The Mother of all CGOCs

ThreeHoler

Just a quick scan of that newsletter gave me so many what the phuck moments that I don't even know where to start. The guys in my office thought it was some sort of joke until I showed them the AFCGOC web page. And FTAC for Lts? Wasn't that what ASBC is all about? Wait...we did away with that waste of time.

• 4 weeks later...

The following may come across as naive, but I still refuse to accept it as standard. I can't believe that, in a time of constant war and budget cuts, that anyone in our Air Force can afford to spend one single brain byte on anything other than doing their job or thinking about how to directly improve it. Take time for your family, take time off, but don't FOD-out your actual workplace with bullshit like fundraisers and organized socials.

• Upvote 1

My two faves:

- Mildenhall (2 events): Twice, more than 30 officers gathered for legacy First Friday socials/meetings

- Aviano (1 event): Energetically celebrated arrival and departure of PCS’g CGOs at off-base location

The following may come across as naive, but I still refuse to accept it as standard. I can't believe that, in a time of constant war and budget cuts, that anyone in our Air Force can afford to spend one single brain byte on anything other than doing their job or thinking about how to directly improve it. Take time for your family, take time off, but don't FOD-out your actual workplace with bullshit like fundraisers and organized socials.

I would like to welcome you to the world of the Shoe. Where they're so bored from making us do their jobs for them that they actually have time to put serious effort into this shit.

Edited by Kelvin
  • Upvote 1

Too passive. I suggest one of two different responses.

1 - Slightly less passive. Create an Outlook rule that auto-forwards any message with CGOC in the title to the CGOC distro list. Get a buddy to do the same. First time you get an email it will ping-pong back and forth between the two of you with the entire CGOC as innocent bystanders.

2 - Much less passive: Respond. A dude I know took the same route of "Please take me off your emails" and got the same response of "You're a CGO and you need to receive these bla bla bla." So when the email came out letting all the CGOs know that the CGOC was going to be meeting at 3:30 for some cookies and punch in the club, he hit reply all and said, "Hey guys, this sounds awesome, I'll be there!

Then he waited 6-9 minutes and hit reply all again with, "Oh darnit, I just got scheduled to fly, won't be able to make it."

Then he waited another 6-9 minutes and replied all, "Hey, turns out the line got cancelled, I'll be there!

"Gosh - I got put into a sim!"

"Somebody else is going to take my sim!"

"Crud, I have to close the vault."

"Hey, we just closed the vault, are you guys still meeting?"

He was removed the next day.

#1 becomes even more effective when you can convince 20-30 other CGOs in the squadron to do the same. Or just set an autoreply with "Thanks", from 70 of your closest friends, every time you get that CGOC email.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that guys attending AFIT are probably too busy to attending CGOC meetings.

As opposed to those who work on their masters while working a full-time job?

The types that join CGOC don't have full time jobs. That's why you are doing your own travel vouchers and why the squadron is buying all your uniforms for deployment instead of letting LRS handle it.

As opposed to those who work on their masters while working a full-time job?

No, as opposed to those not doing a full time masters.

big blue lets me fly her airplanes!

I’m gonna end up working in a lumberyard the rest of my life.

What’s wrong with lumber? I own two lumberyards.

I notice you don’t spend too much time there.

I’m not sure where they are.

A wise man once said–A flute with no holes is not a flute, A donut with no holes is a danish.

Most appropriate: I think it’s time for the ol’ Billy Baroo. This is a BIG one Billy…Eighty..Thousand..Dollars…Billy..Billy..Billy

Big Blue won't always let you fly "her" airplanes....horizons=expand young SNAP

I laughed then realized that all these people are probably getting promoted well ahead of me.

Don't care as long as big blue lets me fly her airplanes!

That attitude will change when you get RIF'd because you aren't "ahead" of these shoes...

I’m gonna end up working in a lumberyard the rest of my life.

What’s wrong with lumber? I own two lumberyards.

I notice you don’t spend too much time there.

I’m not sure where they are.

A wise man once said–A flute with no holes is not a flute, A donut with no holes is a danish.

Most appropriate: I think it’s time for the ol’ Billy Baroo. This is a BIG one Billy…Eighty..Thousand..Dollars…Billy..Billy..Billy

Big Blue won't always let you fly "her" airplanes....horizons=expand young SNAP

You confuse and intrigue me. Fighter song? If not, they have drugs for your condition.