MC-12 Liberty info

Guest Safe&Clear

I don't think anyone doubts my experience because I have listed some credentials in previous threads. Thank you. Please keep moving on because you are trying to enter a conversation you have no knowledge about.

You posted your credentials!?!? GASP! isnt that an OPSEC violation???

I think everyone doubts your experience. It sounds to me like you're a salty former back-ender who thinks he knows the best usage of metal and money just because he was voluntold into a pile of air medals. You sir, are a troll

Edited by 10percenttruth

I'm curious how this guy thinks an ISR aircraft is going to save lives, let's toss out Katrina as an example. How exactly would a couple generic ISR aircraft with generic capes (wouldn't want to piss off the OPSEC nazis) have really made anything better? What were the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard crews lacking in capability?

I'm curious how this guy thinks an ISR aircraft is going to save lives, let's toss out Katrina as an example. How exactly would a couple generic ISR aircraft with generic capes (wouldn't want to piss off the OPSEC nazis) have really made anything better? What were the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard crews lacking in capability?

They don't. Unless you are a general and can't function without 69 feeds of meaningless isr coverage to stare at and micromanage. We've tried this before, it was a colossal waste of time and $$.

Maybe if people stop appointing folks to lead FEMA who were directors at band camp, things could get done in a reasonable amount of time.

The current administrator actually seems to have a pretty full resume that details a lifetime of emergency response service and leadership. Don't know the guy at all or if he's any good in practice, but it's easy to say "they're band camp leaders!" but look at this dude and tell me that's true.

When catastrophes happen, authorities turn to the military because they know how to lead and get things done.

Yea, well that and their massive budget and stockpiles of equipment plus ability to put thousands of able-bodied people on the ground anywhere in the country within hours and leave them there indefinitely until the disaster is over. That may be part of it...

My point is at some point in the future and due to federal budget restraints FEMA could go away.

Not gonna happen.

I have a lot of examples of how a wise natural disaster commander could use the platform.

Let's hear it, because I can think of a lot of ways a disaster commander would want to use a platform such as the MC-12 that would provide minimal actual disaster relief at the cost of launching sortie after sortie. Not that 350s are expensive to operate, but knowing the business of what they do, I don't see the need for them CONUS disasters. Would the Guard love to do it, sure; would the state leaders love to have it, sure. Happy customers!

But is it worth the cost, is it the most effective use of those resources, are there other platforms that are better suited that we also already have in the inventory, those are the questions being raised here. The fact that "your customers are happy" isn't necessarily the right answer in the game of effectively allocating scarce resources.

I am going to give a good example of the C-27 for example. People in New York and New Jersey didn't have power and cell phone towers were down. Would it have killed people to drop leaflets from a C-27 to lett people know where they can go to get the following: food, water, clothing, internet access, blankets, etc? Or dropping a bus schedule of when you are planning on coming out to hand out these items. I guess sending folks door to door is great but so many options exist. (I know the C-27 is going away and it would cost too much for a C-130 to do a leaflet drop.)

You're justification for launching a C-27 sortie is to dump a bunch of trash (i.e. what leaflets turn into about 6-9 seconds after someone sees them) onto a neighborhood in New Jersey??

Did you guys know that SECDEF Gates wanted the MC-12, but the AF didn't want the platform? He was having to battle with AF leadership for the aircraft. That's why the project took so long to get going or it would have been in OIF years earlier.

Did you guys know the sky is blue? What do you think your audience is here chief?

Some people do not like prop driven aircraft.

And those people are idiots. Haters gon hate, fact of life. And guess who was at the helm during the Liberty standup? A prop guy...what was your point again?

Edited by nsplayr

• 2 months later...

I'm heading down that way soon...anyone have the current gouge on deployment tempo?

Without getting into details for OPSEC reasons, expect to fly a lot, as in 10 days straight with a day break, rinse and repeat. Some of us are getting extended. Plenty of work to do out here. Squadron queep is kept at a minimum here at Kandyland. Just got a new CC and he is stellar. While the rest of the non flying parts of the base have their heads up their asses our squadron really has its' s*it together.

Without getting into details for OPSEC reasons, expect to fly a lot, as in 10 days straight with a day break, rinse and repeat. Some of us are getting extended. Plenty of work to do out here. Squadron queep is kept at a minimum here at Kandyland. Just got a new CC and he is stellar. While the rest of the non flying parts of the base have their heads up their asses our squadron really has its' s*it together.

Thanks for the info! Any word on tour length and dwell at home?

Thanks for the info! Any word on tour length and dwell at home?

If you know someone at Beale right now, contact them for the lowdown or PM me. The manning piece is constantly changing, and this isn't the place to get into details.

Dream Big is pretty spot on with what's up here at the moment. Not sure how long you've been here, but there's definitely a little bit of queep creep. It's not bad, but it could be better.