College Football

O Face

3 hours ago, O Face said:

It’ll be expensive for them, but why wouldn’t you?  As soon as FSU bails, the ACC folds like a cheap suit. 

They are suing to avoid the $130M exit fee.  Very short-sighted in my opinion, will damage their basketball team and other sports.

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Recruiting is such a strange thing in modern college football. It's always been overrated, but now with transfer portal and everything else, it's insane how if you bring in a #1 class, you now just lost your previous #1 class to the portal. Such a weird phenomenon.

Its Crazier than that...

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 15.52.27.jpeg

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Recruiting is such a strange thing in modern college football. It's always been overrated, but now with transfer portal and everything else, it's insane how if you bring in a #1 class, you now just lost your previous #1 class to the portal. Such a weird phenomenon.

Every time I hear the portal referenced in college sports, I imagine the Air Force Portal dumpster fire we all go through on a daily basis. Can’t imagine the result if it was built the same. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JBueno said:

Every time I hear the portal referenced in college sports, I imagine the Air Force Portal dumpster fire we all go through on a daily basis. Can’t imagine the result if it was built the same. 

We would have a bunch of IFS graduates who think they should be flying Raptors go into the portal and left handing out towels. Much like the current transfer portal.

On 12/22/2023 at 10:27 AM, ClearedHot said:

They are suing to avoid the $130M exit fee.  Very short-sighted in my opinion, will damage their basketball team and other sports.

We have to move. We won't be able to compete with schools in the B1G and SEC who have marketing deals that pay them twice as much. The judge who has been assigned to the court case is an FSU grad for his bachelor's and law degree. 

No other sports bring in money, only football does. If our football team can't compete because we are in the ACC, then the other sports will suffer as well. 

I hope we go to the B1G. I despise ESPN and their affiliation with the SEC. 

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

We have to move. We won't be able to compete with schools in the B1G and SEC who have marketing deals that pay them twice as much. The judge who has been assigned to the court case is an FSU grad for his bachelor's and law degree. 

No other sports bring in money, only football does. If our football team can't compete because we are in the ACC, then the other sports will suffer as well. 

I hope we go to the B1G. I despise ESPN and their affiliation with the SEC. 

Chip Kelly has an interesting idea of how to structure CFB.

Ryan Day probably should find new work.
IMG_6640.thumb.jpeg.f0ef635625ee4335b965afff6c5ec58f.jpeg

You very obviously didn’t watch that game.

Ohio State showed up with literally no offensive starters but 2 guys (one injured) from the season and lost their Quarter Back on the second drive. The defense held Missouri to literally no first downs until the second half.

That game was awful to watch but to somehow act like its validation of OSU being a bad team or Day being a bad coach is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Lawman said:

Ohio State showed up with literally no offensive starters but 2 guys (one injured) from the season and lost their Quarter Back on the second drive. The defense held Missouri to literally no first downs until the second half.

That game was awful to watch but to somehow act like its validation of OSU being a bad team or Day being a bad coach is a joke.

IMO that game was more of an indictment of their fanbase for running Kyle McCord out of town and probably robbing their future as well by putting Lincoln Kienholz in an impossible situation. Now the true freshman goes out and lays an egg in his first start and everyone now calls for him to get benched and get a replacement via the portal. Same vicious cycle will continue and hollow out a blue blood program.

IMO that game was more of an indictment of their fanbase for running Kyle McCord out of town and probably robbing their future as well by putting Lincoln Kienholz in an impossible situation. Now the true freshman goes out and lays an egg in his first start and everyone now calls for him to get benched and get a replacement via the portal. Same vicious cycle will continue and hollow out a blue blood program.

I think thanks to the transfer portal nightmare you’ll see more of this. They effectively lost the top quarter of their roster between regular and bowl season. You’re not even coaching the same team at that point. Now the 12 team playoff system may help stave off some of that effect for the perennial playoff teams out there, but with a system of top 4 or bust, there is almost no incentive for players who can make cash not to opt to transfer over playing a nobody cares bowl.

And I’m with you on McCord. He throws a pick and his career is over in some peoples eyes. Meanwhile Brown who is the running back that throws is supposed to be a savior but at this point it’s obvious his talent isn’t going to overcome some injuries that are becoming hard to ignore. Without him and with a 3rd string quarter back who had no confidence or aim all Mizos had to do was continuously rush 7 on defense and wait for OSU to wear out theirs. It took all of 4 quarters for them to get on the board but they were effectively only playing against a defense at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Lawman said:

He's 2-4 against ranked teams in bowl games, 1-3 against Michigan, 0-3 against SEC teams, and 1-6 against Top 5 teams. In case you didn't know, college and pro football are results-based professions. If you don't produce positive results, then they'll find someone who can. 

Edited by Sua Sponte

4 hours ago, ThisGuy said:

As an OSU fan it was a struggle to watch. Defense definitely stepped up until they got tired. Players opting out to not get hurt is understandable but what if the transfer portal didn't open until after all bowl games? Not sure if that would help but it's a thought.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Baseops Network mobile app

The idea is to let dudes transfer in time for the next semester at their new school.  If they're going to "play school" as well, you've got to let them transfer in December.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, guineapigfury said:

The idea is to let dudes transfer in time for the next semester at their new school.  If they're going to "play school" as well, you've got to let them transfer in December.

TV money will talk and the rules will change.  Viewership has to be dog shit this season.  

Edited by uhhello

Kirby is smoking crack if he thinks he beat the undefeated FSU team that played this season.  He has a much bigger point to make but he didn't want to take a shot at Mike Norvell.  The vast majority of Georgia's key players elected to play even if declared for the draft, FINISH what you started.  67% of FSU's starting players opted out of the bowl game for the portal or the draft.  That is a SERIOUS culture problem and it starts with the coach.  What is even worse is ESPN campaigned for them to be left out of the CFP but then reversed course and is upset they didn't try in the bowl game.  TV money, the portal and the NIL deal has changed the game...for the worse. 

On 12/28/2023 at 10:02 PM, M2 said:

Cue "but the Gators didn't even go to a bowl" response in 3, 2, 1...

They won 1 more game than UF while playing a MUCH easier schedule. Yawn.

Enjoy!

August 31, 2024...whats the bet?  You get here and we can fly down to the game.

At least we can both agree on below....When FSU threatened to not show up at the game, I thought they were kidding.

FSU5.jpg