Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

16 hours ago, StoleIt said:

AFRC Bonus:

potato1.jpg

potato.jpg

Two questions. 

1.  What is SELRES ART?  Is that different from the bonuses technicians already get from the technician system?  We didn't have any pilot technicians left my last few years, so I can't remember how that all worked. 

2. TR Bonus.  Are your TR's getting bonuses for just staying in as part-timers, or do they have to go on orders to get that?  If it's just to be part time, well played AFRC.  There were rumors about in the in the ANG for years, but it never came to fruition during my time.   We did have one thing that came out, but the requirements they slapped on it made it so one 1 or 2 of our DSG pilots were eligible.  Basically, if you were prior-E, you were screwed. 

7 hours ago, brabus said:

Guard has a $30k/1 yr option, which is awesome. 

The only problem being, you have to go on orders to get it! :banghead:.  There aren't enough of your unicorn deals to go around lol.  

Speaking of bonuses...anyone got the details on FY23 (or FY24) ANG DSG pilot bonus? Curious if they still have the "good first year" $10k deal going on.

I've only been able to find the AGR AvB bonus...nothing for part timers.

Edited by StoleIt

Bwahahahaa! They ran out of money, mudda-fugging-ing idiots. This checks with Cannon getting a bunch of reservists to come out and then realizing they didn’t have the funding.

That’s happened to the Army every year it’s offered.

They budget for about 1/3 the available population in the hopes of forcing guys to commit early and not wait until they are in a combat zone to file for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
New bonus, including the Assignment of Preference option. Looks like scaling monetary options based on contract length OR Assignment of preference (with several caveats) OR both options that incurs a longer ADSC.
AvB.thumb.JPG.ee73d43df155371faa6dec1265736002.JPG
And they think this will work? Rhetorical question. It won't change anything, just give more money to people that were planning to stay anyways. Some real "smart" people came up with this dumb idea.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

What would you suggest?

Don't play their game, seperate to airline instead, or if you do-do it better...free agency, or maybe Guard or Reserve?? Active Duty Rated force is crumbling and buyers market is upon the rated pilot with free agency. 

For Big Blue: work with people without contracts, second order affects will follow accordingly. Oh, and make your acquisitions and test process better (i.e. equipped, manned, and informed) in order to be more responsive to rated forces/MWS inputs, needs, wants, and dreams. People want to do cool, shit hot missions..with today's tech

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Don't play their game, seperate to airline instead, or if you do-do it better...free agency, or maybe Guard or Reserve?? Active Duty Rated force is crumbling and buyers market is upon the rated pilot with free agency. 

For Big Blue: work with people without contracts, second order affects will follow accordingly. Oh, and make your acquisitions and test process better (i.e. equipped, manned, and informed) in order to be more responsive to rated forces/MWS inputs, needs, wants, and dreams. People want to do cool, shit hot missions..with today's tech

All good ideas that I'd like to see implemented.

I'll pull on the acquisition and test process thing a bit to get your take. I was the DO of a rapid acq and test squadron and I saw some interesting stuff. I will say that the AF's (and by extension DoD writ large) is WAY too slow on this topic, but the steps taken and processes in place for acq/test are actually pretty good to prevent wasting of resources. I heard on the Merge about how NGAD was going to use a new testing process but has since gone back to the old method. That's disappointing but I don't know enough to intelligently comment on that. 

The part that concerns me about your statement is the lack of response to your force (I'm assuming C-130 based on your avatar?). One constant battle I had (I also was the Command Chief Pilot while the DO so it was my job to make sure we knew what the community wanted and looked for) was a lack of knowledge about how to get things changed. There was the standard aircrew bitching but hardly ever any follow through on actual written requirements and documents. That's where the big disconnect would take place because we would move out immediately on stuff once we got it...we just had to get it. Writing 1067's, JUONs, CMNS, TIPs, anything like that will at least get the ball rolling to allocate resources. Do those requirements just not go anywhere or what's going on?  

Questions in response to your question, because this isn't the right medium for specific answers.   

A cliché GI Joe quote is, "knowledge is half the battle!" This case being knowledge of test processes. But what is other half, actual execution thereof???

And, does test know and employ the way test is regulated and supposed to test? Do our Senior Leaders truly understand test? Are we structured in this period of adapt or lose to test fast enough? What is the limiting factor? Do we need more tests, which I akin to fun play and learning?

A metaphor that comes to mind lately is that the Service's aim is correct, but the "organizational-ballistics", being misunderstood, lead to a target miss. The miss we all talk about and loathe - 'they can't get it right'. For whatever the reasons, some being wrong "powder", wrong "grain- weight", wrong "barrell", wrong "twist", and wrong "metallurgy" but good optics on the right target. So does the shooter see the miss? If yes, are they being honest with themselves? Do they fix the whole system to bulleyes' at 100, 500 or 1,000 yds or just move the target to pistol-whip distance and then PCS calling it a win (KC-46, F-35, MyTravel, MyFSS/Eval...etc, etc) 

Also - Anyone who truly, wholy understands the implications of these three words must brilliant - organize, train, equip. Those military leaders who properly understand and execute those three to fruition must've been epic.

8 hours ago, pawnman said:

But how much of a bonus do you have to offer the AI to keep it from going to Delta?

The RAND corporation is currently under a $50 million contract to study this issue and issue a 75 page report, hopefully by the end of FY29.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirkDiggler said:

The RAND corporation is currently under a $50 million contract to study this issue and issue a 75 page report, hopefully by the end of FY29.

It never ceases to amaze me how much money the RAND corp has made producing toilet paper for the govt. Not necessarily saying their analysis is bad, but leadership does nothing beyond take their reports and wipe their asses with it. I mean if you’re going to consistently ignore their findings and recs, then why even hire them in the first place?

• Upvote 1