is wrong with the USAF", the "Gays in the Military", the "TIB" and other comparable threads to fester and fail in one gigantic NSFW Charlie Foxtrot.

Edited for BBcode fail.

Edited by GovernmentMan

:vomit: Seriously? Way to go ass hat, enjoy TIB while your bros continue endless deployments hacking the mish. Maybe he's a good dude, but if he thinks anyone in AFSOC, or the AF as a whole, actually enjoys TIB downrange he's been going through life with his eyes closed.

Maybe he's just following his dream, like this guy...

HolyGrail115.jpg

• Upvote 1