The Iran thread

Clark Griswold

15 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Fun side note: since they destroyed our hangar with TBMs I used the event to clean up 5 years of property book shenanigans.  Seriously, it was very beneficial.  For anyone reading this: if your stuff ever gets destroyed by the enemy, seize the opportunity to do your unit a solid.

*Promote ahead of peers*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I wouldn't be surprised if Iran targets this US Base/capability located in Israel????

- “Site 512,” the longstanding U.S. base is a radar facility that monitors the skies for missile attacks on Israel." 

- "Site 512, however, wasn’t established to contend with a threat to Israel from Palestinian militants but the danger posed by Iranian mid-range missiles."

- etc:

On 4/12/2024 at 11:44 AM, HeloDude said:

My bet is they don’t, at least not in the timeframe you suggest.  Iran talks tough all the time, but they’re really weak when it comes to follow through.

Man, this idiot doesn’t know crap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, HeloDude said:

Hitting a base we’re using in Iraq is quite different than saying they’re hitting the US, ie in our own country.  I just don’t see them hitting Israel (ie in their own country) in the next 48 hours.  But we’ll find out soon enough.

You were saying....

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/04/13/iran-israel-drone-missile-attack/

If we need to launch a "massive drone attack" against IRGC-affilated bad dudes in response, I volunteer to take flight lead. I know a ton of good dudes & dudettes who can fill out the strike package 🇺🇸

Do ICBMs count as drones?

7 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Iran’s attack seemed planned to minimize casualties while maximizing spectacle

Such insightful analysis from CNN.  I am sure the wall of Raptors, Adir's, Sufa's and Ra'am's, GPS spoofing, Iron Dome, David's Sling, Arrow, Jordanian Air Force and Air Defense had nothing to do with it.

Seems like a perfect chance to test Dark Eagle. This will arrive a lot faster than their drones. Infographic.png?resize=780%2C465&ssl=1

USAF shot down 70....repeat 70 drones last night.  How many drone aces in the strike eagle community today?

Call my accounts manager…. Tell him to put half of it in Raytheon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

USAF shot down 70....repeat 70 drones last night.  How many drone aces in the strike eagle community today?

Another good example of how a bullshit deployment can turn on a dime. Good work strike bros. And awesome work by all the maintainers getting it done under very hairy circumstances.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Smokin said:

Zero.  No such thing.

That’s actually a pretty interesting discussion point. Does it have to be manned for a kill to count? Does it have to be maneuvering? I wonder what the F-14 community would say shooting down Soviet missiles going after the carriers? Or German pilots shooting down non-maneuvering bombers in WW2? What about a gun kill vice missile kill? And if you get 5 BVR kills with active missiles really make you more talented of a fighter pilot than some guy that got 1 with a 9P? 

36 minutes ago, brabus said:

If it doesn’t have an active capacity to kill you, it doesn’t count. That is not at all to take away from the solid work done yesterday.

So shooting down hordes of IL-76 = No kills?