I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

M2

I still have a handfull left of the color and tan ones. So any one who needs a set. Just let me know.

afsocwes@aol.com

post-4597-126095079286_thumb.jpg

The author of AFBlues.com is headed to the Deid this week. In honor of it, all the comics will be reflective belt themed. Here is todays:

2009-12-16.jpg

So I was watching the awesome 24/7 propaganda network known as AFN the other day and saw a documentary on Army training. These guys are busting in doors, low crawling, being all tactical, yet all were wearing reflective belts.

On another note, to go along w/ the IHRB and The 'Deid thread, would anyone be interested in some Anti-Shoeclerk tabs? I only wanted one made, but ended up getting like 20.

Edited by Mi Scusi!

So I was watching the awesome 24/7 propaganda network known as AFN the other day and saw a documentary on Army training. These guys are busting in doors, low crawling, being all tactical, yet all were wearing reflective belts.

On another note, to go along w/ the IHRB and The 'Deid thread, would anyone be interested in some Anti-Shoeclerk tabs? I only wanted one made, but ended up getting like 20.

Need pics of those. Thanks.

...just finished a whole week of wearing my reflective belt @ homestation. The LRS was having an inspection, so the wing made it mandatory for EVERYONE to wear their belt to help show support. Nothing gayer than having to wear a reflective belt during daylight.

On a side note, during a recent Wg/CC call, the LRS commander got up and told us about the inspection. She said "If we don't do our job correctly, people die." I shit you not.

On a side note, during a recent Wg/CC call, the LRS commander got up and told us about the inspection. She said "If we don't do our job correctly, people die." I shit you not.

As a frequent lurker and an LRO, I am ashamed to hear about this crap. RBs have their place, on the flight line, in the middle of night. Sorry to hear that you have had to endure @$$ pain because of the LRS.

Something strange happened at Hurbie the other evening. Driving on the road between the clinic and BX/Commissary, it was dark, I may have even been speeding (just a little). A couple of people in uniform were approaching the road from the clinic, I actually saw them in plenty of time to stop (a couple of people on this board have seen my truck and know that stopping it is no small feat) had they continued across the road, but they didn’t, they stopped and looked BOTH ways before crossing. Now here’s the weird part, neither one of them was wearing a reflective belt, nor, did they die.

So, there is two to add to the not wearing an RB and didn’t die statistic.

they stopped and looked BOTH ways before crossing

Well they should have been wearing RBs, thus rendering "look both ways" useless. No need to look before crossing the street means less energy expended, thus more energy can be spent on being closed 4/7 days of the week while deployed. It's science.

Funny how we were all taught the simple "look both ways" when we were 3 yrs old and all of us have avoided getting hit by vehicles without wearing RBs. I hate this ridiculous "safety conscious" society.

Close call tonight. I was driving home from Wal-mart with lights on, etc, at 20mph. From an intersecting road a Senior NCO runs right in front of me (not bagging, just guessing since he ran to one of the SNCO houses in the neighborhood) decked out in full reflective gear including: reflective PT gear, belt, and vest. He was wearing the full invincibility suit. I thought I was coming up against Iron Man (sts). I was only able to prevent serious damage to my minivan full of kids by using max performance braking.

Thanks goodness for reflective gear. Without it, he never would have had the courage to run into the middle of the street in front of oncoming traffic, and his workout might have been momentarily interrupted.

[...]Without it, he never would have had the courage to run into the middle of the street in front of oncoming traffic, and his workout might have been momentarily interrupted.

Quoted for truth.

I noticed shortly after I entered the military that I had to consciously recage my brain when on leave: I couldn't just saunter across North Michigan Ave on a tuesday afternoon and expect the cabbies to politely wave after stopping for me. Yet, sometime before I was on the yellow footprints, before reflective belts were all the rage, we began conditioning folks to walk first look both ways later.

Here's a thought: no more reflective belts, crosswalks and crossing signals at all intersections, and SP's go on a 6 month jaywalking citation push. You'll be the safest pedestrian base on the planet.

Maybe this is just me, has anyone else noticed that a few years ago, you crossed a street and the street signals be damned? I.e., getting ready to cross a street in DC with no traffic coming but the "Dont walk" sign was on. Used to be, you would just cross since no traffic is coming. I did that, and the group I was with looked at me like I just blew a toll booth.

