Today in hypocrisy...

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

I try to rotate around the various news outlets and listen to how the other side presents things (if they ever talk about anything other than Trump).  This morning I was running errands and switched over to CNN to hear their coverage of the Hunter Biden indictments.  The guest was a former DNC appointed federal prosecutor who was commenting on the three felony gun charges against Hunter Biden  (she didn't want to talk about the tax evasion.)

She started by saying that they rarely punish this crime when a drug user is associated with a drug user (I thought that was the whole point of the law), and that while he was "technically guilty" she thought his prosecution on three felony counts was politically driven.  I can buy her argument for first time offenders and diversion programs but then she went totally batshit crazy. 

According to her, there is a "serious Constitutional challenge" to sort out...BECAUSE...here it comes boys and girls....because Hunter Biden has a second amendment right to keep and bear arms and laws that seek to restrict ownership because of drug usage have yet to be challenged up through the Supreme Court.  

The left is so determined to protect the Biden crime family they will surrender one of the center pieces of their political ideology as part of his defense.  So in most liberal states leadership is passing law to restrict you 2A right but the left would now like to use the 2A to protect Hunter Biden.Truly bizzaro world and beyond hypocrisy.

I agree this a hypocritical take from what is apparently a left leaning prosecutor. It’d be interesting to see what kind of gun related cases she’s prosecuted in the past. 

However, one liberal prosecutor doesn’t speak for the entire DNC. If multiple dem reps and senators start making this argument publicly, then calling out the left for talking out of both sides of their mouth will be valid.

12 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

I agree this a hypocritical take from what is apparently a left leaning prosecutor. It’d be interesting to see what kind of gun related cases she’s prosecuted in the past. 

However, one liberal prosecutor doesn’t speak for the entire DNC. If multiple dem reps and senators start making this argument publicly, then calling out the left for talking out of both sides of their mouth will be valid.

So you’re saying it’s just small, unrelated pockets of window licking stupidity throughout the left ….

18 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

The "dem reps" you mention are all ensconced in the liberal media...fairly obvious they have all agreed on the new narrative on behalf of the Democrats.

ABC Story

MSNBC Story

Bloomberg Story

La Times Story

39 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The "dem reps" you mention are all ensconced in the liberal media...fairly obvious they have all agreed on the new narrative on behalf of the Democrats.

ABC Story

MSNBC Story

Bloomberg Story

La Times Story

Guns for the rich and corrupt (law Biden citizens) but not for the law abiding citizens lol.  

Fucking idiots.  How anyone can read those articles and not smell horse shit is beyond me. 

Edit: This is the most "Idiocracy" thing yet.   Our country is doomed because of political party obedience.  I hate saying this but "what if" Hunter was not the president's son, would he be serving time, yes.  Oh and what if he was just a regular black man?  He would be locked up and serving time already.  If  somebody explained this to the media outlets listed above, they'd implode like a titanic submersible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HossHarris said:

So you’re saying it’s just small, unrelated pockets of window licking stupidity throughout the left ….

No. I’m saying one individual on a talk show doesn’t speak for the entire party. MTG doesn’t speak for the entire Republican Party, and this prosecutor doesn’t speak for all democrats. I would think this concept would be common sense.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

ABC Story

MSNBC Story

Bloomberg Story

La Times Story

That sounds like an assumption. I prefer to go off what the politicians actual say, and then how they execute. 

Good thing Biden is 8 decades old.  God will take him back soon.  He's so fucking old.  There are videos of him plagiarizing others' speeches.  There are videos of him telling 100% lies during speeches.  Theses are from the 1980s not from now.  He's the zenith of political corruption and he's the leader of the US.   Ask your liberal friends if they're better off today than 4 years ago.   Shit ask anyone if they're better off now than 20 years ago. If you answer honestly, the answer (for most) will be no.  Thats the litmus test.   Where did the middle class go?   How much is gas?   My house should cost 200,000k but I can sell it for 1.2 million.  I live in what used to be a working class neighborhood in Cypress CA (North OC), but now only rich people can afford these houses.  My used VW surfwagon is worth more today then it was when I bought it 5 years ago.   The dollar is getting weaker and weaker, kinda like Hunter Biden after a few days without crack.  Groceries cost more, shit even the price of dieing is going up.  We need real change in this country.  Real change, the hard way. 

Edited by Biff_T
Ingles es muy dificil.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, skybert said:

Micheal or his bitch Barrie?

You mean Michael?  Lol.  Hes so strong and beautiful.  If you disagree, you are a racist and whatever sexual-fantasy-phobe is not cool at the moment.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Letitia James Faces Growing Pressure to Prosecute Jon Stewart over Property Overvaluation

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/03/29/letitia-james-faces-growing-pressure-to-prosecute-jon-stewart-over-property-overvaluation/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic. This would be righteous justice if the whole thing wasn't so ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Letitia James Faces Growing Pressure to Prosecute Jon Stewart over Property Overvaluation

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/03/29/letitia-james-faces-growing-pressure-to-prosecute-jon-stewart-over-property-overvaluation/

Both sides are terrible but it was the left that started using government agencies (IRS/FBI) and now the courts to go after political opponents.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Both sides are terrible but it was the left that started using government agencies (IRS/FBI) and now the courts to go after political opponents.

Well, in this era. They were doing it in the 40s-60s with the communism hunting, right?

4 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Well, in this era. They were doing it in the 40s-60s with the communism hunting, right?

