The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

9 hours ago, dream big said:

Yeah, that’s totally not what he said. 

It was still a bad analogy.

The girl at the party made decisions that ignore the reality of the situation she's in.  She did not show up with a bucket of date-rape drugs and casually leave them scattered around the room, thinking it wouldn't ever affect her.

There's a big difference between questionable *personal* decision making, and making the world worse for other people, then having that come back to bite you.

The girl in the sexy dress never deserves to be raped. The politician who fucked up their city for everyone else absolutely deserves to be mugged.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

The girl in the sexy dress never deserves to be raped. The politician who fucked up their city for everyone else absolutely deserves to be mugged.

This

• 4 weeks later...

"Perpetrator:  Adherence to traditional gender norms."  

Lol.  So you're more likely to rape if you're not a transgender.  Lol. WTF?

I wanna see the statistics to back this up.  

Edit: Hyper-masculine attitiludes.  Lol.  Quit making Airmen do physical fitness.  I don't want them having any muscles.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

• 4 weeks later...

That’s what those with their head in the sand say. Sorry man, you either got woke, poor academics, or both. The amount of each can be all over the place depending on part of the country, but one or both are there to some degree.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, brabus said:

That’s what those with their head in the sand say. Sorry man, you either got woke, poor academics, or both. The amount of each can be all over the place depending on part of the country, but one or both are there to some degree.

Like i said, agree to disagree.  My wife and I are heavily involved in the local public middle and high schools.  No woke.  No pronouns.  No gender ideology.  No book banning.  No LGBTQ shaming. Top tier academics.  Top tier extra-curriculars.  Tight integration with the local community, churchs, and public service volunteer organizations.  I'm fully aware how unique it is, but it does exist. 

Bearing in mind that I assume a normal low level of all that stuff that has always, and will always be at the fringes of every society.  Just because one kid claims to be LGBTQ doesn't mean it's a main stream in the school.  I knew gay guys and girls in my high school growing up.  It's normal and not the center of mass.

The more people I meet from around the country, the more I'm realizing that the doom-and-gloom-nay-sayers on all sides of every aisle are usually the ones with low real awareness outside of their own community, and form their opinions of what's "happening in America" based on CNN, Fox, OAN, MSNBC or some other outlet that thrives on fear mongering.  

Reality: There are many local communities in America that are perfectly healthy and not saturated with either wokeism or anti-wokeism.  They aren't in major cities.  You don't hear about them because they don't make noise.  Just because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Upvote 4

Fair enough. I live in a community like you describe (except I think the academics are not good), so I’m not just following some notion that MSM is pushing (I don’t consume MSM hardly ever anyways). But, my wife and I have several years of significant involvement in “the school world” that transcends state borders, so my viewpoint is formed based on a lot of data and personal experience from around the country. “If it’s not woke, then it’s crap academics” applies to a vast majority of this country, though of course outliers in XYZ small town do exist. Congrats to anyone who lives in those towns, but you’re experience is a tiny drop in a large bucket compared to our  country at large.

As a broad example, only one state in the entire country breaks the 70% barrier on math and reading/language arts proficiency for HS grads. It’s a rapid freefall from there for the rest of the US. If you don’t live in Maine, your state is objectively failing at primary education. I encourage every parent to dig deep into their kids’ schools performance. If you don’t see +70% proficiency or are given some BS story about how the data’s not there, Covid excuse, etc…you have your answer. Also, be directly and annoyingly involved in your kids ed - if you’re cool with “fine” being the answer you get when asking how was school, then you have way lower SA than you think you have. Dig into their homework, what exactly they’re taught in class, etc. Many of you would probably be surprised at a min about the low standards and quality/challenge level of work your kid is doing.

I have been told more times than I can remember, “well our schools are great,” or “we don’t have that here in our schools/town,” only to hear “fuck, you were right, what can we do now?” months or year+ later. All those data points help support my skepticism anytime someone makes the aforementioned claims. It’s not personal, or an attack, it’s just standing on a lot of data and evidence that truly “great public schools” are an extreme minority in 2023, and the odds are the “royal you” aren’t in those districts.

Edited by brabus

I just spent the last few months digging into something I had no knowledge of, that at some point after I became an adult the education system decided that phonics was a bad idea. I'm not sure there's an example I've ever seen with a more precipitous and obvious decrease in results than when schools went from phonics based reading to contextual based reading.

Same thing for math apparently.

It's to the point where my wife and I are considering starting an Acton school just so we can have more control over exactly what is going on. While I'm sure there are a few good public schools out there, I'm as skeptical as brabus when you realize that the entire education establishment has been taken for a ride. It also doesn't cover the reality that our curriculum hasn't changed much in 100 years, yet the world has. Kids are still graduating with no idea what taxes or interest rates are, and that's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 12:35 PM, Clark Griswold said:

This

Nolte: Nolan, del Toro Urge Americans to Purchase Physical Media — ‘Almost a Fahrenheit 451’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/11/21/nolte-nolan-del-toro-urge-americans-to-purchase-physical-media-almost-a-fahrenheit-451/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At some point I had the spare $ to get the Star Wars collection to indoctrinate my youngest.

On watching Episode IV, I found that it was the "edited" version.  Never have I experienced that level of buyer's remorse.

19 hours ago, ItnStln said:

Are they still called Navigators?

Shut up nav! 

4 hours ago, BFM this said:

At some point I had the spare $ to get the Star Wars collection to indoctrinate my youngest.

On watching Episode IV, I found that it was the "edited" version.  Never have I experienced that level of buyer's remorse.

Han shot first! 

"Put a chick in it and make her gay!" - Kathleen Kennedy (South Park)

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Han shot first! 

"Put a chick in it and make her gay!" - Kathleen Kennedy (South Park)

I sat there watching the hangar scene after the Cantina, with Jabba and Han chatting it up a-la-CGI with my jaw on the floor.

Immediately wanted my money back.

• Upvote 1

Some partisan race-baiter who poses as a journalist at Deadspin (whatever that is) concocts a story about some kid wearing blackface at a Chief's game and tries to shame the kid on social media. Epic Fail...turns out the kid is wearing Chief's colors and the headdress? Also, turns out the kid is bona fide and registered Native American.

Many Chiefs fans are planning to wear black and red face paint to the next game in a show of support for this kid, who has been getting attacked by the woke left.

Chief.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Some partisan race-baiter who poses as a journalist at Deadspin (whatever that is) concocts a story about some kid wearing blackface at a Chief's game and tries to shame the kid on social media. Epic Fail...turns out the kid is wearing Chief's colors and the headdress? Also, turns out the kid is bona fide and registered Native American.

Many Chiefs fans are planning to wear black and red face paint to the next game in a show of support for this kid, who has been getting attacked by the woke left.

Chief.jpg

UFB...err, wait...I meant totally believable. Par for the left.

• Upvote 1

Chief.thumb.jpg.e418c4b3e67d0cf478e8a82c6943f940.jpg

And Deadspin is refusing to retract the story. They also refuse to show the full picture, only the angle that shows black side of his face. I expect this family to come into some money very soon. Journalism is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1