Until his return, let's reflect on some of his flight planning wisdom. RE: the Tampa A/O...

I have to disagree with the "open a tab with your credit card" plan.

Always use cash.

The credit card documents your evening itinerary... and eventually it will be used against you.

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 1

I have to disagree with the "open a tab with your credit card" plan. Always use cash. The credit card documents your evening itinerary... and eventually it will be used against you.

That's the entry level technique. The discreet gentleman doesn't withdraw from the ATM, he makes purchases with a debit card and gets cash back spread over time so as to not invite unwanted queries from his spouse.

• Upvote 2

Always use cash.

The credit card documents your evening itinerary... and eventually it will be used against you.

I can personally attest that this is true. I usually brief this before a TDY along with banning the use of cameras or recording devices of any kind.

Always use cash.

Agreed, cash is the best option. Because eventually you will have to call USAA in the lobby of your hotel the next morning because your credit card declined due to "suspicious activity" from various establishments the night before...and a fraud alert message may or may not call your house for your wife to hear...not that I've ever heard of this happening.

That damn ATM at the Viking....

Luckily there is no annual Boat Driving requirement. Only needs to be logged once and you are MR for life.

But seriously...where the hell is Rainman?

Luckily there is no annual Boat Driving requirement. Only needs to be logged once and you are MR for life.

But seriously...where the hell is Rainman?

Yet I've seen more than a few go back for more...they must just enjoy it.

I heard him say that he would have been much happier had he gotten a few more key staff positions. He's also pissed he was never a force support or MSG commander.

He also worked less than finance because he was usually out doing formation pt, wearing a reflective belt of course.

In all honesty, he's on sabbatical with PYB in France.

Edited by Gravedigger