The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

which leads to the next question...why is the media focusing on the obvious hunter/joe corruption story NOW?

the friday WH press conference was WILD with mainstream reporters constantly asking previously "forbidden" questions about corruption.

so why are they being let off the leash now? because we all know the mainstream press is controlled and not independent.

i think joe biden has played the useful idiot for the democratic party/deep state and his usefulness is up.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

which leads to the next question...why is the media focusing on the obvious hunter/joe corruption story NOW?

the friday WH press conference was WILD with mainstream reporters constantly asking previously "forbidden" questions about corruption.

so why are they being let off the leash now? because we all know the mainstream press is controlled and not independent.

i think joe biden has played the useful idiot for the democratic party/deep state and his usefulness is up.

Because the Liberals control mainstream media and just like they did with the laptop, they are going to kick as much dirt as they can over the story to protect uncle Joe...retaining power is that important.  They same thing happens on this forum, folks are happy to bury their heads in the sand or call it fake rather than contemplate the implications of it being real.  Seriously, why wouldn't a person who has sworn an oath the Constitution, regardless of political ideology, at least want to know if the President is a criminal like his crackhead son. 

Even more details are being put together Hunter Biden-linked account received $5 million days after threatening messages: 'Sitting here with my father"

On Aug. 4, 2017, Chinese firm CEFC Infrastructure Investment wired $100,000 to Hunter Biden’s law firm Owasco, according to a 2020 report published by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Then, days later on Aug. 8, 2017, CEFC Infrastructure Investment sent $5 million to Hudson West III, a firm Hunter Biden opened with Chinese associates.

I guess the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is more Russian disinformation.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

That's what I've been wondering. Maybe the party has decided who they want to run against Desantis or Trump, and it ain't Joe. I suspect Newsom will be working behind the scenes to get this into the news, if it's as true as it seems to be.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Seriously, why wouldn't a person who has sworn an oath the Constitution, regardless of political ideology, at least want to know if the President is a criminal like his crackhead son. 

Crackhead is a little harsh… to crackheads lol.    Hunter is just a child, why can’t we just leave him alone?   Why isn’t Al Sharpton up in arms about another privileged white guy (Biden, Hunter or Joe it doesn’t matter which one) is getting off without any jail time, when there are over 100,000 black brothers locked up for less.  

• Like 1

Yet the recent Trump indictments have only increased his standing in the GOP polls. Just as the Dems want. Trump is the most likely to lose against the Dems, why is it so difficult for conservatives to see that!?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Can we all agree the next dude shouldn't be this guy.

Viral-Photo-of-Chris-Christie-Asleep-on-

chris-christie-plane.jpg

Looks like he's trying to smuggle a cat in his underpants. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Yea, pretty incredibly...normal!

With today's levels of polarization & general dissatisfaction, it's par for the course. Here's the running approval rating of every recent President at this stage in his presidency. If you didn't already know the results of their re-elect efforts, could you look at these graphs and tell who was reelected and who wasn't? Maybe, but maybe not!

image.thumb.png.598fcf8866688caeeb388ed63b82c3e8.png

• Trump - not reelected, decently close, Biden numbers are nearly identical, underperforming by half a point
  • Obama - reelected, decently close, Biden underperforming by 4.5 points
  • GWB - reelcted, decently close, Biden underperforming by 20 points
  • Clinton - reelcted, not that close (Perot a factor), Biden underperforming by 4.5 points
  • GHWB - not reelected, sorta close (Perot a factor), Biden underperforming by 28 points
  • Reagan - reelcted, massive landslide, Biden numbers are nearly identical, underperforming by 2 points

So yea...pretty hard to say this far out!

He's underrunning everyone until you get back to Carter, so that's not great, but very similar numbers to Trump who lost close yet also Reagan who won in a massive 49-state landslide, so a lot can happen obviously. GHWB was massively popular at this point and he lost. GWB was way above water and won, but it ended up being pretty close, etc.

The GOP nominee will matter a lot, to state the obvious. In general every sitting President is the favorite for reelect, and if it's a rerun of someone he beat previously, even more so. If the opponent nominee is someone new & dynamic (see Bill Clinton) I'd put that person as the slight favorite, pending real world events and the actual campaign.

13 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Ahhh no.  You are mixing approval rating with 68% of people thinking Biden is not mentally capable, HUGE freaking difference.

You beat me to it.  Nsplayr did one of his usual plays (no pun intended)—he tweaks his response just enough to suggest you’re wrong, but keeps it close enough that to the untrained eye it looks legit.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Ahhh no.  You are mixing approval rating with 68% of people thinking Biden is not mentally capable, HUGE freaking difference.

