World War III Updates

gearhog

have you ever considered the liberal international order is its own version of authoritarian systems? it really hit me with how the system acted during covid. lockdowns, forced vax, openly lying about the vax effectiveness.
fauci himself praised the chinese level of dystopian lockdowns.

Well I wouldn’t say the LIO as it is historically or academically defined but it is the corruption of western republican democracies / societies
The LIO is not the globalist open borders hyper exploitation crony capitalism in league with a cronyist administrative state, it is the rules based order relationships among countries following WW2 meant to prevent wars of aggression and promote positive fair interaction among nations, allow access to the global commons and promote a basic level of human rights.
The globalists try to conflate their project with the LIO but they are separate. The LIO respects legitimate sovereignty whereas the globalist does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

correct and i agree w/ most of what you posted above. HOWEVER i think the post WWII LIO has been brutally corrupted by globalists and forces who DGAF about the west. they care about money and power. mostly power.

i'd submit as evidence the WEF. run by a brutal authoritarian klaus. they have infiltrated every western government and are the biggest threat we face.

• Upvote 1

This is a great take on changing world orders…. There’s also a 5 min version.

While I would hope that being open globally to trade would prevent us from conflict Mearsheimer has pointed out that this did not factor into WWI.

The only problem I see is that China’s continued rise is not certain, what they do release is troubling and it is on this basis that I presume things are worse than they seem especially with them filling their missiles with water over fuel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I say we rewrite our doctrine for 3 years and just conquer these places and make some new states.

That’s one approach but if we just wanna stop aggression and no more then my suggestion is long range fires and a shit ton of them plus attritable platforms.  
My first post didn’t mean to be this platform for this platform for that one but in the parochial mindset of congress it probably will have to be, if you divest my JSTARS then what are you going to replace it with in my district to preserve economic footprint?

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Another mass TBM attack on Al-Assad.  Overwhelmed Patriot site there.  It's wild they haven't killed anyone yet.  

The first one seriously fucked some people up.  Will Joe remain feckless and allow this to go unchallenged?

The first one seriously ed some people up.  Will Joe remain feckless and allow this to go unchallenged?

If anybody wants to know, Garrett’s surgeries have gone as successful as can be currently hoped for.

There is still bits of shrapnel in his head that will probably have to come out in a future attempt, but he’s stable condition now.

Long way to go from there, but he got moved from Landstuhl back to Walter Reed a couple days ago.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Video series on a WW3 scenario, offered for entertainment and thread churning:

I love his series even if it overstated what it turned out to be real Russian capabilities.

The scene where the US Brigade commander is on the VTC and is cut off mid sentence with the President because of his gawd damned cell phone got his head quarters targeted was great. We’ve been preaching that for years to be ignored by people who are too important to not have their phone.

• Upvote 2

I love his series even if it overstated what it turned out to be real Russian capabilities.

The scene where the US Brigade commander is on the VTC and is cut off mid sentence with the President because of his gawd damned cell phone got his head quarters targeted was great. We’ve been preaching that for years to be ignored by people who are too important to not have their phone.

Same
That was a very realistic idea as evidenced by both sides in Ukraine War
Timeline in the 30s seems plausible after the Ukraine war ends probably in a year or two

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Same
That was a very realistic idea as evidenced by both sides in Ukraine War
Timeline in the 30s seems plausible after the Ukraine war ends probably in a year or two

you think the Russian economy/military is going to recover to a level higher than what they were at at start of Ukraine war in less than 15 years?  

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

you think the Russian economy/military is going to recover to a level higher than what they were at at start of Ukraine war in less than 15 years?  

Depends, if the rest of the authoritarian world and parts of the Global South ignore the sanctions on them now and likely after the conflict ends / suspends they’ll bounce back better than we want

They got problems but they got means too, more natural resources and a scientific / industrial base that’s capable 

Russia is never as strong as she seems nor as weak as she seems, my guess is their national pride is stronger than our post modern corporate nihilistic leaders want to believe, I think 10 years after they stop fighting in Ukraine they will be capable of significant military local power projection.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:27 PM, ClearedHot said:

The first one seriously fucked some people up.  Will Joe remain feckless and allow this to go unchallenged?

Election is now filling up the sight picture. To really get a message across we need to hit Iran's ability to produce oil and make money with an eye to minimizing civilian casualties. The greatest threat to the Iranian leadership are the rank-and-file Iranians and we don't want them to feel pressure to rally around that leadership with casualties. OTH lot's of executions seem to be happening lately and tend to keep the natives in line. I'm all for hitting their oil industry HARD but that will likely lead to a spike in worldwide oil/gasoline prices and now we just circled back to the election. At some point we'll have no choice but to really hit them and that I fear will be when we lose troops. My 0.02

33 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

I just want to go on record saying that I didn’t trust the UN well before October of last year…

“UNRWA fires 12 staffers who allegedly took part in October 7 Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel, US cuts funding”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/26/news/un-fires-staffers-who-allegedly-took-part-in-october-7-hamas-terrorist-attacks-on-israel/

UNRWA spoke at one of our academy political science conventions; I knew back then that they were a bunch of terrorist sympathizing lunatics. 

2 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Horrible - will we remain weak or turn loose some whoopass?

Agreed, infuriating.

My guess is another “proportional and measured” response, although with a bit more teeth, but well short of what is required for our enemies to fear us.  The SECEEF should resign in disgrace, this outcome has been obviously inevitable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Horrible - will we remain weak or turn loose some whoopass?

Weak.  This is why I think it’s hilarious that people actually think we’d go to war with China to defend Taiwan.  

• Upvote 2