The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

5 hours ago, Vito said:

Show me a City or State that’s better off under Democrat rule…. 

Can’t prove the counterfactuals but…

Boston fvcking rocks. State politics are a bit weird.

Dallas has had a Democratic mayor since the 90s (one exception). Dallas also fvcking rocks. State politics are also a bit weird, in the other direction.

But seriously, the real problem in the union is New Hampshire. That place is horrific. Stay far away. Seriously, not just saying that so there’s more maple sugar trees for me. Really. 

13 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

Those of us that live in the metroplex don’t say the D word and don’t go anywhere near Dallas.  Dallas proper is a complete dumpster fire.  

Huh, guess I missed that part of the indoc when I moved there. Seems fine to me, with the usual caveats for a big city.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

Those of us that live in the metroplex don’t say the D word and don’t go anywhere near Dallas.  Dallas proper is a complete dumpster fire.  

You can literally see where the city limits are by the presence of the homeless.

• Upvote 1

Can’t prove the counterfactuals but…

But seriously, the real problem in the union is New Hampshire. That place is horrific. Stay far away. Seriously, not just saying that so there’s more maple sugar trees for me. Really. 

Please explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Seems like he might be from or live in New Hampshire and doesn’t want any of you dickheads to get any bright ideas like moving there and messing it up 😄

Im going to tell all of my fellow Californians to head for greener pastures in New Hampshire.  Im sure we can help bring NH down with the rest of us.    The funny thing is, I've traveled the world mutiple times (as most of us on baseops have) but I have yet to place my feet in the land of "Live free or Die".  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

Please explain

Life free or die, baby. 

Seriously, New Hampshire is awesome. Skeptical of government but with functioning schools. Plus, bleeding trees for a living sounds great. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.14.18 AM.png

Cool.  Can we all just identify as women now and get shit done.  Lol

Gender focal points and GENADs (almost GONADs lol).  We are setting ourselves up to develop some real badass killers.  Im a little sad we couldn't come up with ways like this to be more lethal when I was in.  Keep up the good work AF!! Lol

Life free or die, baby. 

Seriously, New Hampshire is awesome. Skeptical of government but with functioning schools. Plus, bleeding trees for a living sounds great. 

Gotcha. My sarcasm detector has been intermittent lately. I’ll get it fixed.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.14.18 AM.png

Yes. Please start quantifying and tracking gender based performance so we can identify our shortfalls.  

Once it all gets averaged out we should be able to identify the truly superior gender and place others in appropriate roles. That should end well. /s

divide and conquer ….

• Haha 1

Yes. Please start quantifying and tracking gender based performance so we can identify our shortfalls.  

Once it all gets averaged out we should be able to identify the truly superior gender and place others in appropriate roles. That should end well. /s

divide and conquer ….

The last line is my favorite…

“One team, one fight!”

• Upvote 1

What is a woman?  

"And those who identify as such..."

Does the DoD have a list of qualifying criteria for gender identification?

Personal morality notwithstanding, why would anyone not identify as (whatever) in order to be given all the protection, preferential treatment, and elevated status the DoD is pushing if the qualifying criteria to do so is individually subjective?

Then at the end of one's service, "they" could claim gender dysphoria as a service connected disability.

There would be no downside apart from the shame, loss of dignity, and reputation for being human trash, which is no longer a deterrent for many, and often a prerequisite for leadership selection.

Edited by gearhog

Didn’t people say that when gay marriage was legalized? “Oh yea, all the E1s in the barracks are gonna ‘marry’ their buddy to get moved off base and married BAH.”

Did that happen even once?

The few people I know with non-standard gender expressions/identities say the same thing as my gay friends: this is just how I am, it’s not some choice I decided would be cool one day, and it can be pretty hard to be accepted in a lot of places.

Probably better to just accept people how they are, treat people fairly and move on with your life. That’s my philosophy at least, even if a lot of this newfangled gender stuff the kids are going on about makes absolutely zero sense to me sometimes. #I’mOldNow

Edited by nsplayr
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

Probably better to just accept people how they are, treat people fairly and move on with your life. That’s my philosophy at least, even if a lot of this newfangled gender stuff the kids are going on about makes absolutely zero sense to me sometimes. #I’mOldNow

(Most) people will live up to, or down to, the generally accepted standards set for them.

If it is someone's personal policy to accept people how they are with no qualifications, they effectively have no standards or expectations. Do you not have any measures of acceptable behavior for the people you surround yourself with? If a person is willing to tolerate absolutely anything, their opinion is literally of no consequence, and they render themselves an ineffectual. Ineffectuals are currently being railroaded. "Give an inch, they take a mile".

