Chief of AF Sexual Assault Prevention Branch at Pentagon Arrested for Sexual Assault

“The bottom line is, I have no tolerance for this,” Obama told reporters after he was asked about several recent military scandals, including the weekend arrest of the Air Force’s chief for sexual assault prevention on charges that he groped and attacked a woman in Northern Virginia. “If we find out somebody’s engaging in this stuff, they’ve got to be held accountable, prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court-martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged — period.”

I wonder if the POTUS is familiar with the term "Unlawful Command Influence"?

• Upvote 2

“If we find out somebody’s engaging in this stuff, they’ve got to be held accountable, prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court-martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged — period.”

This is the ONLY thing I have ever agreed with with regards to this administration.

Errr, no...

All this did, beside make great political theater (which was the point) was introduce the worst case of command influence ever.

How many CC's will have the stones to either not refer for CM or overturn (until UCMJ is amended which is soon) a BS conviction.

I see Hacker noted it first.

Every male officer in the Air Force that is not a rapist should hate this douchebag, period. The black eye he has given all of us by association, justified or not, will have far-reaching impacts. I hope he does go to prison, and I hope that he meets new friends that don't bother to ask "permission to touch" first. Seriously, fuck this guy.

Every male officer in the Air Force that is not a rapist should hate this douchebag, period. The black eye he has given all of us by association, justified or not, will have far-reaching impacts. I hope he does go to prison, and I hope that he meets new friends that don't bother to ask "permission to touch" first. Seriously, ###### this guy.

Apparently you missed the point Hacker, M2 and others including myself were trying to make above...

This guy should be innocent until proven guilty. Command and Congress, to include the POTUS, should condemn the crime, but when specifically referring to this case they shouldn't comment until justice has run it's course. Maybe he is a DB. But he hasn't been proven to be a DB. I'm hoping you'd want the same standard to apply to you if you were ever accused of something.

• Upvote 2

Apparently you missed the point Hacker, M2 and others including myself were trying to make above...

This guy should be innocent until proven guilty. Command and Congress, to include the POTUS, should condemn the crime, but when specifically referring to this case they shouldn't comment until justice has run it's course. Maybe he is a DB. But he hasn't been proven to be a DB. I'm hoping you'd want the same standard to apply to you if you were ever accused of something.

This conversation sounds somewhat familiar. At any rate, i knew a dude who was randomly accused of this type of thing in a foreign country, it usually doesnt work out too well for the accused, regardless of whether or not they are actually guilty of doing anything wrong. This poor fellow doesnt stand a chance against the sexual assault witch hunt. His career is over either way.

I have personally endured something similar. Was married to a woman who got diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder...it was nuts, she would make stuff up and accuse me of cheating, stealing from her mom, keeping tabs on her (yes, she heard an airplane fly over the Walmart she was in and when I got home later that day, I was accused of following her) and much more. 8 months later, I was filing for divorce...but before that was finished, she went through my phone and saw I had texted my female cousin where I had congratulated her on getting a scholarship...and my ex proceeded to punch me in the face 3-4 times. I had the cuts and bruises, but later she threatened to call the police and claim I had abused HER.

After talking to a friend in the legal business, he told me at best, I'd be sent to jail, tried and hopefully all that would come out in the trial and I'd be set free...or not. Luckily, she must've taken her meds later and acted like she never threatened that at all. But I shudder to think if she had said "he sexually assaulted me and grabbed me...his face is bruised because I gave him what he deserved".

She tried to get my CC involved during the divorce, but after I showed him stuff that proved she was lying about things, he refused to take her calls. I guess because of that episode in my life, I'm a lot more careful about throwing around the "guilty!" phrase.

You're right. Although, the evidence looks pretty damning in this case.

Also, keep in mind, any "evidence" that you have seen up to this point is stuff that the prosecution is putting out there. It's at trial where the evidence will be examined and be found to be true or not...plus I'm sure the defense will have evidence of their own.

After dealing with divorces, and discussing the situation I was in and reading about our justice system in general, I'm pretty convinced that many prosecutions are less worried about justice and more worried about "winning" and scoring another win for their record. That's how many criminal attorneys are graded these days...simply on their win-loss record. If they drop the charges, it's often seen as a loss for them. We have a lot of guilty people in jail, but don't kid yourself: we have a significant number of not-guilty people in jail as well.

Edited by Hueypilot
  • Upvote 2

The workplace witch hunt of 2012 just went nuclear.

http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130507/NEWS/305070032/Hagel-Troops-workplaces-will-checked-degrading-images-women

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered a close-up and comprehensive inspection of all military offices and workplaces worldwide to root out any “materials that create a degrading or offensive work environment.”