Sure, being perceived as too old and feeble to serve in the office you're running for isn't ideal. I would advise candidates to not get that reputation lol. Memo to Dianne Feinstein - retire you old hag!

I for one also think Biden is older than is ideal for such an important job, but we/he shit the bed picking Harris as the VP and based on her weakness, Uncle Joe has to let it ride one last time. But I will be voting for him over the likely Republican candidates, although y'all could surprise me and nominate someone great and with crossover appeal to Dems, but the way things look right now, I highly, highly doubt that will happen.

You go to war with the army you have, as one asshole once said. If Whitmer or Warnock or Buttigieg or Polis or Klobuchar wants to run and Biden bows out, freaking sign me up, I'll be working the phone banks when I'm not on orders. But I can't support Harris first and foremost because she won't win, so we're kinda stuck. I was cheekily in favor of a bank-shot move of appoint Harris to SCOTUS rather than Kentanji-Brown and put someone more politically viable in VP slot, but those kind House of Cards moves don't usually work out IRL.

BL: if the next election is perceived by the voting public as a referendum on Biden, he'll probably lose. If it's seen as a choice between Biden and Trump/DeSantis/etc., he is probably favored to win as an incumbent.

People can think of a candidate whatever they will, when there are two names on the ballot the only thing you have to do is get more votes than the other guy. Lots of people thought Trump was a huge a-hole in 2016 but also hated Clinton, and he won the voters who disliked both candidates and thus the election. He understood that as a candidate and spent more time making people hate her than trying to get moderates to love him and it worked.

As re-elect campaigns go, 2012 Obama successfully made it a choice between himself and Romney. Same with 2004 Bush and Kerry. 2020 was a referendum on Trump more so than everyone head-over-heels loving Biden, and he lost.

Those are the historical races most relevant to 2024, although we haven't had a back-to-back exact re-run since 1956 so there are some different dynamics there than 2004, 2012 or 2020.

Edited by nsplayr

14 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Sure, being perceived as too old and feeble to serve in the office you're running for isn't ideal. I would advise candidates to not get that reputation lol. Memo to Dianne Feinstein - retire you old hag!

"Isn't ideal"...bro, with spin like that and after the asswhooping the mainstream press put on KJP then Kirby during the press breifing today, you might want to apply for the Press Secretary job.  Both flat out refused to address the questions and Kirby after swooping in to save KJP, got so flustered he rage quit the press conference...talk about a bad optic.

I honestly think the mainstream press has decided to exit Joe stage right.  The are actually asking tough questions and dedicating actual airtime to discuss the investigation.  It sure looks like they are prepping him for an offramp so crazy Newsome

Combine above with the steady drip of details, and those details are not coming from Foxnews.  I was watching the Sky News from Australia today (I have a work trip coming up), when the news broke that they traced the financial records and discovered Hunter bought his dad a burner phone that Joe used WHILE HE WAS THE VP.  Hunter paid $300 a month for the ATT phone and purchased burner phone apps that allowed his to use one phone to create new/fake numbers for phone calls.  As always....follow the money!

Are you ready to acknowledge a Special Counsel should at least look and see if Joe is in fact the Big Guy and any wrongdoing occurred while he was VP?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

"Isn't ideal"...bro, with spin like that and after the asswhooping the mainstream press put on KJP then Kirby during the press breifing today, you might want to apply for the Press Secretary job.

Thank you, I'll consider it after I get that sweet, sweet TAFMS check 😂 Actually no, because mouthpiece I mean press secretary is a terrible, thankless job and I've already been the mouthpiece at SERE with predictable results ::slap!:: 

I honestly think the mainstream press has decided to exit Joe stage right.  The are actually asking tough questions and dedicating actual airtime to discuss the investigation.  It sure looks like they are prepping him for an offramp so crazy Newsome

I think you trailed off there, need to up the dose the Geritol again 🥃 

But I think I know where you were going, and I just don't think that's likely. I also think I know Dem politics better than most around here, but then again I've been wrong once or twice before and I'm open to it happening again!

If Diamond Joe steps down, Harris hand waive hand waive disappears and somehow Newsome of all people is the 2024 Dem nominee, I'll send ya a bottle of something decent. Care to make a bet on it being Biden? You certainly have more money to blow on stupid bets than I do!

I was watching the Sky News from Australia today...

Well I spend 0.0 minutes watching cable news per week on average, so you'd have to tell me. Then again, bringing up Sky News as something fundamentally different than Fox News when it was also started by Rupert Murdoch...lol ok.

Are you ready to acknowledge a Special Counsel should at least look and see if Joe is in fact the Big Guy and any wrongdoing occurred while he was VP?

