WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

• 2 weeks later...

'SEAL Team' Writer Sues CBS, Paramount for Hiring Discrimination Against Being Straight, Male and White

"SEAL Team" script coordinator and freelance scriptwriter Brian Beneker sued CBS and its parent company Paramount Global, accusing them of racial discrimination against straight, white men.

In a legal document filed Thursday in California federal court and obtained by TheWrap, Beneker said he filed the lawsuit because the companies "repeatedly" discriminated against him by "denying him employment and extending job opportunities to him based on his race, sex and sexual orientation in favor of less qualified applicants who were members of preferred groups."

Beneker, who identifies as a "white, heterosexual male," explained that he's been consistently writing episodes for "SEAL Team" and was denied a staff writer position with the show at a time when there were job openings available. The suit goes on to say that CBS and Paramount hired and promoted "favored" "nonwhite," "LGBTQ" or "female" writers, despite those writers lacking "experience and screenwriting credits"...

Of course, being gay would help develop plots (STS)...

You know, it's getting so cliche in shows/flick when 2 male characters that have zero developed back story and no stereotype behaviors, all of the sudden just start macking and sexing.  Today, I'm shocked if it turns out all the dudes in a show are just regular joes.

Southpark nailed that shit with their Disney Woke Pandaverse episode.

• Upvote 1

They rescinded it a few days later after it made the public 🙂

I go to a giant VA center for my care.  The average age is about 65 years old.  I can just imagine some poor worker taking down that photo in front of a few of them and explaining why.  

Edited by uhhello

3 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

You know, it's getting so cliche in shows/flick when 2 male characters that have zero developed back story and no stereotype behaviors, all of the sudden just start macking and sexing.  Today, I'm shocked if it turns out all the dudes in a show are just regular joes.

Southpark nailed that shit with their Disney Woke Pandaverse episode.

Did you watch “The Last of Us” on HBO?  There was a love story episode of two dudes, an episode of a blissful/thriving town where everyone is happy and working together (during the apocalypse) who were self proclaimed communists, and the only show focusing on religion was about a self proclaimed white Christian/pastor who raped juvenile women and who also had no problem killing people in his town for food (cannibalism).

And if you’re a fan of the show “Fargo” on FX/Hulu, the last season was very much trying to depict that if you’re a white guy, you’re most likely either silly, dumb, weak, or extremely abusive and violent, and that the bad people are the local Sheriff’s department.  Oh and the local abusive Sheriff believes in small government, helps arm their local militia, and are also Christian Trump supporters…and that the Feds are always the good people and women are the smart/tough ones and the heroes.

I’m so glad that Hollywood isn’t trying to push an agenda.

• Like 2

Do the types of people who do this genuinely think they are helping the cause with moves like this? Not too long ago it was just about “equality” and now…sheesh. 

5 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Do the types of people who do this genuinely think they are helping the cause with moves like this? Not too long ago it was just about “equality” and now…sheesh. 

I've wondered the same thing.  I've also considered that these people go through life in a constant state of self induced misery and want to drag down rest of humanity to join them in that pit of unhappiness.  Or possibly, they have imagined themselves marginalized and must extract revenge on their perceived oppressors.  Maybe both.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

I've wondered the same thing.  I've also considered that these people go through life in a constant state of self induced misery and want to drag down rest of humanity to join them in that pit of unhappiness.  Or possibly, they have imagined themselves marginalized and must extract revenge on their perceived oppressors.  Maybe both.

Are we just talking about the random people who make these movies and shows?

I think overwhelmingly the people involved with these movements are not true believers, they're just regular people, slightly below average in intellect and well below average on the assertiveness scale, who just look for a movement or ideal to attach to and do so. They were never "social justice warriors" when it was risky or uncomfortable to be one (pre-1960), but now you get all sorts of "likes" and back-patting for changing your profile picture to a black square, so that's what some of the sheep are doing now, including writing shitty TV episodes that are "woke."

The right has them too. They are very conservative now that conservatism means nothing in the Big-R Republican party. Cut spending? Yeah sure, but not any of the spending people are actually used to (SS, Medicare, Medicaid, military). Pro police? Hell yeah! But don't raise my taxes to fund them. Get rid of the homeless? Finally! But I'm not going to support government funded mental asylums to house them...

It's also why I don't see a real civil war in the US anytime remotely soon. Most of the most vocal partisans will vaporize the moment their beliefs and positions put them at risk.

I was seduced into the ideology.

I didn't realize what "the leaders" really meant!

*I'm* the victim of a cult.

I never really believed that in the first place!

More likely we will be pulled into a World War of sorts, and the deaths of our young will have a focusing effect on the population. After the first couple judges or politicians or activists are beaten to death in the street for saying something stupid, the rest will fall in line quickly and without protest. That's just what sheep do.

