Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

So they wait until the 9th month of the FY to roll out the bonus, it's out for like 3 minutes and then they shut'er down....you can't make this shit up.  Listen up young punks, this is what your leadership thinks of you, and I'm not just talking leaders in a military uniform. 

What do I expect them to do?  The same shit they expect me to do when they give me a TDY/Mission/task and only give me half the budget to accomplish it...figure it the fuck out!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

DOD can't pass an audit to save their lives, now this happy horsesh!t, Lockmart always gets its money though... and they still have the temerity of accusing my dual-vet household of sabotaging their recruitment efforts by steering our kids away from military service. Un.f^kin.real.

USAF takes run the clock offense to the Olympic Gold level. 

Im Not Even Mad Thats Amazing GIF - Im Not Even Mad Thats ... 

🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3

On 7/8/2023 at 10:19 AM, General Chang said:

It’s time for the Air Force to cut loose any ideas of retention, drop the bonus to $0, and focus on growing our way forward.  You only need one-two gray beards at the top to run a flying squadron.  The rest can be O-3 and below.  Higher risk?  Sure, a little.  Push people through UPT in 6-months, FTUs in 2 months, double the output, and GROW our AF out of the pilot shortage.  Retention is a useless fight at this point.  Drop the bonus to $0.  We will be just fine.

Looks like they took your advice, Chang. That next star is in sight!

On 7/12/2023 at 6:06 AM, pawnman said:

Looks like they took your advice, Chang. That next star is in sight!

I sure hope so.  I deserve the extra money that another star would provide.

I will say this: for all of you complainers out there:  seriously?  You are complaining Uncle Sam took away your pittance $50K/yr to sign your life away for the next 12 years?  Get over yourselves you premadonna punks!  Get out of my Air Force and go make your money elsewhere.  We don’t need you, and we don’t want you.  But please, for the love of Pete, stop complaining about missing out on table scraps.  It’s so unbecoming of an officer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, General Chang said:

I will say this: for all of you complainers out there:  seriously?  You are complaining Uncle Sam took away your pittance $50K/yr to sign your life away for the next 12 years?  Get over yourselves you premadonna punks!  Get out of my Air Force and go make your money elsewhere.  We don’t need you, and we don’t want you.  But please, for the love of Pete, stop complaining about missing out on table scraps.  It’s so unbecoming of an officer.

I know you're trolling, but the bolded line is perfectly timed!  Well done.  LOL.

Edited by SocialD
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, bad_timing said:

I have an ADSC out to 20 years. I was planning on signing the bonus today. I logged in this morning to see that the window closed at 1630 CDT last night. "Surprise, fvcker!"

My UPT ADSC is up soon and I could've been free from these games. I regret choosing to stay in the AF.

Sorry but your name is very ironic based on your post. 

On 7/16/2023 at 12:27 AM, General Chang said:

This

On 7/16/2023 at 12:27 AM, General Chang said:

Dude, you are more full of shit than a Christmas goose.

Don’t hurt your arm grabbing for that whopping pay raise.  $2-3k a month difference from 1 star to 4 star.  YGBSM.  That’s like…one extra premium pay day at the airline. Might have 2 hours of block time.  This isn’t the flex you think it is.

I do agree about the bonus complaints. Not offering a bonus will save a lot of bros from themselves.  Run fellas, run!!

Edited by Bergman

On 7/17/2023 at 10:45 PM, Bergman said:

Don’t hurt your arm grabbing for that whopping pay raise.  $2-3k a month difference from 1 star to 4 star.  YGBSM.  That’s like…one extra premium pay day at the airline. Might have 2 hours of block time.  This isn’t the flex you think it is.

I do agree about the bonus complaints. Not offering a bonus will save a lot of bros from themselves.  Run fellas, run!!

chang is one of the best posters we have on this site and a look behind the curtain at the GO level.

On 7/17/2023 at 11:45 PM, Bergman said:

It's all about the retirement pay.

https://www.govexec.com/defense/2012/02/top-generals-admirals-can-make-more-retirement-active-duty-report-shows/41089/

15 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

chang is one of the best posters we have on this site and a look behind the curtain at the GO level.

Not sure if joking.  I’ve been off on other adventures for a while now so just getting back to BOps….not sure I’ve seen anything from Chang lately that convinced me he is actually a GO.  Pretty sure I wouldn’t be all that impressed if he actually is, as I’m somewhat cynical of most GOs these days based on my first-hand observations.  Perhaps there is at least insight to be gained…”what are those idiots thinking!?!”…sorta thing.

For those that haven’t been here long, or have memory issues. 

chang is an admitted and outed troll account. 

still outstanding satire and the occasional useful nugget. And a well crafted devils advocate. 

but Chang is not a general. 

• Like 2

For those that haven’t been here long, or have memory issues. 

chang is an admitted and outed troll account. 

still outstanding satire and the occasional useful nugget. And a well crafted devils advocate. 

but Chang is not a general. 

General Chang is a real account, and has stars on his shoulders. He is a personnelist. Bashi Chuni is Chang’s troll account where he pretends to be a pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, brabus said:

0307B421-DE6E-4FCC-81A2-393B557E72DC.jpeg.bce3016be92be1b79a4a416191df691d.jpeg

Laces out Dan!!!!

On 7/20/2023 at 8:13 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

General Chang is a real account, and has stars on his shoulders. He is a personnelist. Bashi Chuni is Chang’s troll account where he pretends to be a pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bashi identifies as non-binary you bigot

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bingo said:

9 year bonus pushed my ADSC to 6 months past 20 year retirement date. Anyone have any luck with ADSC waivers these days? No good excuses, just looking to finish right at 20. TIA

You will be denied by a civilian at AFPC within 3 days of asking unless you have unusual circumstances dictating a closer examination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bingo said:

9 year bonus pushed my ADSC to 6 months past 20 year retirement date. Anyone have any luck with ADSC waivers these days? No good excuses, just looking to finish right at 20. TIA

DoD Skillbridge is your friend. 

• Like 6