Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

300,000 people over 120 performances?!

All they need is another Super Bowl pregame and they can claim "millions." So in the next 12 months, they'll convince 300,000 people that the AF budget crunch must be a joke. Awesome. bash.gif

But guys!

“It’s more than entertainment. They will return to their bases better airmen, which then will help build a better Air Force.” said Col. David Anderson, director of programs for the Air Force Services Agency.

:vomit:

These guys think that being Tops in Blue alums is synonymous with being Weapons School graduates or something? That's sure as fuck what it sounds like to me.

I hope they enjoy getting back to their rigorous 10-2 every-other-day work schedule.

Fuck Tops in Blue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ponis

The impact of cancelling the TIB tour was so significant and disheartening, not a f*cking thing changed.

Guest Sandlapper

"...Each year, the team spends a month performing downrange to help maintain a high level of morale for those working in dangerous and austere conditions. The team's goal is to not only entertain the troops, but give them a chance to clear their minds and motivate them for their missions.

Tops in Blue members tour for an average of 10 months. They work around the clock, sometimes logging 20-hour work days.

However, team members said they're ready to sacrifice time away from their friends and families to serve others.

"We've gone through extensive training to prepare for road life and the stress we may encounter," said Airman 1st Class..."

Oh dear God. Someone give these warriors a medal...20+ hour workdays singing Celine Dion & Elton John covers. Fly-Fight-Win.

"...Each year, the team spends a month performing downrange to help maintain a high level of morale for those working in dangerous and austere conditions. The team's goal is to not only entertain the troops, but give them a chance to clear their minds and motivate them for their missions.

Tops in Blue members tour for an average of 10 months. They work around the clock, sometimes logging 20-hour work days.

However, team members said they're ready to sacrifice time away from their friends and families to serve others.

"We've gone through extensive training to prepare for road life and the stress we may encounter," said Airman 1st Class..."

Oh dear God. Someone give these warriors a medal...20+ hour workdays singing Celine Dion & Elton John covers. Fly-Fight-Win.

post-2362-0-89577300-1306413191_thumb.jp

Guest Ponis

I'm surprised Big Blue hasn't designated TIB as an MWS. After all, Expeditionary Entertainment Units are critical to the war fighting effort.

I've got a better idea. You know what would really raise my morale? Send the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders or the Playmate of the Year on a USO tour. Same or less money, more effect, and morale is actually lifted! Problem solved.

• Upvote 3

My comment about cost cutting and wasted resources didn't make it either :bash:

I'd check back on that. A bunch made it through now. My count is 3 cheerleaders and 25 critics advocating shutdown. Surprised PA hasn't killed the comments.

Guest Ponis

I've got a better idea. You know what would really raise my morale? Send the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders or the Playmate of the Year on a USO tour. Same or less money, more effect, and morale is actually lifted! Problem solved.

One problem with this...it make sense. If it makes sense, it aint gonna happen.

Comments button worked for me.

"Everyone finally gets to see all the hard work the Tops in Blue production staff poured into us," said Staff Sgt. Derek Speights, a male vocalist on the team and an aircraft fuels system craftsman from Moody Air Force Base, Ga. "From broken knees to broken egos, we've been through a lot to get to this moment."

On this Memorial Day, I'd like to take a moment to remember all the broken egos of our brave TIB servicemembers...him him.

• Upvote 1

My comment didn't make it; what a shame.

Mine didn't either. This makes about a dozen comments I've made to various af.mil stories, that didn't "make the grade".

Guest Crew Report

Apparently wings (he's a -135 Boom) aren't mandatory in Mess Dress now.

boren.jpg