Latest Movies

B*D*A

6 hours ago, di1630 said:

Any Napoleon reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Yeah. It’s long. 

and it’s the equivalent of a high school essay titled “Everything napoleon did ever” but set to film.  

visually … Joaquin looks like napoleon … but the voice just killed it. It’s like a super lazy hint of a New Jersey accent. And he narrates. Absolutely killed the film for me. 

catch it in streaming later. 

I predict a flop. 

1 star….maybe 

Edited by HossHarris

On 11/25/2023 at 7:03 AM, HossHarris said:

Yeah. It’s long. 

and it’s the equivalent of a high school essay titled “Everything napoleon did ever” but set to film.  

visually … Joaquin looks like napoleon … but the voice just killed it. It’s like a super lazy hint of a New Jersey accent. And he narrates. Absolutely killed the film for me. 

catch it in streaming later. 

I predict a flop. 

1 star….maybe 

https://variety.com/2023/film/columns/joaquin-phoenix-and-his-one-man-cult-of-depressive-method-acting-vanity-napoleon-1235808410/amp/

This is a great critique of Phoenix. Everytime a movie goes fishing for an Oscar, it backfires. And often it doesn't even get the award. There Will Be Blood is my favorite example of this.

Edited by Lord Ratner

On 11/25/2023 at 7:39 AM, O Face said:

There’s really only ever been 1 movie and 1 actor to perfectly portray Napoleon; to move us all to tears through a truly incredible performance…IMG_4546.jpeg.4a15ee70d97a34bc5e8f9a3c1e962e1e.jpegimage.gif.988a0249dbb3831e275a98a229d20a1e.gif

Ziggy Piggy!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of Magical Negroes. I'm laughing.   This has to be a comedy.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s good, but some of the CGI is surprisingly BAD.  Far worse than miniature work would’ve been.  Surprising they let it air like that, but the stories aren’t the planes, it’s the people and characters. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

It’s good, but some of the CGI is surprisingly BAD.  Far worse than miniature work would’ve been.  Surprising they let it air like that, but the stories aren’t the planes, it’s the people and characters. 

Look, Apple is only worth $3 trillion dollars, they can't afford world-class CGI here folks, come one!

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:53 AM, wikz said:

https://whdh.com/news/top-gun-3-in-early-development-with-tom-cruise-at-paramount/

I guess the navy didn't get enough recruits.

not sure how I feel about this. the revitalization of Top Gun with Top Gun: Maverick was amazing, but I just hope that it doesn't turn into one of those series that progressively becomes shit with the more movies they put out. 

You do know he died when hs X plane disintegrated, right?  The rest is a dream sequence.  TG #3 will be like Archer, seasons 8-10.

• Upvote 1

I saw "Leave the World Behind".  Its an entertaining movie, even knowing the Obamas helped produce it.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:22 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

You do know he died when hs X plane disintegrated, right?  The rest is a dream sequence.  TG #3 will be like Archer, seasons 8-10.

WHAT? Maverick never dies!!!😡

I have yet to see archer though. is that a good or bad thing that it will end up like seasons 8-10?

12 hours ago, wikz said:

WHAT? Maverick never dies!!!😡

I have yet to see archer though. is that a good or bad thing that it will end up like seasons 8-10?

Those Archer seasons are all dreams.  End of season 7 he ends up in a coma.  Which gave the writers a super wide berth to make up some funny shit.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:19 PM, Clayton Bigsby said:

3 episodes in now and agreed that CGI is terrible.  However, I love the series from a historical point of view.  It's telling the story of what these young men went through and it's certainly about the personal experience.  I dig it, mainly because I'm just a WW2 nerd, but I certainly understand some may be turned off by CGI.  

On 2/1/2024 at 10:12 AM, Biff_T said:

I saw "Leave the World Behind".  Its an entertaining movie, even knowing the Obamas helped produce it.

It was terrible.  come on man.  doesn't matter who made it.  

2 hours ago, SocialD said:

3 episodes in now and agreed that CGI is terrible.  However, I love the series from a historical point of view.  It's telling the story of what these young men went through and it's certainly about the personal experience.  I dig it, mainly because I'm just a WW2 nerd, but I certainly understand some may be turned off by CGI.  

Educational for a lot of folks too.  I think very few folks realize the price paid by bomber crews in the big one.  

Apparently the show is very historically accurate in terms of what airplanes were shot down and when. Very interesting.

I never really made the connection until I read Robin Olds' book "Fighter Pilot" when he talks about the bravery of bomber crews for not being able to maneuver like he could in the P-38/P-51. Another story from the same time about a guy who flew fighters with him that he could hear crying in his room after missions and he thought he was a coward but then realized how he was actually braver than Robin because he had that amount of fear and still went out every day. He was eventually killed. Truly amazing stories from the USAAF in Europe (not to mention the USN/USMC in the Pacific).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

Apparently the show is very historically accurate in terms of what airplanes were shot down and when. Very interesting.

I never really made the connection until I read Robin Olds' book "Fighter Pilot" when he talks about the bravery of bomber crews for not being able to maneuver like he could in the P-38/P-51. Another story from the same time about a guy who flew fighters with him that he could hear crying in his room after missions and he thought he was a coward but then realized how he was actually braver than Robin because he had that amount of fear and still went out every day. He was eventually killed. Truly amazing stories from the USAAF in Europe (not to mention the USN/USMC in the Pacific).

I think there will be a red tails showing later when the mustangs show up in theatre