F1 Thread

N730

Watched the newest season (4) of "Drive to Survive" on Netflix yesterday.

Decent, but seemed to lack from previous seasons.  Maybe just too used to premise now.

Same editing to dramatized personal rivalries/team dynamics, etc.

But I still think Horner is an ass.  Even without the series.

First race is next weekend.  I'm interested to see the new regulation cars perform.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:08 AM, brickhistory said:

Watched the newest season (4) of "Drive to Survive" on Netflix yesterday.

Decent, but seemed to lack from previous seasons.  Maybe just too used to premise now.

Same editing to dramatized personal rivalries/team dynamics, etc.

But I still think Horner is an ass.  Even without the series.

First race is next weekend.  I'm interested to see the new regulation cars perform.

+1 on him being ass. Not opposed to more Ginger tho.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Watched the two practice rounds today to check out the new regulation cars.

Verdict:  hideously ugly.

I do like the 18" wheels/tires, but the shapes of the cars despite the variations in sidepods, are just not pleasing to the eye.  From the arrowhead front wing to the whale-tail rear wing, these are ugly cars.  I hope they allow for better racing.  If not, they gotta go.

Great to see Magnusson back in for Haas and Hulkenberg subbing for Vettel.  That must've been an interesting first drive for him today after arriving after midnight last night.

Excellent race today. Won’t spoil too much for those who haven’t seen it yet, but there will be some behind the scenes fireworks at Redbull & go Haas! Also, the prettiest cars got the best results. 

• Like 1

Excellent race today. Won’t spoil too much for those who haven’t seen it yet, but there will be some behind the scenes fireworks at Redbull & go Haas! Also, the prettiest cars got the best results. 

An actual active, place changing race across the board, finally.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think I’m in the minority here. I love the new cars. Wheels look like steely’s on a winter rally car, and the upgrade in tire size gives them an aggressive profile. The wing is meh. Merc really needs to get their aero/suspension tuned if they want to compete. Drivers are having their brains absolutely rattled with that porpoise. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, brickhistory said:

Why so?

Overall, I thought it a good race up and down the list.

Those pigs simply will not turn under braking.  Catching a few people out.

Repeat of race 1 with the DRS battle, except the yellow killed the flow. I know its racing…but Checo deserved the W. 

Edited by Standby

25 minutes ago, Standby said:

Repeat of race 1 with the DRS battle, except the yellow killed the flow. I know its racing…but Checo deserved the W. 

Agree Checo got hosed, but he’s not the first or the last to get screwed by a safety car. Unfortunately for him, the virtual safety car right after his pit happened at the worst possible time. His luck just couldn’t have been worse. But he’s a great driver in arguably the best car on the grid. He should have some more chances at the W this season. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Standby said:

Ah, understand now.

edited to add:  BTW, Haas in the points again, 2 for 2.  So suck it Mazipin...

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah, understand now.

edited to add:  BTW, Haas in the points again, 2 for 2.  So suck it Mazipin...

I mean with the inverse wind tunnel time allocation to constructor place, having mazespin was like tanking for a draft pick in a ball sport.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

Anyone doing Austin this year? I went last year and had some complaints, but the race was awesome. Going again this year.

If I was to go to the COTA, it would be for the MotoGP; but I'm not sure if it's worth the time/money/time spent standing in the Texas heat when I can sit at home and watch the race, drink my own beer, and enjoy the air conditioning! 😁

1 hour ago, M2 said:

If I was to go to the COTA, it would be for the MotoGP; but I'm not sure if it's worth the time/money/time spent standing in the Texas heat when I can sit at home and watch the race, drink my own beer, and enjoy the air conditioning! 😁

Fair, fair...we're paying for that their as well. Last year was turn 9 seats which were really good for cheap ones.