Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

Russia and Ukraine/NATO are both blaming each other today for an attack on the nuke plant.

...that hasn't even happened yet. Both are saying the attack is imminent.

Place your bets on who will be responsible. I think it'll be Russia. They love it when nuclear plumes are carried over the motherland by prevailing westerly winds almost as much as they love destroying their own 12 Billion dollar pipelines.

Edited by gearhog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Russians dug & lived in trenches in the Chornobyl no-go zone. As long as Putin believes the radiation won’t reach him, he doesn’t give half a fuck. I absolutely wouldn’t put it past him to stage an accident/terror attack at Zaporizhzhia. Also, if the Russians would be affected by a radiation plume, the Ukrainians are going to have it much worse. Why on earth would the Ukes be the more likely instigators using this logic? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Russians dug & lived in trenches in the Chornobyl no-go zone. As long as Putin believes the radiation won’t reach him, he doesn’t give half a fuck. I absolutely wouldn’t put it past him to stage an accident/terror attack at Zaporizhzhia. Also, if the Russians would be affected by a radiation plume, the Ukrainians are going to have it much worse. Why on earth would the Ukes be the more likely instigators using this logic? 

I would recommend that the UN/NATO/EU/etc start broadcasting/posting maps - updated daily (Recommend a minimum of a 5-day, weather based, forecast map).  The maps should show the potential downwind hazard areas if any of this Nuke Power Plant Reactor Cores/Cooling Systems/etc swiftly go into the wartime meltdown mode: The maps will probably look something like this = 

500?cb=20130502231400

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

I didn't realize this. Did they live in trenches immediately after the Chernobyl disaster or 40 years later?

Why would Ukraine do this? Not sure. Maybe because as long as the war funding keeps flowing and the radiation doesn't reach Kiev, Zalensky doesn't care. Why does Zalensky do anything?

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1675540809406349319?s=20

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, gearhog said:

I didn't realize this. Did they live in trenches immediately after the Chernobyl disaster or 40 years later?

Why would Ukraine do this? Not sure. Maybe because as long as the war funding keeps flowing and the radiation doesn't reach Kiev, Zalensky doesn't care. Why does Zalensky do anything?

Even forty years later the soil immediately beneath the topsoil is radioactive. There have been reports of Russian soldiers who occupied that land showing signs of radiation sickness. There’s a reason access to the site is still highly restricted, even after all these years. If you’d like to go dig holes in the dirt around there, be my guest. Not sure what point you’re trying to make in your second sentence. You believe Russia cares about a radioactive plume but Ukraine doesn’t? Okayeee. 

8 hours ago, gearhog said:

Shit isn't hard to find, bro.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/red-forest-chernobyl-radiation-sickness-b2330067.html

18 hours ago, Prozac said:

Even forty years later the soil immediately beneath the topsoil is radioactive. There have been reports of Russian soldiers who occupied that land showing signs of radiation sickness. There’s a reason access to the site is still highly restricted, even after all these years. If you’d like to go dig holes in the dirt around there, be my guest. Not sure what point you’re trying to make in your second sentence. You believe Russia cares about a radioactive plume but Ukraine doesn’t? Okayeee.

The point being neither side are likely as concerned about the consequences as you are. The Donbas region East of the powerplant and Dnieper has historically been pro-Russian and where much of the unrest occurred in 2014 after the Euromaidan uprising between anti-government separatists and Kiev. Russia has always had an enormous influence there and the Ukraine government likely understands it is a territory they're likely not going to get back anytime soon. It's entirely possible they're willing to sacrifice it to create a Phyrric victory situation for Russia.

10 hours ago, pawnman said:

Nice work, detective. Now do the word "sarcasm".

I'm completely shocked that any military leadership would ever risk exposing their troops to potentially harmful environmental conditions such as radiation, chemicals, pollution, biological agents, burn pits, etc.

Edited by gearhog

17 hours ago, Prozac said:

You’re right. Appeasing murderous dictators is a much better, historically proven strategy. 

You call it appeasing. 

I call it poking the bear in the eye acting shocked it bites your hand. Keep feeding that military industrial complex $$$ like a good drone you are 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

You call it appeasing. 

I call it poking the bear in the eye acting shocked it bites your hand. Keep feeding that military industrial complex $$$ like a good drone you are 

Says the guy spreading Putin’s propaganda for him. SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

I certainly wouldn't want to accuse you of making generalizations and labeling anything you don't like as enemy propaganda. I, myself, am always wary of propaganda, especially when it encourages escalating conflict. Would you mind identifying the specific propaganda that originated with Putin and was repeated here?

21 hours ago, Prozac said:

You’re right. Appeasing murderous dictators is a much better, historically proven strategy. 

So if you didn’t want to go to war in Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein, were you in the camp of appeasing murderous dictators?  Or does this only work certain murderous dictators?

Another point—you can be anti-Putin and anti-supporting Ukraine with (what seems) an endless huge amount of taxpayer money/arms.

• Like 3

This is the best summary of the fraud being perpetrated upon US citizens I have seen to date.

Max Blumenthal delivering remarks at the UN. Best vid you'll see this week.

The first Twitter link is captioned.

Edited by gearhog
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Prozac said:

i'm for the US taking a role to end this conflict peacefully.

hardly the putin propaganda. seems like you're a slave to the US propaganda and lack critical thinking skills. sad.

• Downvote 3

14 hours ago, HeloDude said:

So if you didn’t want to go to war in Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein, were you in the camp of appeasing murderous dictators?  Or does this only work certain murderous dictators?

Another point—you can be anti-Putin and anti-supporting Ukraine with (what seems) an endless huge amount of taxpayer money/arms.

If the murderous dictators are only murdering "their own" people and not invading neighboring countries, it becomes a lot easier to justify not getting involved. Recall that WW2 started over Poland, not Kristellnacht. 

14 minutes ago, Stoker said:

If the murderous dictators are only murdering "their own" people and not invading neighboring countries, it becomes a lot easier to justify not getting involved. Recall that WW2 started over Poland, not Kristellnacht. 

So what you’re saying is that it has nothing to do with a dictator murdering innocent people as long as those people geographically live in on one side of a border vs another.