The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

3 hours ago, torqued said:

Because blocking the sale of US exports, manufactured by US moms and dads, feeds kids.

UAE would probably be disappointed with their "F-35s", anyway.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.39.04 AM.png

From that post, I’m not sure she understands the concept of the exchange of goods for currency, or where the UAE lies in the scheme of geopolitics and human rights problems. Really nonsensical, but it is sensational. I was incredibly surprised she didn’t come close to being challenged in this election. 

Edited by SurelySerious

On 11/24/2020 at 9:13 AM, SurelySerious said:

From that post, I’m not sure she understands the concept of the exchange of goods for currency, or where the UAE lies in the scheme of geopolitics and human rights problems. Really nonsensical, but it is sensational. I was incredibly surprised she didn’t come close to being challenged in this election. 

Her district is deep blue and has a handful of Somali refugees from the 90s.  The squad and her aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ROAD_Crewdog said:

Happy Friday!!! #staywoke#zim/zher

Screenshot_20200909-040504~2.png

I met somebody who looked like that at a party once. Turns out that person was an accomplished economist who redesigned the banking system of Monaco to accommodate crypto-currency. 8/10 would hang out with again, but I’m not interesting enough to get the invite. Millionaire many times over. Their partner also looked like that... and was a total mess.

Is there more context here? Is BO.net a place we go now to make fun of people for how they look and the t-shirts they wear? That’s some high-school lunch room bullsh1t.

I think most here would be happy to engage in a discussion of “black trans lives matter” (and most would likely agree with what I’m assuming you think about it). I’d also be disappointed if this has become an acceptable place to just be plain mean to somebody in a random photo. 

Edited by jice
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, jice said:

I met somebody who looked like that at a party once. Turns out that person was an accomplished economist who redesigned the banking system of Monaco to accommodate crypto-currency. 8/10 would hang out with again, but I’m not interesting enough to get the invite. Millionaire many times over. Their partner also looked like that... and was a total mess.

Is there more context here? Is BO.net a place we go now to make fun of people for how they look and the t-shirts they wear? That’s some high-school lunch room bullsh1t.

I think most here would be happy to engage in a discussion of “black trans lives matter” (and most would likely agree with what I’m assuming you think about it). I’d also be disappointed if this has become an acceptable place to just be plain mean to somebody in a random photo. 

I suggest going back through this thread from the beginning.  We've been laughing at people based off how they look and act for years.  

That's the most maddening part of the progressive push.  It's been okay from the start to have a private laugh at people wearing the craziest shit imaginable in a Walmart shopping aisle, but now it's taboo to chuckle at a dude who literally looks like a clown while simultaneously piggybacking on a movement with questionable motives and throwing in a nod to people who feel mutilating sexual organs should be celebrated.  That's not being mean, that's looking at a picture and honestly thinking "What the fu%k?", which also happens to be the title of this thread.

This is a private forum where a bunch of bros shoot the shit.  No one here would go try to make the pictured dude's life hell, and you know it.   So thanks for trying to chastise us like we're children for laughing at the wrong thing, but I'm going to just keep on finding humor wherever it presents itself and tell you to fu%k off instead.

Edit:  Why can't I say "fu%k"?

Edited by Grabby
  • Upvote 8

21 hours ago, jice said:

Revision: I just thought we were classier dickheads. 

Classy?  You want us sticking our pinkies out when we drink our coffee now?  Get out of here with that shit.  The "Woke is cool" thread is down the hall on the left!   With all the bullshit going on right now, we have enough material for this thread to easily hit a few hundred pages.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

To be fair, the Daily Mail’s headline is a bit clickbaity (yes I just made that word up, and yes I’m keeping it). The district has not decided to rename anything and the recommendations were just that; recommendations made by a school naming board consisting of students, teachers, and parents. The LA Times has a more balanced take on the topic:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-30/san-francisco-public-school-renaming

The mayor ofSan Fran rightly criticized the board and called the recommendations an unwanted distraction especially considering kids were out of classrooms and parents are trying to maintain sanity. 

While I agree this committee’s recommendations do little to assuage concerns about the reach of radicals, let’s see what actually happens here before we crank up the outrage machine. The fringes will always say stupid shit. How the actual leaders react is what’s important. 

• 3 weeks later...