Good Riddance, Mark Milley.

gearhog

I wonder how Miley would have responded to one of his staff describing the former president as a “wannabe dictator” on the record. Instead of taking the high road to attempt to keep the institution above politics, he once again wades in unnecessarily. 

I have nothing significant to contribute more than I already have on other threads regarding this degenerate POS, but I love this thread! Good riddance indeed, should have resigned 2 years ago if he wasn’t such a self serving douche. He is everything that is wrong with the military, specifically the Army. 

Not a huge fan of CQ’s DEI initiatives but he’ll be heaps and bounds better than this sack of uselessness. 

5 hours ago, dream big said:

I have nothing significant to contribute more than I already have on other threads regarding this degenerate POS, but I love this thread! Good riddance indeed, should have resigned 2 years ago if he wasn’t such a self serving douche. He is everything that is wrong with the military, specifically the Army. 

Not a huge fan of CQ’s DEI initiatives but he’ll be heaps and bounds better than this sack of uselessness. 

I wonder if he'll be as invisible in the CJCS job as he was in the CSAF job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder how Miley would have responded to one of his staff describing the former president as a “wannabe dictator” on the record. Instead of taking the high road to attempt to keep the institution above politics, he once again wades in unnecessarily. 

He was interviewing for his next job with that comment, pledging fealty to the swamp.
CNN, MSNBC contributor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, pawnman said:

I wonder if he'll be as invisible in the CJCS job as he was in the CSAF job.

That’s not a bad thing. Combatant commanders should run their AORs, service chiefs their services, CJCS should be there to support those aforementioned and provide the best (apolitical) military advice to the National Command Authority. Somewhere along the line Mark Milley forgot all of that. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, streak said:

Would depend on which former president sadly

3 hours ago, dream big said:

That’s not a bad thing. Combatant commanders should run their AORs, service chiefs their services, CJCS should be there to support those aforementioned and provide the best (apolitical) military advice to the National Command Authority. Somewhere along the line Mark Milley forgot all of that. 

I agree with you 99%, my only input is I wonder if the combatant commander model (with its boundaries) should be revisited as our adversaries cross those boundaries without our level of bureaucratic thrash.  Regardless, 100% CJCS should not be involved tactically... which Milley was.  He was deeply involved with O6 level decisions in the AFG withdrawal.  The full depth of his personal touch on that disaster is not widely known.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I agree with you 99%, my only input is I wonder if the combatant commander model (with its boundaries) should be revisited as our adversaries cross those boundaries without our level of bureaucratic thrash.  Regardless, 100% CJCS should not be involved tactically... which Milley was.  He was deeply involved with O6 level decisions in the AFG withdrawal.  The full depth of his personal touch on that disaster is not widely known.  

In theory, the problem you described of transnational problem sets was addressed by Gen Durnford's efforts to change the law and make CJCS the global integrator. However, while the title sounds great in practice, the CJCS still has next-to-no authority and can only advise. The real global integrator is SecDef since he issues EXORDs that dictate how forces are allocated during the force management process.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Muscle2002 said:

transnational

What are the odds on Milley  becoming a "trans"national?   Lol

That dude wears a leather dog mask for sure.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Biff_T said:

What are the odds on Milley  becoming a "trans"national?   Lol

That dude wears a leather dog mask for sure.  

...here comes the dibs meme again...

Edited by FourFans
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, FourFans said:

...here comes the dibs meme again...

Lol.  That was good!  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought