World War III Updates

gearhog

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Side note—where are our resident leftists on this forum?  Aren’t they all about democracies being able to defend themselves when attacked?  Or does this just apply to when Russia is the aggressor?

Hi, so called “leftist” Ron Burgundy here. If you think that anyone who is slightly liberal supports Hamas, I think you’re confused.

As CH said, kill them all. Painfully, preferably. (I’d also like to take this moment to reiterate that no one on this forum is a leftist, your views and biases are so skewed though that I’ll be your huckleberry)

Let’s pretend you were looking for nuanced viewpoints. A total war against Palestine is gonna be counterproductive. You’re gonna create more terrorists and Arab nations that are united against Israel - not less. We saw this with the resurgence of Al Qaeda and ISIS. I’m sure you learned this in your service.

Getting drawn into the total war trap will be analogous to how the US overcommitted into the Middle East in 2001/2003, resulting in basically the degradation of our own empire and supremacy over the last 20 years for basically nothing! Hamas/Iran WANT this response. Now ask “why?” History doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes. It wouldn’t be the first time civilized nations with very capable militaries are defeated because they didn’t understand the enemy’s centers of gravity (spoiler: it’s not in the people of Palestine).

Israel must avoid being emotional, just like we should have in the early 2000s. Now, can they conduct a surgical campaign to kill a bunch of terrorists and save their folks, while simultaneously backing out quickly enough to maintain foreign relations and not destroy their economy? Time will tell. What is not tenable? Another united Arab states war that drives Israel to be a lone island reliant on the U.S.

Or, alternatively, I guess you could argue Islam and Judaism/Christianity aren’t compatible. Crusades circa 2024? Glass em all!

Edited by Negatory

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

Hi, so called “leftist” Ron Burgundy here. If you think that anyone who is slightly liberal supports Hamas, I think you’re confused.

As CH said, kill them all. Painfully, preferably. (I’d also like to take this moment to reiterate that no one on this forum is a leftist, your views and biases are so skewed though that I’ll be your huckleberry)

Let’s pretend you were looking for nuanced viewpoints. A total war against Palestine is gonna be counterproductive. You’re gonna create more terrorists and Arab nations that are united against Israel - not less. We saw this with the resurgence of Al Qaeda and ISIS. I’m sure you learned this in your service.

Getting drawn into the total war trap will be analogous to how the US overcommitted into the Middle East in 2001/2003, resulting in basically the degradation of our own empire and supremacy over the last 20 years for basically nothing! Hamas/Iran WANT this response. Now ask “why?” History doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes. It wouldn’t be the first time civilized nations with very capable militaries are defeated because they didn’t understand the enemy’s centers of gravity (spoiler: it’s not in the people of Palestine).

Israel must avoid being emotional, just like we should have in the early 2000s. Now, can they conduct a surgical campaign to kill a bunch of terrorists and save their folks, while simultaneously backing out quickly enough to maintain foreign relations and not destroy their economy? Time will tell. What is not tenable? Another united Arab states war that drives Israel to be a lone island reliant on the U.S.

Or, alternatively, I guess you could argue Islam and Judaism/Christianity aren’t compatible. Crusades circa 2024? Glass em all!

This! 

16 hours ago, brabus said:

Sure, that’s great. They should do their best, but given the existential threat to their survival, and the fact they were attacked horribly in their own beds, it’s not prudent to just play whack-a-mole. They need to eradicate Hamas AND their sympathizers to have any real chance at a more stable and secure future. Handing a little slice of ass and then walking away isn’t going to cut it. History has repeatedly demonstrated that. Hezbollah, Iran, etc. are all watching - the message they receive is also very important for Israel’s future.

Lesson of Rolling Thunder vs Linebacker II. Measured responses promise continued fighting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

measured responses do not work in war.

especially in a region that only understands/respects total domination of the enemy.

paradoxically a gloves off full total war response is more humane than years of "measured responses" (afghanistan/korea/vietnam)

This as well.  

But, how do we make money off of a quick war though? 🤔 

That's why we wont allow it.  We have a lot of weapons to sell.  

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

The only support for Hamas and the Palestinians is coming from the left, correct?  Let me know if you need some examples…or does highlighting the worst of a group only work when the left does it to the right?

3 hours ago, Negatory said:

JFC dude are you serious? have you seen the pro hamas demonstrations breaking out all across college campuses and major cities?

1 minute ago, HeloDude said:

The only support for Hamas and the Palestinians is coming from the left, correct?  Let me know if you need some examples…or does highlighting the worst of a group only work when the left does it to the right?

I think it’s dumb to apply viewpoints hyperbolically both directions. 

I think you’ll find that the views you’re so riled up about are not as well held as you think. Even Ocasio-Cortez condemned the Palestinian support protests - one of the most “leftist” people you irrationally despise.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna119687

I think that Rep. Tlaib and Bush are morons and wrong. They are capitalizing on human loss to get political points. Honestly, they’re sickening.

Simultaneously, I think the Harvard students who released a letter are technically correct, albeit still wrong about when to talk about this - Israel has contributed to Israel-Palestine instability via effectively running an apartheid state. But it doesn’t excuse terrorist acts.

I honestly see how f’d politics is from a Palestinian perspective, and I think you can too. US, EU, and Israel all deciding to admire the problem that Palestinians were effectively living in a penal colony for the last few decades contributed to this occurring. I also see how Palestine are morons and didn’t accept multiple potential compromises over the last 40 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, BashiChuni said:

JFC dude are you serious? have you seen the pro hamas demonstrations breaking out all across college campuses and major cities?

There are extreme leftists that are supporting small scale demonstrations that conservative media are significantly overblowing to play on YOUR (specifically) feelings and keep up the narrative that we are mortal enemies and diametrically opposed.

