US Aircraft Crashes in Djibouti, Four Fatalities

skinny

What kind of plane and where were they out of? I still cant't find any details online.

I'm not 100% sure, just what I have heard through the rumor mill. So I'm not going to spread bad information, hopefully more details come out soon.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/02/air-force-4-hurlburt-field-airmen-killed-in-djibouti-022012/

4 Hurlburt Field airmen killed in Djibouti

Staff report

Posted : Monday Feb 20, 2012 10:28:39 EST

Four Hurlburt Field-based airmen were killed in Djibouti, the Defense Department announced Monday.

Capt. Ryan P. Hall, Capt. Nicholas S. Whitlock, 1st Lt. Justin J. Wilkens and Senior Airman Julian S. Scholten were killed Saturday when their U-28 aircraft was involved in an accident near Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti.

Hall, 30, was from Colorado Springs, Colo. He was assigned to the 319th Special Operations Squadron at Hurlburt Field, Fla.

Whitlock, 29, was from Newnan, Ga. Wilkens, 26, was from Bend, Ore. They were both assigned to the 34th Special Operations Squadron at Hurlburt Field, Fla.

Scholten, 26, was from Upper Marlboro, Md. He was assigned to the 25th Intelligence Squadron at Hurlburt Field, Fla.

The cause of the accident is under investigation, the Defense Department said.