What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

070919-F-7672L-001.thumb.jpeg.8293a4c8dfde229813d4c5c47ab4aa4d.jpeg

Edit: Special Ops Fighter Pilot Lieutenant Norris, after his first combat sortie. 

Chuck Prof Advanced from B Course T-1 sortie to WIC grad DG - Risner Winner in one flight.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

As I recall that was his first FTU sortie power-up, yes? Not even taxied yet!

21 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Chuck Prof Advanced from B Course T-1 sortie to WIC grad DG - Risner Winner in one flight.

He only touched the "stick" with his mind because, Chuck don't touch other Hogs' sticks.  

Edited by Biff_T
I tried to use a more complete sentence.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, gearhog said:
19 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Anyone know the story behind this pic?

IMG_1261.jpeg

Are you referred to the tan line and four big bolts or the kill markings?

On 5/18/2024 at 8:02 AM, Swizzle said:

Ever any boats or other watercraft silhouetted?

And guess our Navy marks their boat's with Battle Stars (or Es) instead of silhouettes. 

Fast forward to 35 min.

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2024 at 6:18 PM, HeyEng said:

Good discussion but depressing news.  Thinking about it a bit maybe the future of the ARC fighter and potentially other communities is to be not exactly the same capabilities as the AD but relevant capabilities kept at a simmer economically to retain the surge / reserve capacity needed if the ballon goes up.

That is we need x capability but are willing / have to accept risk by equipping ARC units with light multi role fighters / platforms that we can afford in the total cost of ownership and train / operate with.

This capability would be a force (25 ARC fighter Wings) that fly a multi role platform(s) but specialize in mission sets (8 Wings A2A, 8 Wings Attack, etc…)

Less capability but relevant with the benefit of accessible, scalable mass 

Kinda the ARC returning to a semi-strategic capability but not when they were flying aircraft 2 generations behind AD

A mix of FA-50s, Gripens, maybe a modernized A-4, etc… 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 2:07 PM, arg said:

Fast forward to 35 min.

Damn ARG...got me all misty eyed and verklempt...I don't miss the AF but I do miss this.

7 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Damn ARG...got me all misty eyed and verklempt...I don't miss the AF but I do miss this.

Wish I could've sent the smell over the interwebs

12 minutes ago, arg said:

Wish I could've sent the smell over the interwebs

The first time I shot the 20MM's...smoke came up the flight deck and wrapped around the HUD...Murica!

• Like 4

On 5/23/2024 at 12:07 PM, arg said:

Fast forward to 35 min.

Oooooohhhhhhhh.   Direct hit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, viperdriver1313 said:

IMG_4159.thumb.png.1a1a9c64158b33b27d601a2f104c228f.pngI’m sure this will definitely help retention.

Should give something for the Chiefs Group to do, out here deployed they are an essentially having an OPT on base uniform wear. A fellow CC said it best: “if this is what we are focusing on while Iran is lobbing drones overhead, then we must be getting everything else right. If not, shame on us.” 

• Upvote 4

Hey chief, this is an easy fix, change the AFI to allow awesome mustaches and we’ll stop having “problems.” Fucking chiefs, do I have to do everything for these retards! (No offense to the awesome chiefs that comprise 0.0069% of the ranks…and are probably all in the guard).

Edited by brabus
  • Haha 1

But shaving waivers are abundant, and that’s cool…and last I saw, some of these guys don’t just have a super thin beard (ie can’t take a razor directly to their skin) but rather a thick beard.  They only get upset at the people they are now allowed yo get upset with in today’s culture.

Identify as a trans-Muslim.  You could probably get away with any hairstyle you want.