Blues on Monday

okienav

He's shielded the flying squadrons from base-wide uniform shenanigans in November. He definately earned some points in my book for that.

FWIW, I've never worn blues as a student or an instructor at Vance, and only recently did anyone come down really hard on Friday patches, morale patches, etc. The last crop of wing leadership was a good bunch, IMO.

He seemed like a great guy, idk if it was ultimately his decision (that was what I was told, but we also got a new wing king at the same time) but I was TDY off and on from the time he took over till I PCS'd so I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on. Yeah I remember hearing about the Friday patches, did T-6 guys loose all their patches? Care to elaborate on the shenanigans?

+1 on the prior leadership, some great leaders and exemplary role models for the younger guys, I can't count how many times Col. Mack stopped me and other studs in the squadron hallways just to ask how we were doing.

• 2 weeks later...
“Unlike the utility uniform, the service uniforms are form fitting, and this characteristic provides leaders with an opportunity to frequently evaluate the personal appearance of their Marines without inducing a work stoppage,” said Sgt. Maj. Michael E. Sprague, senior enlisted advisor for Force Headquarters Group, Marine Forces Reserve.

Bahahahahhahaahaha!!!! Standing by for DADT jokes.

EASYCOM will still be rocking the blues.

Disregard.

From the office of the [COCOM] Chief of Staff:

Beginning 7 January 2013, the new Monday UOD will be Warrior Dress.

Anybody know where I can buy a Warrior Dress?

Edited by Spoo

Looks like the Marines are getting on board!

http://www.marforres...ery-friday.aspx

This is almost non-news. Its been almost 10 years but... Most units I was in (it was left to the unit-level leadership, who often delegated it down to the shop) had a policy of service uniforms on Fridays. For us, it became the day when the shop would go to lunch out in town together, as the Corps was draconian on it's policy of any untility uniform worn off base.

So...SOS no longer has Blues Mondays.

Holy shit! That's one of the last places I would ever expect to get rid of Blues Monday. So one of the shoe meccas drops this, but others don't...WTFO. Oh well, good on them and I'm glad even that place has shown some common sense.

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I think Welsh couldn't have done it better to show just how BAD of a policy Blues Monday was. If he had just come out and unilaterally said "no mas" for it, it could have been painted as his opinion vs Skeletor II's. Instead he set it up so each individual unit had the option of what to do, knowing full well that at every level of command the bad policy would be rejected. Well played indeed!

• Upvote 2

You know, I think Welsh couldn't have done it better to show just how BAD of a policy Blues Monday was.

I agree with your overall point, but I also still agree with Spoo's point about how he "announced" it in the context of "Well, *I* never made such a policy...," implying that any previous CSAF policy not explicitly cited by an incoming CSAF is void.... That was an uncharacteristically wishy-washy move.

• Upvote 1

I agree with your overall point, but I also still agree with Spoo's point about how he "announced" it in the context of "Well, *I* never made such a policy...," implying that any previous CSAF policy not explicitly cited by an incoming CSAF is void.... That was an uncharacteristically wishy-washy move.

True, but that is a slippery slope. Does this mean that each incoming CSAF needs to re-validate every single AFI out there? Is 11-202v3 null and void after a change of command until the incoming CSAF blesses it? I agree that it could have been worded more directly, but I also don't think that you should read THAT deeply into it.

EDIT: I would have LOVED for this to be the case, and to have the PT reg slip through the cracks. I really wish Welsh would address the joke that is the AF PT program. Killing the FAC was a good first step, but this idiotic emphasis on PT needs to go away. (yes, I am a fatass).

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite
  • Upvote 1