Wait a minute, that’s something a commie would say…he’s a commie witch, burn him!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Concur
I’m actually an optimist but I kinda see the past few years of this as a crossing of the Rubicon moment(s) for the Republic
Unless the Administrative State is shrunk, decentralized and throughly flushed I’m not sure we can go forward as a democratic republic of unified sovereign states

Doesn’t make it right, just proves people in power like to use whatever means at their disposal to oppress their enemies, fellow citizens and others
Therefore you have to / should constantly right size their power
Nothing that curtails basic freedom or acts in some ways against the aspiration of the constitution should be allowed a guarantee continuous existence. Every power beyond the basics should be sunsetted or explicitly renewed

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:55 PM, Clark Griswold said:

As one would expect from breitbart, this article is missing literally any level of detail or context which would shed light on how Stewart and Trump's situations are completely, entirely different. It's just lazy trump defense hackery without any facts to back it up. 

For those still unclear on the difference:

Jon Stewart's property was assessed by state tax authorities to be worth a certain amount. He then sold it for a different amount. This is how the difference between assessed value and market value works.. which fluctuates constantly and can be very different depending on market conditions. Discrepancies between assessed value and market value have nothing to do with someone committing fraud. 

Trump tripled the reported square footage of properties specifically to inflate his net worth in order to get loans, and then reported the actual smaller square footage on tax documents. Square footage is an empirical measurement and you can't just lie about the size of your property when it's convenient for you. That's called fraud. 

If any of us sold our houses right now, we'd likely list it far above its tax assessed value. That doesn't make any of us fraudsters. But you would be a fraudster if you had a 3000 sq/ft house and then went to a bank and got a loan predicated on reporting a 9000 sq/ft as collateral. 

Edited by Pooter
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Pooter said:

As one would expect from breitbart, this article is missing literally any level of detail or context which would shed light on how Stewart and Trump's situations are completely, entirely different. It's just lazy trump defense hackery without any facts to back it up. 
For those still unclear on the difference:

Jon Stewart's property was assessed by state tax authorities to be worth a certain amount. He then sold it for a different amount. This is how the difference between assessed value and market value works.. which fluctuates constantly and can be very different depending on market conditions. Discrepancies between assessed value and market value have nothing to do with someone committing fraud. 

Trump tripled the reported square footage of properties specifically to inflate his net worth in order to get loans, and then reported the actual smaller square footage on tax documents. Square footage is an empirical measurement and you can't just lie about the size of your property when it's convenient for you. That's called fraud. 

If any of us sold our houses right now, we'd likely list it far above its tax assessed value. That doesn't make any of us fraudsters. But you would be a fraudster if you had a 3000 sq/ft house and then went to a bank and got a loan predicated on reporting a 9000 sq/ft as collateral. 

None of his creditors were defrauded, all were compensated at their contractual terms and none filed a complaint following their transactions 

This is a bullshit selective investigation and prosecution while that which is obvious to any normal functioning human goes unpunished and is evidence that the Republic as we think of it is over, it’s something else now, I’m not claiming it’s a dictatorship or something but it’s a system ruled by men partially dependent on who you are and selectively interpreted laws, rules and policy now

You could say that was the way it was when discrimination was legal and morally acceptable and you would have a point but it doesn’t change the fact that it is getting worse, driving the division that probably can’t be fixed and will lead to a change in the Republic eventually 

No idea if that change will be better or worse, obviously I hope for the better 

• Upvote 5

Jon Stewart should ask John Oliver to do a piece on this.  Then Stewart can do his thing on some of the horseflys bugging Oliver.

I find it odd that a politician thinks they can bully someone like these two, both of whom have a popular platform and sometimes use it for a righteous cause, like 9/11 Responders. 

11 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

None of his creditors were defrauded, all were compensated at their contractual terms and none filed a complaint following their transactions 

This is a bullshit selective investigation and prosecution while that which is obvious to any normal functioning human goes unpunished and is evidence that the Republic as we think of it is over, it’s something else now, I’m not claiming it’s a dictatorship or something but it’s a system ruled by men partially dependent on who you are and selectively interpreted laws, rules and policy now

You could say that was the way it was when discrimination was legal and morally acceptable and you would have a point but it doesn’t change the fact that it is getting worse, driving the division that probably can’t be fixed and will lead to a change in the Republic eventually 

No idea if that change will be better or worse, obviously I hope for the better 

The creditors were absolutely defrauded. They issued lower interest rate/higher principle loans based on fraudulent collateral asset claims. Just because the government figured it out before the creditors doesn't mean a crime didn't take place. 

And if you truly think this is some horrible selective prosecution that spells the end of the republic, I have an experiment for you. Next time you apply for a mortgage try grossly inflating your assets and see how far you get with that. And when you get investigated for fraud, try pitching the victimless crime narrative. 

But you would never try that because you know exactly what would happen. So only one question remains: why do you think trump should get away with something you never could?

15 minutes ago, Pooter said:

The creditors were absolutely defrauded. They issued lower interest rate/higher principle loans based on fraudulent collateral asset claims. Just because the government figured it out before the creditors doesn't mean a crime didn't take place. 

And if you truly think this is some horrible selective prosecution that spells the end of the republic, I have an experiment for you. Next time you apply for a mortgage try grossly inflating your assets and see how far you get with that. And when you get investigated for fraud, try pitching the victimless crime narrative. 

But you would never try that because you know exactly what would happen. So only one question remains: why do you think trump should get away with something you never could?

You misunderstand the difference between single family residential properties and large scale commercial properties.  I'm not an expert but I had it explained to me by someone who was; basically there's a standard practice to increase property value based on zoning and permits for future planned development.  And those things have real worth.  

The banks in question stated for the record they were not defrauded and wanted to continue business with the Trump organization.  This is ops normal, everyone does it, no one else is prosecuted for it.  This is absolutely a BS political prosecution.  

• Upvote 1