Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 4:16 PM, DirkDiggler said:

Conley nominated to be the next AFSOC/CC.  Pave Low mafia still flexing it’s muscles.

In all seriousness great news for the command.

BGen to LtGen - Strong move...solid dude, not as parochial as the other Pave low turds.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 10.39.13 AM.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

With Conley, 3 of the last 4 AFSOC commanders will have been helo guys…all 3 had their first assignment in a Huey variant after getting their wings.

No wonder everything has been so fucked up (kidding).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

Hey @Biff_T, want a job?

If I was in command, there would be huey gunships, P-38s and A-26s.  We wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a war but we'd have some fun training.  And your commander would be an Air Force O-3E.

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
On 2/23/2024 at 2:31 PM, ClearedHot said:

Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 1.29.18 PM.png

"It should've been the other guy". As true today as it was when the non-combat knife took command.

Rumored call from SOCOM to CSAF was along the lines of  "You can transfer him or watch me publicly fire him."

Edited by MexicanHouseRULZ
CDO
  • Haha 1

For those not in the AFSOC-know, can someone break down who is who... where are they going... who and how did they promote from O-7 to O-9... and which ones are the douchebags?  

I can't keep up.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MexicanHouseRULZ said:

Rumored call to USAF/CC from SOCOM was along the lines of  " You can transfer him or watch me publicly fire him."

I’ve always wondered this - what happens when a MAJCOM/component commander has multiple bosses (service chief, CCDR), basically most MAJCOMs..and one of their bosses want to fire them. Who wins? What happens in this instance if say the CSAF tells SOCOM to pound sand and doesn’t want his AFSOC/CC fired? 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, dream big said:

Who wins?

CCDR reports to SECDEF, Service Chief reports to Service Security.

In most cases, probably same to assume the higher on the food chain has more influence to throw around, which appears to have happened here. 

Edited by AC&W
Acronym

47 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

For those not in the AFSOC-know, can someone break down who is who... where are they going... who and how did they promote from O-7 to O-9... and which ones are the douchebags?  

I can't keep up.  

The douche canoe below known as Cat 5 (he has done more damage than a Cat 5 hurricane), also known as Fat Tony.  As a SQ/CC he gave out 20+ Commander directed Q-3's, he tried to punish a U-28 crew dog with an LOR for losing his weapon only to lose his weapon a short time later and have it covered up when his Chief found his gun in the shitter.

He was "soft fired" by the SOCOM/CC Gen Brian Fenton.  Multiple people in the room/on the line for numerous confrontations between the two including a VTC in that dissolved to a shouting match.  Fenton being the four star CC called CSAF and said move him or I will publicly fire him.  USAF in it's infinite wisdom decided to save this piece of $hit and screw all the cadets at the Academy.  They don't want any more bad press.

president-mario-abdo-bentez-of-the-repub

Former AFSOC/CC and now VCSAF Jim "Slife the Knife" Slife has maneuvered to PURPOSELY keep gunship guys out of play (In the history of the only command that has gunships there have only been three gunship guys to command  AFSOC....three out of the last four CC's have been Pavelow dudes...Fat Tony is a Talon turd, the only platform that will lift him off the ground.  Slife is a complete sycophant who thinks only BPZ folks are qualified to command.  He knows better than ANYONE...truly a HORRIBLE HUMAN.

52370693546_0cb84a5e67_o-scaled.jpg

BGen Mike Conley is a well respected Pavelow/CV-22 dude, has been nominated to go from BGen to LtGen and become the next CC.  He is level-headed and thoughtful and will hopefully bring some peace and stability to the command.

230817-F-AF000-1618.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

So reading between the lines, I see a future CJCS, the next CSAF, and a good dude to fly with at Delta... in a very particular order.

I've never been an AFSOC guy, so correct me where I'm wrong.

My only interaction with soon to be Lt Gen Conley was when he was the 1 SOW CC and he said we couldn't wear Friday shirts anymore. HOWEVER, most people that I respect who have actually interacted with the guy are excited so that's good. 

When I heard the rumors that a 1 star was jumping up, I thought it might be BG Tom Palenske (Conley's 1 SOW predecessor). I actually interacted with him a few times and he did one of the coolest things I've seen a commander do. When I told him my dad was in the 20th SOS "Green Hornets" in Vietnam, he told me he had been the Commander of that unit and went out of his way to make sure  to send my dad a coin and have the 8th at Hurlburt show him around and give a really awesome CV-22 tour when he came down to visit. Very cool thing to do that he absolutely didn't need to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My only interaction with soon to be Lt Gen Conley was when he was the 1 SOW CC and he said we couldn't wear Friday shirts anymore. HOWEVER, most people that I respect who have actually interacted with the guy are excited so that's good. 
When I heard the rumors that a 1 star was jumping up, I thought it might be BG Tom Palenske (Conley's 1 SOW predecessor). I actually interacted with him a few times and he did one of the coolest things I've seen a commander do. When I told him my dad was in the 20th SOS "Green Hornets" in Vietnam, he told me he had been the Commander of that unit and went out of his way to make sure  to send my dad a coin and have the 8th at Hurlburt show him around and give a really awesome CV-22 tour when he came down to visit. Very cool thing to do that he absolutely didn't need to.

Gen Palenske is a great guy and a great commander. I started following the 36 Wing Facebook account because he is just so witty.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Gen Palenske is a great guy and a great commander. I started following the 36 Wing Facebook account because he is just so witty.

Does he still pass hurricane status based on his lawn furniture?

On 5/21/2024 at 1:55 PM, FUSEPLUG said:

So reading between the lines, I see a future CJCS, the next CSAF, and a good dude to fly with at Delta... in a very particular order.

I've never been an AFSOC guy, so correct me where I'm wrong.

Considering Supt is a retirement job, he won't be CSAF.