If the facts support that then sure, investigate away! Investigating a sitting President is harder than a typical case, but certainly not without recent precedent!

I can't say this enough times, if y'all want a broad prosecution of white collar, politically connected criminals: Your. Terms. Are. Acceptable.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

It is a sweet irony when one mocks a typo with two of their own.  I'm old, what's your excuse?  Perhaps it is you that needs the meds...just sayin.  🥃

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

If Diamond Joe steps down, Harris hand waive hand waive disappears

I trailed off and you are repeating.

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

If the facts support than then sure, investigate away!

You ok bro?  You are starting to sound like your boy Diamond Joe with the mumbling.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

It is a sweet irony when one mocks a typo with two of their own.  I'm old, what's your excuse?  Perhaps it is you that needs the meds...just sayin.  🥃

I trailed off and you are repeating.

You ok bro?  You are starting to sound like your boy Diamond Joe with the mumbling.

First one is intentional, second one wasn't 😁 If you wanna make Harris magically go away you're gonna need 2x handwaives, bare minimum.

And yea, I'll take my meds in the form of tequila please 🇲🇽

On 6/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, brabus said:

Yet the recent Trump indictments have only increased his standing in the GOP polls. Just as the Dems want. Trump is the most likely to lose against the Dems, why is it so difficult for conservatives to see that!?

Because it's a team sport now for conservatives, as it has been for Democrats since Obama. And in team sports, your team can do no wrong....

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Because it's a team sport now for conservatives, as it has been for Democrats since Obama. And in team sports, your team can do no wrong....

I’d say it’s more of an “ideological” sport vs team sport.  Case in point:  Joe Biden in 2024 and Trump in 2020.  If you’re left of center you’re going to vote for Biden in 2024 because he’s much more likely to support your ideology than his opponent, and a primary only weaker the Dem party/ideological cause.  Just as in 2020, you might have not been able to stand Trump personally, but if you’re right of center you were going to vote for Trump over Biden.  Very little of the vote (percentage wise) is truly up for grabs…though in swing states/tight races it definitely can affect the outcome.  So in reality, it’s mostly about turn out, and with going further and further away from needing to stand in line on Election Day to pull the lever, it’s only gotten easier to vote (even though progressives want us to think it’s the 1950s again wrt keeping minorities from voting).  So if only around 30% of country are truly a MAGA/love Trump type person and around 30% are vote for the progressive candidate (in this case Biden) no matter what…that leaves the rest down to motivating your side to vote and turning as much as the other side sour against their candidate as possible.

BL: Very little of the vote is up for grab regardless of the candidate, and ideology is ruling the day.  Hence why the two parties have only gone further left and further right.  And if you look at the way the country has been moving culturally the last 10-20 years, it’s not favoring the GOP.  Not saying it’s a good thing, it’s just the truth.

I know most people have probably seen this video.   But, how can this lying piece of shit be the our President?   Because Americans are too stupid to put aside political party pride to elect decent humans into power.   We're fucked as a country.  There is no coming back from the madness.  How can anyone defend the blatant lying?   If our president is this bad, I don’t imagine all of the other politicians are much better.  Quit being an idiot who's soley devoted to one party.  Do research on candidates before you vote.  Use your mind to think for yourself, not to agree with politicians and their beautiful words.  Im sick of only having the option to vote for incompetent liars.   How do we fix this?  

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

How do we fix this?  

For starters, get involved in the primaries and donate to the candidate you want to win.  Unfortunately, there are bigger pockets with more cash than you and if they want a senile dementia addled octogenarian"Weekend At Bernies" style puppet or Super Ego Centric Orange Man in charge, you've got a huge uphill fight.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

…Unfortunately, there are bigger pockets with more cash than you and if they want a senile dementia addled octogenarian"Weekend At Bernies" style puppet or Super Ego Centric Orange Man in charge, you've got a huge uphill fight.

If we the people can’t be represented without access to millions of dollars, then it’s broke.   Look at who we get for presidential candidates, senators, judges and etc…   It’s broke.   Liars who can’t pass a budget while making useless laws and dabbling with inside trading, that’s what’s occupying the seats set aside for leading this nation.  

We really need term limits for Congress.  I think this would help.   But it will be really hard to convince the people who have the power change this, to act.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

We really need term limits for Congress.  I think this would help.   But it will be really hard to convince the people who have the power change this, to act.  

Term limits seem like an easy fix, but much like the 17th Amendment, the devil is in the details.

Just term limiting congress-critters would power shift further toward entrenched bureaucrats.  Not necessarily a positive outcome.