Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

1 hour ago, afthunderchief16 said:

Hmm, apparently POTUS directed it as well? Interesting since most of the other articles are saying that it was a Katyusha rocket strike.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50979463

When I heard it was a Katyusha rocket (piss poor accuracy under the best of circumstances) my first though was the Shiite Militias got their wires crossed and somehow hit their own boss. Which would have been poetic justice of the highest order. Still it couldn't haven't have happened to a nicer SOB whatever ordnance is was. Now the Quds/Militias are probably a little paranoid about who sold them out for targeting. 

USA...USA!!!🤣

• Like 2

Why the secrecy on the details? Seems like everyone can always use a check yourself moment if you ask me. We don’t like the “loss of confidence” but then don’t feel like saying. It’s not like he actually had anything to do with it...just didn’t do anything about.

~Bendy

Edit: You can share your opinions in the open...it’s okay. No one is going to bite you.

Bottom line, he took the fall for a weather evac of T-6s gone wrong. T-6 wet crosswind limits were mistakenly waived so some T-6s could launch with winds out of limits (a dash-1 limit). 

Some close friends of mine were involved, so I’m not gonna say more about it publicly (and no I wasn’t personally involved). 

The real story is that the Wg/cc didn’t like the OG and was frankly looking for a way to get rid of him. This was the event I think they could officially pin on him to make it happen. 

Edited by WheelsOff
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WheelsOff said:

Bottom line, he took the fall for a weather evac of T-6s gone wrong. T-6 wet crosswind limits were mistakenly waived so some T-6s could launch with winds out of limits (a dash-1 limit). 

Who is the waiver authority for something like that?

7 minutes ago, WheelsOff said:

Do you think this guy would have been crucified if aircraft were damaged by failing to evacuate?

Do you think this guy would have been crucified if aircraft were damaged by failing to evacuate?

Who knows? Another key fact is that there was already a change of command scheduled for like next week because of this guy’s impending 1 yr deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WheelsOff said:

Wow, that's what it takes for "loss of confidence?"  Guess you just hope to never get a boss that doesn't like you.

Just now, WheelsOff said:

The bros aren’t too fond of the Wg/cc either, to be frank. 

Sad, I hoped maybe the OG was booted due to upper management finally figuring out one of the many reasons pilots are bailing in droves is jackass management. The WG/CC is married to an airline pilot. She knows life is better on the outside world. I though it refreshing to see a tool get the boot. But, she may be a tool too. Sad.

• Sad 1

Yeah, is this the same Wg/CC who got abysmal results on the climate survey, and then instead of holding an all call/open forum to discuss the results, made a video sitting at her desk explaining why the 14ftw personnel (and therefore survey results) were wrong?

54 minutes ago, Motofalcon said:

Yeah, is this the same Wg/CC who got abysmal results on the climate survey, and then instead of holding an all call/open forum to discuss the results, made a video sitting at her desk explaining why the 14ftw personnel (and therefore survey results) were wrong?

Her bio reads like the definition of an anointed one who can do no wrong....

https://www.columbus.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/1594693/colonel-samantha-weeks/

1.  August 1997 – November 1997, Athletic Instructor, Athletic Department, U.S. Air Force Academy, CO.

2.  November 1997 – October 1998, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, TX.

3.  Apr 1999 – October 1999, Student Pilot, F-15C initial training, Tyndall AFB, FL.

4.  October 1999 – March 2003, F-15C pilot, 94th Fighter Squadron, 1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, VA.

5.  May 2003 – May 2004, Joint Terminal Attack Controller 607th Air Support Operations Group, Osan Air Base, South Korea

6.  July 2004 – July 2006, Instructor pilot, 12th Fighter Squadron, 3rd Wing, Elmendorf AFB, AK.

7.  October 2006 – November 2008, #6: Opposing Solo, #5: Lead Solo, F-16 Instructor Pilot, USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, Nellis AFB, NV.

8.  November 2008 – July 2009, Chief of Staff, United States Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, NV.

9.  August 2009 – July 2010, Air Force Fellow – Strategic Policy Intern, Washington, D.C.

10.  July 2010 – June 2011, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, AL.

11.  September 2011 – May 2012, Chief of Safety, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea

12.  May 2012 – June 2013, Commander, 8th Operations Support Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea

13. June 2013 – July 2015, Executive Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U. S. Northern Command, Colorado Springs, CO.

14. July 2015 – August 2016, Air Force Fellow – Lorenz Fellowship, Colorado Springs, CO.

15. August 2016 – August 2018, Commander, 57th Adversary Tactics Group, Nellis AFB, NV.

16. August 2018 – present, Commander, 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, MS.

1 hour ago, Motofalcon said:

Link to said video?