A-10 crash at moody

163 FS

I heard his mustache was too wide.

Seriously, one of the news reports quotes the guy who picked up the pilot, who quotes the pilot as saying he had a dual engine flameout.

that same article also had a nice quote from a local who responded to the scene in his golf cart...

Well he managed to punch out, so he must have gotten better.

I heard it was because he didn't know how to use "you're."

I heard that for every three guys who get that recurring joke, there's one dude who doesn't.

• Upvote 2

I heard his mustache was too wide.

Seriously, one of the news reports quotes the guy who picked up the pilot, who quotes the pilot as saying he had a dual engine flameout.

This is why I have always said they should put an engineer on the A-10. Most pilots do not know that one of the jobs of an engineer, besides making sure the pilots do everything on the checklist, is to keep the engines running. Would have definitely helped in this case. Also, this was just a training mission and the guy could not get it right. Think of what would happen if he had the stress of combat to deal with... I think they should redesign the A-10 to include an engineer, WSO, Nav, and radio operator (for complex CAS missions). Can't really think of any other improvements at this time with violating privilege!

• Upvote 1

Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Not if they're not from this country, at which point they are considered a non-American-Asian!

But if they are from the US, then they're called AAFES employees!

• Upvote 5