World War III Updates

gearhog

7 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hamas-attack-israel-war

If this report is to be believed we’re moving some assets into the region. Any speculation on the chances we join Israel in getting kinetic in the region?

Highly doubtful, especially with regard to taking territory in Gaza.  Freeing American citizens and giving payback for killing Americans on the other hand...

This has to be tied back to actions/actions against Iran.  Hamas receives 93% of it's military budget from Iran.  The Quds force more than likely was aware, helped with intel/planning and gave at least tacit approval. 

Given the monetary support from Iran I hope it is not lost on the masses that the Big Guy gave Iran $6 Billion two weeks ago...its not rocket surgery to see how that played out.

• Upvote 2

good ol' geopolitics. There'll never be peace in that god-forsaken (pun very much intended, as a secular humanist mind you) infertile soil part of the Levant.

As to Hamas' angle, my bet is they're making an accelerationist (poor bet) play to get Israel to carpet bomb Gaza, and get all the critters to come out the woodwork. It's already started in the Golan Heights, again. The neoliberal west is pretty much in lockstep with the israeli status quo apparatus, so I think the guerrilla overplayed their hand, even from an accelerationist pov. Non-state actors tend to be short-sighted like that though.

In the end, the apartheid will persist, the bystander pawns will perish on both sides of the border, the status quo will prevail. The Israeli/Palestinian chasm makes Anglos' handling of the Native American "question" seem courteous in the macro. Yes, I'm being slightly incendiary for effect, but it's not too far off.

My 10 year old asked me where that was going on, while I was listening to it in the car. After I explained where the Levant was and a 5th grade explanation of the history of tensions, he promptly said to me: "oof, good thing we live in place where bombs are not falling on top of our houses". Small and salient observations thru a kid's eyes, for what many in the Americas take for granted indeed. I promptly and simply agreed with him. I certainly don't take his assertion for granted.

Edited by hindsight2020
  • Like 2

Reports ranging from 700-1100 Israeli civilians KIA yesterday.  The videos are outrageous, terrorists driving around cities firing indiscriminately.  I thought Israeli civilians were all armed, but just learned that is no longer the case and the population has been disarmed over the past decade.  

WSJ reporting that Iran was involved in tactical planning and formally approved the Hamas operation.

Edited to add: US DoS continues looking like idiots by saying they’ve seen no Iranian link….

Edited by tac airlifter

I’m sure they were thinking about all the medical aid and food they could fly in across the “blockade” when they got these…

e767d2a8ea4e3671ebc3df7c4b18c89a.jpg

Oh wait no… just another example of the governing body in Gaza choosing to buy weapons instead of help the people they claim to be protecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

This has to be tied back to actions/actions against Iran.  Hamas receives 93% of it's military budget from Iran.  The Quds force more than likely was aware, helped with intel/planning and gave at least tacit approval. 

Fox and CNN reporting that Hamas an Hezbollah have stated Iran helped with the planning. It’s almost like they’re trying to bait Israel into attacking Iran.

Fox and CNN reporting that Hamas an Hezbollah have stated Iran helped with the planning. It’s almost like they’re trying to bait Israel into attacking Iran.

Anybody that thinks they did this without the Quds force providing support and coordination is kidding themselves.

Also our resident Palestinian congresswoman has been silent on the death toll or abduction of Israeli women and children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

e767d2a8ea4e3671ebc3df7c4b18c89a.jpg

Air Power!   

Way to double down on crazy bitch. I guess at least she’s wearing her shit loyalty out in the open then.

I’m sure party powers that be will be quick to denounce her…. Don’t worry we can all wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, raimius said:

I was reading that an Israeli gun license allows one to own 1 pistol and 50 rounds of ammo (total!)... Not great odds against a squad of Hamas fighters with AKs!

Well, you wouldn’t want their citizens to own ARs, Tavor’s, etc…according to the left in the US, those are weapons of war that ordinary citizens shouldn’t be able to own.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, gearhog said:

This f’n guy. Lebanon launching rockets into Israel this hour. Speculation: Hezbollah. Gerald Ford CBG inbound. 
IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.effbfc57638cc99b1bc9f87620839d9b.jpeg

If left to their own devices, it seems likely that either Israel will eventually be overwhelmed, or they will start annihilating the surrounding Arab states. I don't see how either option is good for the US, and it's certainly more important than Ukraine given the reliance on stable energy markets.

Military intervention is probably not the best option, but what do you suggest?

10 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

If left to their own devices, it seems likely that either Israel will eventually be overwhelmed, or they will start annihilating the surrounding Arab states. I don't see how either option is good for the US, and it's certainly more important than Ukraine given the reliance on stable energy markets.

I’ve noticed that many on the left no longer believe “democracies need to be able to defend themselves from those who that attack their sovereignty” as of a few days ago.  Whoever actually thought that the left actually supported Ukraine because of “democracy” were easily duped…fortunately I’ve learned over the years that the leftists support leftist ideology, and everything else they say/do is a distraction.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, gearhog said:

This f’n guy. Lebanon launching rockets into Israel this hour. Speculation: Hezbollah. Gerald Ford CBG inbound. 
IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.effbfc57638cc99b1bc9f87620839d9b.jpeg

He doesn't have to do the fighting.  None of them do (libs, repubs it doesn't matter). They have nothing to lose if few more young men and women die.  His children and grandchildren won't get killed or maimed in battle.  They'll be fine no matter what happens to the rest of us.    

War is good for the pocket book.  

11 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

poor man's light attack aircraft!

11 hours ago, RegularJoe said:

A new contender in the light strike competition

You cant compete with a combat aircrew that sits in each other’s lap during an assault.  That's an effective use of CRM.  

Edit: Let's run the before landing checklist.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

image.png.a6c9bac0317fcfe1af61d1770d060bc4.png

image.png.812e6e171ae999e3b91682e2ad1257ec.png

Fuel/small bag o' gas - check

Emitters/cellular- check

Nav (day/VMC/CAVOK) - check

Comms/scream front-to-rear/rear-to-front - check

Countermeasures/Armament(s) - ?/check

1 Propeller - check

2 People - check

3 Tires - check

...what was field faster? Survivable? Lethal?

1 hour ago, hindsight2020 said:

AD and Diet-AD would have NJP'd them for violating social media policy. (check go pro mount left side). tsk tsk. 

That's the live-stream, TOC live-feed...which is Twitter/X

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1