Even Ocasio-Cortez condemned the demonstrations supporting Palestine.

My point was that he wasn’t going to find someone on this forum that is pro Hamas’s actions. Because it’s a very rare viewpoint right now, including democrats or liberals. Everyone I know is fucking sickened.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Israel has contributed to Israel-Palestine instability via effectively running an apartheid state

how is that possible considering israel withdrew from gaza in 2006 and hamas has been running that territory, yet it continues to be a shit hole?

JFC dude

• Upvote 1

Just want to point out that folks like you are why alternative viewpoints don’t engage, and why this place has gently flowed back into being the echo chamber it’s always been. 

Here’s a pretty comprehensive view of why people believe that Israel is still oppressing Palestine, although I know this will be dismissed for no logical reason:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MDE1551412022ENGLISH.pdf

Want to be clear, I don’t support Hamas or anyone who does. You seem to be getting your parties in a wad, but you don’t even understand why.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Just want to point out that folks like you are why alternative viewpoints don’t engage, and why this place has gently flowed back into being the echo chamber it’s always been. 

Here’s a pretty comprehensive view of why people believe that Israel is still oppressing Palestine, although I know this will be dismissed for no logical reason:

Yeah…a leftwing progressive site.  Why am I not surprised?  But “echo chamber”…or something.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/amnesty-international-is-no-longer-a-human-rights-group-its-just-another-progressive-lobby/

• Like 1

Want to be clear, I don’t support Hamas or anyone who does. You seem to be getting your parties in a wad, but you don’t even understand why.

so you don't support the left. got it.

My point was that he wasn’t going to find someone on this forum that is pro Hamas’s actions. 

I am.

I hope those f*ckers keep doing everything they are doing and more/worse. So that way the entire world will acknowledge the lack of reason for them existing; we need them to continue to show who they are and continue to demonstrate how little they care for life so the bleeding hearts don't start taking pity on/for them.

Let's see evil for exactly it is and crush it once and for all.

We are a nation and society that has become immune to realities of war and fascinated with it because too few have actually been there. Time for the atrocities to be seen so it can finally take the "cool" out of war for those that haven't seen it.

Edited by RegularJoe
It edited my profanity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

how is that possible considering israel withdrew from gaza in 2006 and hamas has been running that territory, yet it continues to be a shit hole?

JFC dude

The blockade of a country by two countries that surround it and the ocean next to it usually negatively impacts said country. I’m not saying I disagree with the blockade entirely, but it definitely doesn’t help the civilians trying to survive in Gaza.

I’ve got to say, as a generally conservative individual, every time you wade into a political/philosophical discussion I can’t help but imagine you as Billy Madison talking about the puppy that lost his way. You are the Omar/Tlaib of the right on BO, and every time you post something with zero critical thought that was spewed by Fox News, this is the reaction from the rest of the conservatives.

IMG_4716.thumb.jpeg.09d3ffe864bc7acd75ffef863c2e9e69.jpeg

How are you not on comment CAP after mistaking the CJCS as the CSAF. You realize the uniforms are a different color right?

Edited by Boomer6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Writing some excuses as to why its OK for innocent children to be decapitated and set on fire.  

I am tired of Beta Males and stupid bitches fucking up the world.  Send them to Gaza as peace keepers.  Please go.  Put your money where your mouth is.  Show us how to solve this problem with peace and understanding.   They will applaud you.  You will change the world with your hollow words.   

Remember abortion (killing of some sort of helpless creature inside of a woman)?  War is like abortion for adults.    Here is your time to shine with your Palestinian lovers.

Which Baseops.net forum members have written anything supportive of Hamas burning and decapitating children?

22 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Which Baseops.net forum members have written anything supportive of Hamas burning and decapitating children?

None.

17 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

I do believe Biff was speaking in hyperbole. @Biff_T I realize that’s a lotta syllables I just banged together there, but I got ya! 🍻

This and thanks! 

The whole thing sucks.  No easy way for either side.  Maybe they just need to fight it out.  We fought it out against the British, Natives, Spaniards and French.  We even fought each other.   Let them fight.  Get the civilians out and whoever wins can continue to "live" in God's country.   No American soldiers this time.  That's how every other country was formed on planet Earth.  Why stop now?  

• Upvote 1

Maybe the right answers to move everybody from Gaza to the west bank.

At least then your problem is centralized in one location. That needs to be some sort of definitive action that stands as a long-term consequence to this attack. Whether that means 100,000 people need to die, or the Palestinians need to be in a materially worse position now than they were before the attack, just going in and surgically killing "terrorists" is not going to do it.

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen any video of beheaded babies but I did see a video that puts that in the realm of possibility.  The Hamas animals had shot a guy and he is laying on the ground probably dying but not dead.  So, seeing how this person is defenseless, why not not kick him in the head and beat on him with your gun or whatever you have handy.  The guy on the ground makes a very weak attempt to cover his face.  At this point, one of these barbarians enters the video with a large rusty garden hoe and begins to chop at this guys neck to cut his head off.  Again, the defenseless guy on the ground is not dead when this begins but after a few wacks, he isn't moving anymore.  Curtis Lemay said, "You kill enough of them, they will stop fighting."  Israel needs to kill enough, preferably all, of them so they leave Israel and hopefully the rest of civilization alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NKAWTG said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67088547

Feel like this could backfire.  By not allowing riots to kill Jewish people, they might get more riots to kill all kinds of people.  Are they really going to deport 10% of the population of France if they push the issue?

Yeah, I definitely don’t support this…but let’s pretend that France has freedom of speech, or many of the other liberties we have in the US.