The workplace witch hunt of 2012 just went nuclear.

http://www.militaryt...ng-images-women

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered a close-up and comprehensive inspection of all military offices and workplaces worldwide to root out any “materials that create a degrading or offensive work environment.”

I'm glad the Secretary decided to this for the entire military...because in the Air Force, we just had ours a few months ago and everything has been smooth sailing since then, no problems at all...nope, not a single one.

• Upvote 2

Ha

Hagel outlined several other measures aimed at cracking down on sexual assaults. He ordered the service chiefs to develop ways to hold commanders accountable for maintaining a command climate of “dignity and respect”.

Hagel set a deadline of November for the chiefs to provide details on how that will be measured and how, if at all, that assessment might be integratedinto the promotion or command-screening process.

What could possibly go wrong?

Move over, master's degrees.

Castration: A1's new "highly desired" trait for IDE-selects.

Alternative technique is to just fake it like Jame Gumb dancing around in Silence of the Lambs. It puts the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the CBTs again.

According to leadership here, if you say 69 or so-to-speak that makes you a rapist... We've just started saying "no rape" instead... Stupid rapists...

Please tell me you are joking.

The unholy combination of sex...PR....24 hrs of news....the internet....cameras under every swinging pair....ruthless careerists....angry libbers..et.al. if it had sprung to life 20-30 years ago would have had a lot of personnel in prison...I was taking a leak in the locker room one thirsty evening when one of the air-babes strolled in...on the way past looked at my weasel and accused me of performance anxiety...I can only imagine the reaction today....you literally would HAVE to turn her in for your own safety..... I suggest that all present and future "high officials" be required to raise the old right hand and swear under oath that they have NEVER participated in such foolish activities...ever.

...BTW...never..never..never run your yap to any investigator (esp Feds) without a lawyer..and I don't mean daddy's real estate guy.....

The unholy combination of sex...PR....24 hrs of news....the internet....cameras under every swinging pair....ruthless careerists....angry libbers..et.al. if it had sprung to life 20-30 years ago would have had a lot of personnel in prison...I was taking a leak in the locker room one thirsty evening when one of the air-babes strolled in...on the way past looked at my weasel and accused me of performance anxiety...I can only imagine the reaction today....you literally would HAVE to turn her in for your own safety..... I suggest that all present and future "high officials" be required to raise the old right hand and swear under oath that they have NEVER participated in such foolish activities...ever.

...BTW...never..never..never run your yap to any investigator (esp Feds) without a lawyer..and I don't mean daddy's real estate guy.....

I count 19 ellipses...good work.

• Upvote 2

It appears that the more sexual assault CBTs we do, the more sexual assaults actually happen.

Sexual Assault CBTs/real life training are good for one thing: The AF saying they trained you, and throwing you under the bus if anything happens. That way, a prosecutor can say "he signed the form, completed the CBT, and still acted out in aggression towards someone in a sexual manner.

I wonder if the POTUS is familiar with the term "Unlawful Command Influence"?

The Military Commander & The Law states pretty clearly what UCI is, and this would fall pretty clearly under UCI. However, most GCMs will throw this out from what I have seen in recent court cases. The last one I remember being thrown out was LTC Chessani (sp?) for a different issue than sexual assault. However, his career was over regardless. A real shame for a good Marine officer.

Every male officer in the Air Force that is not a rapist should hate this douchebag, period. The black eye he has given all of us by association, justified or not, will have far-reaching impacts. I hope he does go to prison, and I hope that he meets new friends that don't bother to ask "permission to touch" first. Seriously, fuck this guy.

I don't think this statement is justified at all. Just because one makes an alleged mistake, it does not mean we are all bad people. However, one person made an alleged poor decision and we will definitely all pay for it. Someone said it earlier on another thread..."they won't do something effective, but they will do something visible." My outlook is bleak for what the future holds.

You're right. Although, the evidence looks pretty damning in this case.

I'm not trying to flame you 'digger' but there is not a whole lot of "evidence" in this case yet. Just an accusation, a beat up AF Lt Col with a mugshot, and a few newspaper stories. I've always tried to maintain that he is innocent until proven guilty. The press, certain leadership elements in the civ/mil side, and peers do not believe this to be true from most of my experience. Sad either way.

break break...

My submission for best caption: "Damn, I always wondered what a career dissipation light looked like."

What a clusterfuck. Like the squid on that PBS documentary on the aircraft carrier who was the sexual assault prevention NCO for the boat (or however the Navy chose to title that particular duty) that sexually assaulted a female sailor... but 1000x more serious.

My entry for the caption contest:

"I didn't Fly, Fight, and Win, but she sure as hell did Aim High."