I'm not looking forward to it, but there will be some silver linings.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I think overwhelmingly the people involved with these movements are not true believers, they're just regular people, slightly below average in intellect and well below average on the assertiveness scale, who just look for a movement or ideal to attach to and do so.

An understandable hypothesis, but not so fast...

"I would rather be governed by the first 1000 people listed in the telephone directory, than by the Harvard University faculty."  -Wm F. Buckley

What on earth was he getting at?  Examining one of the most vivid examples, take a look at the rise (and fall) of the Third Reich.  The thought leaders driving that movement weren't the disenfranchised plebes, not by a long shot: it was the intelligentsia, the intellectual elite, PhDs, professors, doctors, lawyers--they were the ones nodding along to the rail cars, "showers", and brutal empire building.

Same thing is germinating today, on University campuses, hospital systems, corporate governing boards.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, di1630 said:

IMG_9402.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

She or He (not sure what to call it) looks like a young Jabba the Hutt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BFM this said:

An understandable hypothesis, but not so fast...

"I would rather be governed by the first 1000 people listed in the telephone directory, than by the Harvard University faculty."  -Wm F. Buckley

What on earth was he getting at?  Examining one of the most vivid examples, take a look at the rise (and fall) of the Third Reich.  The thought leaders driving that movement weren't the disenfranchised plebes, not by a long shot: it was the intelligentsia, the intellectual elite, PhDs, professors, doctors, lawyers--they were the ones nodding along to the rail cars, "showers", and brutal empire building.

Same thing is germinating today, on University campuses, hospital systems, corporate governing boards.

Yeah except for fundamentally there's a key difference. The universities are teaching the citizenship that they themselves are the enemy of the cause.

The third Reich did not teach that german-born German citizens were the fundamental roadblock to Utopia. They picked a minority internal demographic, and larger external demographics to villainize.

The force of the modern progressive movement in America, for better or worse, is fueled by well-off white liberals. They will happily preach and post about an ideology that paints themselves as victimizers, oppressors, and tyrants, so long is nothing actually comes of it. "Virtue signaling" is the most appropriate term.

However if that glorious day comes that the progressive movement is ready to act on their nonsense, it will require the sacrifice of it's largest support base.

Not going to happen. All those upper middle class, well-to-do white ladies are Republicans the day the revolution starts. And half of their husbands who provide for their privileged lives by exploiting the evils of capitalisms are already silent conservatives; they just have no inclination to scream about politics with their ignorant partners.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

One problem with assuming that it isn't going to happen is the baseline assumption that removing the support from the bottom of the structure will make it all topple down.  Once a movement gets started, it can grow capable of sustaining itself.  And the "oppressed" minorities will soon be the majority.  A 51% even spread of voters can do whatever they want.

Yeah except for fundamentally there's a key difference. The universities are teaching the citizenship that they themselves are the enemy of the cause.

The third Reich did not teach that german-born German citizens were the fundamental roadblock to Utopia. They picked a minority internal demographic, and larger external demographics to villainize.

The force of the modern progressive movement in America, for better or worse, is fueled by well-off white liberals. They will happily preach and post about an ideology that paints themselves as victimizers, oppressors, and tyrants, so long is nothing actually comes of it. "Virtue signaling" is the most appropriate term.

However if that glorious day comes that the progressive movement is ready to act on their nonsense, it will require the sacrifice of it's largest support base.

Not going to happen. All those upper middle class, well-to-do white ladies are Republicans the day the revolution starts. And half of their husbands who provide for their privileged lives by exploiting the evils of capitalisms are already silent conservatives; they just have no inclination to scream about politics with their ignorant partners.

Our bored, spoiled, decadent, hypocritical elites are weather vanes
If the world / our countries turn expect them to switch their allegiances quickly

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submission_(novel

Satirical novel but plausible given the modern lefts maniacal myopia for power over the traditional right coupled with willful delusion about working with the enemy of civilization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is also amazing that a people group that is apparently under constant genocide by a nation-state with a relatively decent military somehow grows in population.  Maybe the meaning of the word genocide has changed since I went to school.

• Like 2

Genocide, man , woman, peaceful demonstration, border control....... Yep, definitions keep changing.  I'm wondering if I need to start using Google Translate for what I thought was the English language. Maybe English 10 years ago to current English.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Genocide, man , woman, peaceful demonstration, border control....... Yep, definitions keep changing.  I'm wondering if I need to start using Google Translate for what I thought was the English language. Maybe English 10 years ago to current English.

Google is in on it as well.  

I'm not sure the wokes (intentionally plural) know what they want.   They appear to spout nonsense just to make normal humans mad.  Like children.  It's complete insanity to believe what they're pushing.  History will not be kind to them.  They are a cult of fat chicks.  Nothing more.  

• Like 1