And the insanity continues.  Good on on Abbot and DeSantis for starting this a couple years ago.  Remember when the left (even our resident leftists on here) said this would backfire on the GOP?

NYC high school students forced into remote learning as 2,000 migrants sheltered in school instead

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-high-school-students-forced-into-remote-learning-as-2000-migrants-sheltered-in-school-instead

10 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Lol.  They're gonna need more money.

40 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Lol.  They're gonna need more money.

They’ve already asked surrounding cities/counties for help and most of them told Denver’s mayor to fuck off. This idiot has only been mayor for six months and he’s blowing through the budget due to being a bleeding heart progressive who thinks he has unlimited funds. That cost doesn’t include the non-migrant homeless he’s buying/renting hotel rooms for just to say he put 1,000 people into shelter his first six months on the job.

32 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

They’ve already asked surrounding cities/counties for help and most of them told Denver’s mayor to fuck off. This idiot has only been mayor for six months and he’s blowing through the budget due to being a bleeding heart progressive who thinks he has unlimited funds. That cost doesn’t include the non-migrant homeless he’s buying/renting hotel rooms for just to say he put 1,000 people into shelter his first six months on the job.

Sounds like San Francisco, Episode Two.

Edit: My uncle (Irish Catholic) moved to Colorado 15 years ago to get away from the madness.  

He moved back to California last year because of the madness in Colorado.   We're in OC and SD so its not as bad. I hate watching beautiful American cities be destroyed by idiots who never looked at a balance sheet.   

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

3 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Sounds like San Francisco, Episode Two.

Edit: My uncle (Irish Catholic) moved to Colorado 15 years ago to get away from the madness.  

He moved back to California last year because of the madness in Colorado.   We're in OC and SD so its not as bad. I hate watching beautiful American cities be destroyed by idiots who never looked at a balance sheet.   

My company went remote so we cashed out and moved back to the south east on acerage.

Its CA 2.0.  We have young kids and Denver wasnt a good place to take them to explore so we avoided that pre covid.  Post covid parts looked like a refugee camp.  Just a bad vibe.  I read something like 60% of office space is vacant in Denver.  We lived in a massive sub division in the burbs and there were far more rainbow/BLM flags than US flags on pples homes.  

I travel to CA often for work and its really sad.  I usually would stay near a beach and do a morning run....not sure if I will anymore.  My last trip in the fall was pretty sketchy.

• Like 1

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/01/11/nadler_we_need_immigrants_birth_rate_is_way_below_replacement_value.html

Just another racist old white dude who thinks “illegal immigrants” are only good for picking vegetables and making babies to support Social Security and Medicare. 

Oh wait, a Democrat said this? Never-mind, nothing to see here, move along. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:33 PM, kaputt said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/01/11/nadler_we_need_immigrants_birth_rate_is_way_below_replacement_value.html

Just another racist old white dude who thinks “illegal immigrants” are only good for picking vegetables and making babies to support Social Security and Medicare. 

He’s actually right. Our demographics will lead to economic decline without immigration. The problem is we need immigrants who follow societal rules, bring solid skills, and pay taxes…not exactly what is happening right now. The kind of immigrant we need isn’t sneaking across the border in the middle of the night. 

Edited by frog
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 6:33 PM, kaputt said:

I need one to wash my truck

Attack and destroy the two parent traditional family and abort millions of babies.  Import illegal immigrants to make up for the declining birth rate.  

I also read somewhere that this administration is pro illegal immigration because of the money.  Lots of articles above related to mayors, governors and the feds needing billions and billions of dollars to handle the influx.  It’s a way to funnel massive amounts of money into the system.  No different than Covid.  Makes sense…. 

Edited by lloyd christmas
Edit
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Apparently, Abbott skipped Supremacy Clause day in law school.

Have you been to the border recently?  It’s unbelievable and obviously an invasion which must be stopped.  You can’t see it and think the Biden administration has any legitimacy in their policy positions.  It is a physical threat to residents.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

Have you been to the border recently?  It’s unbelievable and obviously an invasion which must be stopped.  You can’t see it and think the Biden administration has any legitimacy in their policy positions.  It is a physical threat to residents.

Homie, I live outside of Denver, that mess is shipped up here daily. It does have to be stopped, but that also doesn’t allow a state governor to flat out ignore the Constitution. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Homie, I live outside of Denver, that mess is shipped up here daily. It does have to be stopped, but that also doesn’t allow a state governor to flat out ignore the Constitution. 

and i hope they keep shipping the illegals to your city and every other bat shit crazy sanctuary city. the only way to reason with a liberal is to test their ideas in real life and watch them fail.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/01/12/denver-migrants-colorado-immigration-sanctuary-laws/

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

and i hope they keep shipping the illegals to your city and every other bat shit crazy sanctuary city. the only way to reason with a liberal is to test their ideas in real life and watch them fail.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/01/12/denver-migrants-colorado-immigration-sanctuary-laws/

“My city”

I guess you missed the part where I don’t live in Denver? 

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

I’ve been to Denver lately too; the border is an order of magnitude more chaotic.  People in Democratic cities see only a fraction of the immigration problem and even that seems substantial; the border is where the entirety of the problem manifests.  Perhaps if you saw it you would grasp the magnitude of the crime Biden is willfully committing.

And anyway, precedent already exists for states to ignore parts of the constitution they don’t like: democrats initiated this “sanctuary city” thing which flat out ignores federal law.  You can’t have it both ways, we either obey the law or we don’t.  Currently in America, we don’t.  This is what it looks like; prepare for more.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

And anyway, precedent already exists for states to ignore parts of the constitution they don’t like: democrats initiated this “sanctuary city” thing which flat out ignores federal law.  You can’t have it both ways, we either obey the law or we don’t.  Currently in America, we don’t.  This is what it looks like; prepare for more.

https://www.pulj.org/the-roundtable/do-sanctuary-cities-violate-the-law

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Cuz, I live less than 150 miles from Eagle Pass (Denver's another 800 miles away), have been there in an official capacity and gotten the Golden Ticket tour.  It's fucked up on so many levels, I am not even sure it's fixable; but I do know from firsthand experience what Texas is doing is having an effect.  It may not be the one New Mexico and Arizona will like, but Texas is exercising its sovereign right to protect itself.

Abbott is taking action because Biden refuses to.  It is that simple.

Texas has never been afraid of a fight!

• Upvote 2