Gen Welsh - USAF Chief of Staff

busdriver

The leadership at my Guard base is forcing us to use PT gear for all PT tests starting in October. This should probably go in the "WTF?" thread. For all the other Guard guys, is this coming your way?

Been here for more than a year. Also, no alcohol on base, no Friday shirts and no Friday or morale patches.

Edited by SocialD

I feel like I just read an excerpt from one of my SOS Correspondence readings!!

Doesn't matter whether you get 69% or 100% on those dude, kill's a kill, so you might reconsider the intensity of your reading.

Edited by SurelySerious

Doesn't matter whether you get 69% or 100% on those dude, kill's a kill, so you might reconsider the intensity of your reading.

What he means is: "WHY THE F**K ARE YOU ACTUALLY READING THAT S**T?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Back to your regular scheduled program. AMCflyboy, PM me for more information on this concept. :beer:

Edited by discus

The leadership at my Guard base is forcing us to use PT gear for all PT tests starting in October. This should probably go in the "WTF?" thread. For all the other Guard guys, is this coming your way?

Not in my neck of the woods. Haven't heard of it at any other unit either FWIW.

Um... what?

Apparently, I've lost total SA. This is actually happening?

Not even for fini flights! When you're on state property, you play by state rules. I know of at least 3 states with the same rule. It also doesn't help when the Army is part of your chain of command.

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

Why is it he wanted us focused on saving a buck here and there when we could change big things and save TONS of cash???

Because changing the big things takes, among other things, a leap of faith, something today's AF management is (for the most part) deathly afraid of.

• Upvote 1

Another rumor from ACSC...

Practice bleeding (PME correspondence + residence) to stop. No word yet on how they will implement this, but my very simple suggestion would be to not allow enrollment in the appropriate correspondence course until after someone is no longer eligible for their residence PME course.

Also, for those on the fence about the OLMP vs a TUIUIUIUI master's degree...in addition to AAD credit and 3-7 courses of ACSC correspondence completion...it offers another very significant benefit to those who go to ACSC in residence. PM for details.

Not even for fini flights! When you're on state property, you play by state rules. I know of at least 3 states with the same rule. It also doesn't help when the Army is part of your chain of command.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...they take the booze away. Dear God.

Another rumor from ACSC...

Practice bleeding (PME correspondence + residence) to stop. No word yet on how they will implement this, but my very simple suggestion would be to not allow enrollment in the appropriate correspondence course until after someone is no longer eligible for their residence PME course.

This is similar to how they could and should fix the AAD issue. Stop tracking it completely- on SURFs, DVBs, "ribbon charts", etc- until you've pinned on O-4. The handful of career fields that require one for their actual primary duty can keep them if they wish. Won't happen, of course... that would require the AF to acknowledge that some career fields are more equal than others.

.. that would require the AF to acknowledge that some career fields are more equal than others.

Hey, I just found out about 69 seconds ago that there is actually an AFI covering this sort of shit. Guess I will have to stop discriminating now.

ThreeHoler, that is a fantastic idea. Hopefully someone will listen.

Another rumor from ACSC... Practice bleeding (PME correspondence + residence) to stop. No word yet on how they will implement this, but my very simple suggestion would be to not allow enrollment in the appropriate correspondence course until after someone is no longer eligible for their residence PME course.

This sounds the same as what was being sold at SOS last summer. Do not know if it has gotten closer to implementation, but if they are still talking about it, then there must be some traction.

This sounds the same as what was being sold at SOS last summer. Do not know if it has gotten closer to implementation, but if they are still talking about it, then there must be some traction.

I know when I was at SOS in 13B the commandant was pushing hard for correspondence to be only open once you have passed your eligibility window had passed that way they don't have to have so many people on staff to cover both in res and correspondence folks. Sounded like the AU commander was backing it as well. Lets just hope that it really happens soon though.

Edited by cragspider

I feel like I just read an excerpt from one of my SOS Correspondence readings!! Either way, well said. The leadership at my Guard base is forcing us to use PT gear for all PT tests starting in October. This should probably go in the "WTF?" thread. For all the other Guard guys, is this coming your way?

Been standard for the past couple of years at my last two guard bases.