The Mother of all CGOCs

ThreeHoler

Thanks for the heads up. Let me go ahead and put "Changing the system" at the top of my To-Do list so I can then do it right.

Here's what I meant by "you're doing it wrong" since you're so fucking thick-headed that you take leave to do work-related activities: have the scheduler block you out for "testing" or "ground duties" or whatever floats your boat to indicate that you are doing job-related ground activities. Don't take leave to do work like a jackass.

• Upvote 5

Here's what I meant by "you're doing it wrong" since you're so fucking thick-headed that you take leave to do work-related activities: have the scheduler block you out for "testing" or "ground duties" or whatever floats your boat to indicate that you are doing job-related ground activities. Don't take leave to do work like a jackass.

And then said scheduler will simply unblock you out when they need to fill a line. I had this happen three times in a row on my 3rd SOS test all within the space of a month. You guys act like G2 and PEX are the inviolable word of God. Some guys are stuck in shitty squadrons and do what they have to do.

• Upvote 1

And then said scheduler will simply unblock you out when they need to fill a line. I had this happen three times in a row on my 3rd SOS test all within the space of a month. You guys act like G2 and PEX are the inviolable word of God. Some guys are stuck in shitty squadrons and do what they have to do.

What do they do to fill the line when your on leave? Call you back? Deny it in the first place? Or do they leave the line empty 'cause you are taking leave which makes you untouchable? Rainman's pithy comment is correct.

That would be correct.

You must have a shit ton of use/lose to burn through If you're getting denied/called back this often.. You cancel your leave when you get called in right? You make them actually deny it, correct? Do you take it up your chain when it's denied repeatedly?

Right vs Privilege and all that.

Should you just be getting called in you can just do what someone less AF-motivated would do. Go "camping/fishing/hunting" where there's no reception.

You're that indispensable the Sq can't go 3 days w/o you? :nob:

Creech CGOs,

Until now, Creech AFB has not had a formal organization to support Company Grade Officers. We are officially establishing a new venue to focus on investing in our community and our peer group.

The Company Grade Officer Council (CGOC) exists for personal and professional development, community service and professional networking.

A CGOC provides an opportunity for officers, like yourself, to obtain an informal audience with Leadership at all levels of the Wing. It will provide us a forum where we can present thoughts, ideas, and concerns for our base and military community.

Once the framework for our CGOC is established we will hold nominations and elections for a variety of leadership positions. If you are interested in steering the direction of this inaugural council, please contact me for areas we need initial support.

Keep an eye out for the next email with regards to our first organizational meeting in the future.

We look forward to your participation and input.

2d Lt Kick Me

432 OSS

Creech AFB

You're right; we didn't have one and the war on terror was going just fine. WTF?

You're that indispensable the Sq can't go 3 days w/o you? :nob:

No one should be that indispensable. So what happens when you PCS/separate/die/go AWOL? Do we just throw our hands in the air and give up? This isn’t meant as a slam on you, but a comment on poor management/leadership that allows a culture of “only Snuffy can do that” to even exist. Well, what happens when Snuffy CAN’T for reasons beyond his or anyone else’s control? What 'cha do then, cause ya can't call Ghostbusters?

EDIT: Had ot adjust micro font to some thing old guys can read without glasses and/or longer arms.

Edited by Stitch

Yes, but seeing its Costco ya gotta buy a twin pack of 55 gal drums. But at least its shrink wrapped on a pallet for easy transport.

Good thing you've got the close parking. Your ramp assisted van shouldn't have any problems with that. :thumbsup:

Good thing you've got the close parking. Your ramp assisted van shouldn't have any problems with that. :thumbsup:

Yes, always an open parking spot and the easy access to the food with the hot dog/drink combo for a buck fifty (those of us on a fixed income really need that deal) is the icing on the cake. Now you kids get off my damn lawn! :beer:

• 1 month later...

From the latest newsletter:"Last year, these issues were addressed by the council and ranked as highly important to CGOs:

Uniform changes"

Uniform changes in USAF = Texas weather: you don't like it, wait five minutes and it will change.

Edited by VCQ09

Another WTF...the winner of the AF-CGO of the year, "individually dedicating over 1500 volunteer hours and completing a master’s degree." Even if she volunteered EVERY single day of the year, that would still require more than four hours a day. I don't know what kind of job has that much free time, but it must be nice.

• Upvote 1

Another WTF...the winner of the AF-CGO of the year, "individually dedicating over 1500 volunteer hours and completing a master’s degree." Even if she volunteered EVERY single day of the year, that would still require more than four hours a day. I don't know what kind of job has that much free time, but it must be nice.

I have to admit I know a few people that actually spend their downtime doing such service projects 24/7 (it seems), so I'm saying it's impossible: 8+ hours on Sat & Sun + 2 hours each weekday equals about the same. Still, it sounds dubious and it makes me question why this person is CGO of the year if their lead bullet is that they did something other than AF-related activities.

How does she not have the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, which unofficially requires 250 hours of work? Hell, she should have 5 OLCs on that thing.

The TTP handbook link made me want to vomit when I read "Shake your moneymaker" on page six. I hate the faction of the military that is for this type of stuff. I'm all for community service, but I'm calling BS on the hours reported. We had a guy in one of my former squadrons claim a certain number of community service hours for an annual award. When you broke it down, he would have had to volunteer 4+ hours everyday of the year.

Hopefully, they walked away with a sense of what the AF actually does as its mission and the amount of work it takes to even be labeled CMR.

I'm betting RAM DUMP was activated for 99% of them before they even left the room. That's been my experience with these types at verifications. A few verifications ago I'm walking out and hear a small group talking about how they couldn't wait to get out of there...I wish I could say unbelievable, but it's really not.

Edited by brabus