Jump to content
If you posted something on 21 Feb 21, it likely didn't stick during the server migration. -DFRESH ×

The Purge Pt 2 is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Focusing on the combat capability again. 

I'm sure the Russian and Chinese Air Forces just published similar guidance.  

Well fellas, since the manning crisis has been solved by Covid, that frees up some resources to boot the undesirables.   As we all know, there is no possible way airline hiring is going to p

Posted Images

A lot of tough talk on “Accelerate Change or Lose,” to Russia and China yet waste time on this PC BS.  AF leadership is probably just trying to preemptively toe the line with one of the many “priorities” of the incoming administration. 

Probably so as to leading the turn with the new administration.

If a somewhat sterile and strictly professional culture is what is required now due to where the overall culture is then so be it, state that plainly and clearly and don’t try to pretend your still keeping the old traditions and culture. It’s just awkward and depressing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bet that as Clark said, this is a self-protection insurance measure from the future admin.  That way the SecAF can immediately say "Ma'am, we're already on it, I have the fun police scouring the AF as we speak."

In general, if you're going to get a punishment, better to be from your immediate commander than from his boss's boss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, 08Dawg said:

But perfectly acceptable to sell at the BX. 

Playboy, Penthouse, and other titty mags back in the day. They even sold that chick mag with dudes in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess MX and Cop Sq's will comply also, but they were never issued morale anything to begin with. Old Soviet saying, hows the new boss? Same as the old boss.

 

Edited by Prosuper
content
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Old Soviet saying, hows the new boss? Same as the old boss...

That's from a Who song with a very ironic title! 

The Who - Won't get fooled again Yeah moment on Make a GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M2 said:

That's from a Who song with a very ironic title! 

 

Ah... don't try to fool me again, M2.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mightymighty said:

So does this mean they'll finally do something about this?

They did, I think social media pressure actually got them off their asses...

image.png.b9a230b11335009129d9dfcddb61f46a.png

Though they don't seem to have an easily accessible high quality version. Seems like they wanted to make the correction quietly... looks like vipers to me

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

well, airline pencil tabs got MAGNUM'd out here today. Not an airline guy, but considering the bent of the SECAF letter was the presumed liability of whatever ethno/race-identifying historical patches were still in presumed circulation, homing-on-jam on the airline/"outside agencies" thing was the weirdest flex to say the least. 🤷‍♂️

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hindsight2020 said:

well, airline pencil tabs got MAGNUM'd out here today. Not an airline guy, but considering the bent of the SECAF letter was the presumed liability of whatever ethno/race-identifying historical patches were still in presumed circulation, homing-on-jam on the airline/"outside agencies" thing was the weirdest flex to say the least. 🤷‍♂️

Cowardly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there really is enough airline stuff going on in the squadron already.  There's nothing else anyone in the unit can come up with to put on the tab that's better?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, SocialD said:

 

Lol, that's kind of a running joke on our base.  Illegal to have alcohol on base, but it's perfectly fine for the shopette to sell it.  

That's just for us retirees...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Longhorn15 said:

Illegal to have alcohol on base? Where is that happening?

 

Certain Guard bases.  It has to do with our facilities being state grounds and alcohol not being permitted on state property.  I don't believe it's every state, but I've been Guest help in two other states that have the same rules.  It seems to highly depend on who TAG is at the time.  If TAG is Army, then it tends to be a higher priority to enforce...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SocialD said:

 

Certain Guard bases.  It has to do with our facilities being state grounds and alcohol not being permitted on state property.  I don't believe it's every state, but I've been Guest help in two other states that have the same rules.  It seems to highly depend on who TAG is at the time.  If TAG is Army, then it tends to be a higher priority to enforce...

The Washington ANG can’t have booze in their buildings on Fairchild because of some incident the Washington NG did eons ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, brwwg&b said:

They did, I think social media pressure actually got them off their asses...

image.png.b9a230b11335009129d9dfcddb61f46a.png

Though they don't seem to have an easily accessible high quality version. Seems like they wanted to make the correction quietly... looks like vipers to me

I wrote them and got a draft of the proposed new emblem. Not approved yet but in coordination. 
 

CD64EF33-660B-45F2-99B4-8039C994B068.pdf

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still a thousand times better than AD, despite the bullshit alcohol policies that exist in some places. And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FLEA said:

Wow.... And just like that my fantasies of how awesome the guard is were broken. 

 

It does have it's upsides.  Having a bar off base makes for much more fun times than one on base.

 

44 minutes ago, brabus said:

And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

 

This!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...