F-22 Raptor info

Beaver

because landing the plane shouldn't be the most difficult or dangerous part of the sortie.

Wait. I thought landing on an aircraft carrier was the most heroic feat of aviation prowess ever devised.

Edited by Beaver

This was coming from a legend in the fighter community. Made sense way back then. Still does.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I will concede that everyone can probably use a couple overheads on the TR-2 ride in RTU. However, I don't think they have to do a touch and go.

OK,... I copy all (including the fact that Brabus won't even to spend time in the squadron bar, since that's a few minutes he could be in the vault),... however, if you're going to do the overhead and eat up the time anyways, why wouldn't you do the T&G? You just burned up 1000+ gallons of fuel, pulled enough G's to continue to put significant stress on the jet as compared to a T&G. Is answer in the fighter/attack community honestly "tire wear"?

I've landed the Viper from the front seat, and Hornet and T-45 from the back. They are "easy to land". Got it.

Edited by Huggyu2

I've landed the Viper from the front seat, and Hornet and T-45 from the back. They are "easy to land". Got it.

Yeah, the Fighting Falcon is easy to land, but it's not necessarily easy to land well. It's the only aircraft I've flown where I was told I needed to "bump" the stick forward as I touch down to counter the change in pitch rate and prevent getting airborne again.

Edited by Muscle2002

http://www.flightglo...en-woes-372642/

From the article: "Ironically, some of the safety measures that the USAF added after the service lifted the grounding such as flying with a negative-pressure carbon-filter--which is having oxygen pushed through it under pressure-- and with the oxygen system set on maximum at all times probably exacerbated the problem, the source says.

Wow.....Unintended consequences. Good luck, you guys might still need it,

• 1 month later...

Today's headline

“But as soon as you get to the merge…” Pfeiffer said, referring to the point at which fighters engage in close-up dogfighting, “in that area, at least, the Typhoon doesn’t necessarily have to fear the F-22 in all aspects… In the dogfight the Eurofighter is at least as capable as the F-22, with advantages in some aspects.”

"

Grumbrecht said that even if his planes did everything right, they weren’t able to get within 20 miles of the next-generation jets before being targeted."

It doesn't surprise me that Raptors wouldn't be victorious in all wvr merges. It would surprise me if they (Eurofighters) were able to get to those merges without getting schwacked on the way. But shit happens and that's why you practice BFM/ACM.

And the Eurofighter ain't exactly a slouch. Nor are the cats flying 'em.

*Edit for grammatical buffoonery

Edited by Danger41

Yeah, the Fighting Falcon is easy to land, but it's not necessarily easy to land well. It's the only aircraft I've flown where I was told I needed to "bump" the stick forward as I touch down to counter the change in pitch rate and prevent getting airborne again.

You're doing it wrong.

And we call them Vipers. What do you fly?

"we" don't call them vipers. "you" call them vipers.

"we" call them fighting falcons, pork falcons, porkers, LGPOS, lawn darts, tinker toys, etc.

And how many times are you going to pull this "what do you fly" shit like you're in a dick measuring contest for the insecure?

• Upvote 2

"we" call them fighting falcons, pork falcons, porkers, LGPOS, lawn darts, tinker toys, etc.

And how many times are you going to pull this "what do you fly" shit like you're in a dick measuring contest for the insecure?

1256512703.jpg

Edit: On second thought...you kinda got the point with your first statement...

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

You're doing it wrong.

You're probably right, but I would venture the majority of Viper pilots experienced this the first few times they flew the aircraft. Last time I checked neither the T-37, T-6 or T-38 use a pitch rate/AoA command system for landing which requires different compensation.

I flew Strike Eagles, or Mudhens as you probably call them.

You may have to "bump the stick" in Falcon 4.0 or whatever video game you play, but not in the Viper.

Okay, I'm telling you what I saw and the reasoning behind it.

Edited by Muscle2002

You're probably right, but I would venture the majority of Viper pilots experienced this the first few times they flew the aircraft. Last time I checked neither the T-37, T-6 or T-38 use a pitch rate/AoA command system for landing which requires different compensation.

I flew Strike Eagles, or Mudhens as you probably call them.

Okay, I'm telling you what I saw and the reasoning behind it.

Congrats. You're going to like your new trunk monkey. Less talking in the brief.

F16_DTU.jpg

You did miss the point, because you wanted or expected this to be a dick measuring contest. It wasn't.

You did miss the point, because you wanted or expected this to be a dick measuring contest. It wasn't.

Ok...

...so what was it then?

I'll bite.....Muscle2002 thought he had knowledge of how to land the Viper, but then called it the Fighting Falcon, something a real F-16 pilot would never say. My point was that he was NOT a Viper pilot but somebody that learned it on Falcon 4.0, or rumor, or WOM. So I told the forum what we really called it, and tried to call him out as a fake/wannabe. Turns out he is a fighter pilot.....I always preferred lawn dart.

Edited by matmacwc