Anyone else notice this or am i just too sensitive?

I was out riding my road bike (bicycle) earlier this week, came to a four way stop, slowed to almost a complete stop (I have clipless pedals so those familiar know it's a pain to completely stop, clip out, and get started again). No other traffic at the other three stops, rolled through....cop behind me. He got on his loud speaker and advised me "That WAS a stop sign back there :nob: " I just thought "whatever dude", but I did this :salut:

Quoted for truth.

I noticed shortly after I entered the military that I had to consciously recage my brain when on leave: I couldn't just saunter across North Michigan Ave on a tuesday afternoon and expect the cabbies to politely wave after stopping for me. Yet, sometime before I was on the yellow footprints, before reflective belts were all the rage, we began conditioning folks to walk first look both ways later.

Here's a thought: no more reflective belts, crosswalks and crossing signals at all intersections, and SP's go on a 6 month jaywalking citation push. You'll be the safest pedestrian base on the planet.

Or how about drivers and pedestrians just use some common sense when driving down the road/crossing the street. I know.. I know.. Too much to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this "Son-of Reflective Belt" guy on facebook legit? Or some kind of spy sent to destroy us all? Just wondering... the crackhead tried to "friend" me... like I know who the f#ck you are or something.... ya know I could even get into a long pet-peeve story about people that do that, but I won't.

• Upvote 1

Is this "Son-of Reflective Belt" guy on facebook legit? Or some kind of spy sent to destroy us all? Just wondering... the crackhead tried to "friend" me... like I know who the f#ck you are or something.... ya know I could even get into a long pet-peeve story about people that do that, but I won't.

He's looking to jump on a bandwagon that he wished he had started. The bandwagon btw, now has 24,074 members and counting.

Close call tonight. I was driving home from Wal-mart with lights on, etc, at 20mph. From an intersecting road a Senior NCO runs right in front of me (not bagging, just guessing since he ran to one of the SNCO houses in the neighborhood) decked out in full reflective gear including: reflective PT gear, belt, and vest. He was wearing the full invincibility suit. I thought I was coming up against Iron Man (sts). I was only able to prevent serious damage to my minivan full of kids by using max performance braking.

Thanks goodness for reflective gear. Without it, he never would have had the courage to run into the middle of the street in front of oncoming traffic, and his workout might have been momentarily interrupted.

:thumbsup: Hilarious! If you're too f'ing stupid to not look both ways before crossing a street and need to depend on relectivity to save you, then you do not deserve to live.

Let me add some more buffoonery to this fire.

UCI at my guard base recently. The wing CC mandates "wear of reflective belts 24/7". This includes during hours of daylight, while indoors, while upstairs in a two story building, while driving your vehicle to and from the base, while at your hotel off base if you're not from the local area, if you are in civilian clothes on base. Hell to me 24/7 means 24/7 so if you're in the shower at home... better have a belt on. Fucking the wife? Better be wearing your belt!

The Wing CC also directed 1st Sgts to go to the local hotels and make sure his out of town traditionals were wearing the belt at the hotel "just in case an inspector sees them during their off duty time". Those caught without a belt on "will be severely reprimanded".

The gate guards were checking people as they entered the base to ensure they had on reflective belts in their car!

- More -

All no hat/no salute areas on base were null and void during the UCI; this includes the ramp.

You could not address an airman or NCO as airman or sergeant. It had to be Airman First Class Snuffy or Technical Sergeant Beergut, etc.

The full time AGR and technicians were mandated to take down all personal items from their desks/offices. No pics of the kids or wife, etc.

The list goes on but I'm finding myself getting pissed off the more I type so I'm going to end there.

God in heaven vertigo, that sounds shitty. Way to take one for the team...whoever that CC is should choke himself. If I'm ever an inspector some day far in the future I'd write someone up for ordering stupid shit like that. However...

Fucking the wife? Better be wearing your belt!

THIS will be the first thing I try when I get home. I think that would make about the best sex tape ever :rock:

What do you think, bandoleer style for some extra flair? Around my forehead like the karate kid?