I would agree that people should be free to make any decision for themselves that does not adversely affect others. But I need not condone or endorse it nor should I be censored for speaking against it. Granting an advantage to someone on the basis of gender identity adversely effects those who aren't obsessed with this latest trend. And one would have to be blind to not see the physical harm being done to young people, and the indescribable harm that is to come to them should society as whole continue accept anyone "as they are".

Edited by gearhog
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Mumm, disagree I guess.

People with non-standard gender expressions in my opinion aren’t advantaged over “regular” people, quite the opposite. Not too many folks jump at the chance and choose to be a persecuted class of people for one reason or another.

And I don’t really have or need traditional “objective standards” for what clothes other people wear or how they cut their hair or who they want to sleep with anymore. That does affect me in any way I found out!

Is this a good person? Do they do good work? If so great, you be you and good luck. Obviously it’s easy to default to what was traditional when you grew up, but times change and so does the world, like it or not.

I’ve often found those who espouse the idea that others can choose to do whatever but I don’t have to condone/endorse/can speak against are often just assholes. To me being accepting by default (which is hard!), even when you may not understand or fully accept a choice someone else makes, has been be a better policy.

I have high standards and specific expectations for a lot of things, but not this thing. And I have a lot of recent, first-hand experience, so it’s not a point of view I come to lightly or held right away necessarily.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Space Force general decries 'anti-LGBTQ+' laws at Pentagon 'Pride' event, claims they affect hiring decisions

Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt railed against state "anti-LGBTQ+" laws during a Pentagon "Pride" event on June 7, 2023. Department of Defense

A high-ranking officer in the U.S. Space Force used her speech at a Pentagon "Pride" event last week to rail against what she called "anti-LGBTQ+ laws" introduced in state legislatures across the country.

Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt, deputy chief of space operations, also claimed that such laws affect her hiring and promotion decisions, sometimes leading her to choose a "less qualified" candidate because of a preferred candidate's "personal circumstances."

"Transformational cultural change requires leadership from the top, and we do not have time to wait," Burt told those attending the event. "Since January of this year, more than 400 anti-LGBTQ+ laws have been introduced at the state level. That number is rising and demonstrates a trend that could be dangerous for service members, their families, and the readiness of the force as a whole." 

"When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job. I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor," she said...

Space Force general decries 'anti-LGBTQ+' laws at Pentagon 'Pride' event, claims they affect hiring decisions

Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt railed against state "anti-LGBTQ+" laws during a Pentagon "Pride" event on June 7, 2023. Department of Defense

A high-ranking officer in the U.S. Space Force used her speech at a Pentagon "Pride" event last week to rail against what she called "anti-LGBTQ+ laws" introduced in state legislatures across the country.

Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt, deputy chief of space operations, also claimed that such laws affect her hiring and promotion decisions, sometimes leading her to choose a "less qualified" candidate because of a preferred candidate's "personal circumstances."

"Transformational cultural change requires leadership from the top, and we do not have time to wait," Burt told those attending the event. "Since January of this year, more than 400 anti-LGBTQ+ laws have been introduced at the state level. That number is rising and demonstrates a trend that could be dangerous for service members, their families, and the readiness of the force as a whole." 

"When I look at potential candidates, say, for squadron command, I strive to match the right person to the right job. I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor," she said...

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Didn’t people say that when gay marriage was legalized? “Oh yea, all the E1s in the barracks are gonna ‘marry’ their buddy to get moved off base and married BAH.”

Did that happen even once?

The few people I know with non-standard gender expressions/identities say the same thing as my gay friends: this is just how I am, it’s not some choice I decided would be cool one day, and it can be pretty hard to be accepted in a lot of places.

I’ll accept them and treat them with compassion just like I would anyone with a mental illness.  You cannot argue that their brains are working correctly.  Does it make them bad people? No.  Does it mean they should be completely ostracized from society? No.  What it does mean is that they should not be able to hold sensitive positions that require security clearances.  They should not be police officers, pilots or in the military….and so on. Go be a realtor, insurance agent or any one of another 1000 jobs out there.  Just like a schizophrenic wouldn’t be able to get a clearance or FC1, nor should they.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, M2 said:

what the fuck!?

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

not a good litmus test to use...transgender is a mental illness. period. it should be treated as such. look at the suicide rates. it's not a normal condition for humans to have.

it's only within the last few years that this illness has exploded...WHY IS THAT!?

why for thousands of years of human history has transgender not been a thing....and SUDDENLY it's a huge evolutionary human condition....hmmmm....maybe....just maybe the media and trans extremists are pushing their propaganda and it's being forced on mentally ill, vulnerable teens.

you can't change your gender. that's a fact. sorry it is. has been since the beginning of time. and it's actually science too. follow the science after all.

• Upvote 5