Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

It’s time for the Air Force to cut loose any ideas of retention, drop the bonus to $0, and focus on growing our way forward.  You only need one-two gray beards at the top to run a flying squadron.  The rest can be O-3 and below.  Higher risk?  Sure, a little.  Push people through UPT in 6-months, FTUs in 2 months, double the output, and GROW our AF out of the pilot shortage.  Retention is a useless fight at this point.  Drop the bonus to $0.  We will be just fine.

Edited by General Chang
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, General Chang said:

It’s time for the Air Force to cut loose any ideas of retention, drop the bonus to $0, and focus on growing our way forward.  You only need one-two gray beards at the top to run a flying squadron.  The rest can be O-3 and below.  Higher risk?  Sure, a little.  Push people through UPT in 6-months, FTUs in 2 months, double the output, and GROW our AF out of the pilot shortage.  Retention is a useless fight at this point.  Drop the bonus to $0.  We will be just fine.

How ignorant and souless your viewpoint is...while you're at it just eliminate all programs which virtue-signal people's value and importance. Not saying don't produce as much as you can, but it's a balance AND relationship with the workforce. Under your imperative, just burn all programs down which support retention, so that's adios to what - CDCs, MWR, MFLC, heck why not Doctors. And, oh yeah, how do you like your droid'icas? And how is the darkside of force treating ya?

...people aren't disposable commodities

23 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

You know it’s just Bashi’s troll account right?

I just couldn't let it slide.  I stopped short of answering all the other baiting-posts Chang made today...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, General Chang said:

I mean the latter half of this is going to happen somewhat anyways.

T-6 direct coming to a MAF/SOF RTU soon.

PAUSEX, PAUSEX, PAUSEX...

Tactical Pause...

Timeout...

image.png.ce6b363b4d453e55feae1fbd31baa073.png

Edited by Swizzle
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/air-force-delays-bonuses-new-assignments-political-feud-space-commands-rcna93491
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

Bwahahahaa! They ran out of money, mudda-fugging-ing idiots. This checks with Cannon getting a bunch of reservists to come out and then realizing they didn’t have the funding.

I mean when Congress cuts you off, not much you can do.  Its not just the bonus program, its everything. 

Notice the cryptic, scare tactic of while $ lasts one can re-contract that being when, IF, it returns, but all under the overarching context of the notification that the personnel budget just ran out of $ under their management. It drips with conflict.

...but AF/AFPC won't share how much or how many contracts potential slots remain. I don't know if AvB is in a separate pot/color of $ which is isolated. Is the medical professionals bonus $ separate?

To any young guys reading who know this but want to hear it externally: 

If you were on the fence before about taking the bonus, it is not rational to take the bonus solely based on [alleged] scarcity.  The value of the money and your time has not changed. (If you were going to take it but haven’t yet, scarcity is a rational consideration. So are continuing messes like this.)

Sadly, somewhere, some flesh-peddling fvck is seeing this cluster as an opportunity to pump up his rookie numbers. 

I have an ADSC out to 20 years. I was planning on signing the bonus today. I logged in this morning to see that the window closed at 1630 CDT last night. "Surprise, fvcker!"

My UPT ADSC is up soon and I could've been free from these games. I regret choosing to stay in the AF.

Edited by bad_timing