Recruiting Crisis: 9% want to serve

gearhog

On 8/4/2023 at 12:49 AM, Pooter said:

If you trust people to fly multi million dollar supersonic aircraft, you should trust that their uniforms are in order.. unless they specifically give you a reason to think otherwise. 

If the military trusted their folks then there wouldn’t be a need for random drug tests where some random dude watches you take a piss.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:49 PM, Pooter said:

None of what you said is wrong but I lean more toward "treat people like adults until they give you a reason not to."

Periodic inspections are onerous and a waste of time unless you're specifically having dress and appearance issues in the unit. If dudes are coming in with dirty, torn up flight suits, unshaven, and with hair out of regs, then maybe it's time for a blues day. But only for those specific individuals and only for as long as it takes to fix the problem. 

The uniform is a tool to teach attention to detail, unit cohesion, and pride in your appearance.  Much like other silly things you get reamed for in boot camp, its importance wanes massively once you get real responsibilities.  Years of training later into the fast jet business, dress and appearance should be a given.  Not something you need to periodically spot check. 

If you trust people to fly multi million dollar supersonic aircraft, you should trust that their uniforms are in order.. unless they specifically give you a reason to think otherwise. 

You get periodic check rides in the aircraft to ensure your skills are up to par right?  I think the idea of open ranks for 90% of career fields is archaic and dumb but.....

On 8/5/2023 at 8:35 AM, HeloDude said:

where some random dude watches you take a piss.

If I identify as woman, does a chick get to watch me pee?   That's the avenue I'd take. Might as well turn a lemon into lemonade lol.  

22 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Wait…I thought you already did identify as a woman?

That was a rough night in Ramstein.  I was for sure that nobody found out about it.  Lol. It doesn't count when you're role-playing.  

Edit: At least that is what the AFI states.

AFI-Woke-gay-6-9 vol 2:  "Identifing as a woman only counts if it is determined that he/she/it/them/Hail Satan(that one slipped)/rabbits/big nutted helicopter pilots, etc..., identified for more than a 24-hour period or within 12 hours of takeoff".  

Edited by Biff_T
I needed a reference

On 8/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, brabus said:

@ClearedHot I wish I could meet your dad over a bottle of scotch…bet he has some badass stories!

Same here man!!!

On 8/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, Biff_T said:

If I identify as woman, does a chick get to watch me pee?   That's the avenue I'd take. Might as well turn a lemon into lemonade lol.  

No shit there I was…Buckley SFB and I have to go do a urinalysis. I am waiting with 6 to 9 others (1 of whom is a chick) for our pee gazers to be available. The chick says she is ready to go and her observer was a trans individual transitioning from male to female. She said she wasn’t comfortable and I could see storm clouds brewing…

Not sure how that all turned out but I can report that I had one of those life changing pisses like Lloyd Christmas in the Mutt Cutt’s van.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

No shit there I was…Buckley SFB and I have to go do a urinalysis. I am waiting with 6 to 9 others (1 of whom is a chick) for our pee gazers to be available. The chick says she is ready to go and her observer was a trans individual transitioning from male to female. She said she wasn’t comfortable and I could see storm clouds brewing…

Not sure how that all turned out but I can report that I had one of those life changing pisses like Lloyd Christmas in the Mutt Cutt’s van.

Ok, Paul Harvey, what’s the rest of that story?

All jokes aside.  My middle son is leaving for Navy bootcamp in an hour.   He's going for SWCC.  Ive met some of his fellow trainees (been training with navy special warfare dudes for over a year) and there are still bad ass kids out there.  I dont think they yell about it on social media as loud as the greenhaired woke Hobbits trying to neuter our male population though.  We still have little bad asses out there.  Sleep safe.  

Edit: 

My son after a few helicopter rides:

20230814_090842.gif.bb5b3cc79c3e8e65210ea7b2bd3f6eb9.gif

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 9

On 8/2/2023 at 7:05 PM, SocialD said:

Mess dress was the biggest waste of money ever. 

I've worn mine 3 times in the past 12 months.  UPT Graduation, formal military banquet, wedding (saber line). 

Re: Brabus' comment on scarves... when the "no morale shirt" guidance came out a few months ago, a number of us dug through our stuff and found our old scarves. The pilots quit wearing them after 9/11, but a number of us continue to wear them again. And some of the newer pilots seem to be joining in. 

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I've worn mine 3 times in the past 12 mo

I still wear mine on ladies night at Cali Cocktails in Cypress, they all think Im a special ops F-22 pilot and a General though.  Don't tell my wife. 

2nd Edit: Or the ladies 

It's all about that cummerbund baby.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I've worn mine 3 times in the past 12 months.  UPT Graduation, formal military banquet, wedding (saber line). 

Awesome, sounds like your ROI was much better than mine.  I can't be too upset though, the AF paid for mine via a one time Officer uniform allowance of $400.  Actually, I just gave away my mess dress last week.  A pilot who transferred into the ANG from the Marines though he may need a set, so it may get a few more uses yet.  

52 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

whats the regulation that allows the wearing of scarfs. These damn NONers at my wing have our leadership cracking down on any sort of morale.

Make a fake FCIF, print it up and put a few in your pocket lol.  Hand them out like a business card, when the clerks come talking.  That should confuse them enough for you to walk back into the strip bar with your scarf fully displayed.  Lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

whats the regulation that allows the wearing of scarfs. These damn NONers at my wing have our leadership cracking down on any sort of morale.

36-2903 MAJCOM sup. Only for reference when trying to beat the man at his own game. 

• Upvote 1

So wait, you guy aren't fucking with us here?  There are really squadrons out there that aren't allowing morale shirts?  ...and as a result, people are resorting to wearing scarves?  WTF, I leave for one damn month and everyone loses their fuckin' minds?!  But seriously, please tell me that there is more than just one squadron that doesn't have weak dick leadership and is still rocking morale shirts.

• Haha 1

The updated uniform reg stated that only coyote brown undershirts will be worn and got rid of the colored morale shirt. I legitimately think most people either didn’t read it or don’t care because I’ve seen zero change. Which is good.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SocialD said:

So wait, you guy aren't fucking with us here?  There are really squadrons out there that aren't allowing morale shirts?  ...and as a result, people are resorting to wearing scarves?  WTF, I leave for one damn month and everyone loses their fuckin' minds?!  But seriously, please tell me that there is more than just one squadron that doesn't have weak dick leadership and is still rocking morale shirts.

We’re still wearing them (ANG squadron)

4 hours ago, O Face said:

We’re still wearing them (ANG squadron)

my ANG base... a tanker base out of all places, no more morale shirts. Some damn first shirt at the wing level complaint and now it's a big no-no. So f@#$ those guys I am wear a scarf as a big F you to these NONers. 

3 hours ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

my ANG base... a tanker base out of all places, no more morale shirts. Some damn first shirt at the wing level complaint and now it's a big no-no. So f@#$ those guys I am wear a scarf as a big F you to these NONers. 

That sgt needs a good old fashioned Marine code red (if that is even a real thing) to help recalibrate his/her priorities.

we just got our shipment of morale shirts in coyote brown (AFRC associate). Had to go thru the expense of transposing the art into the compliant color, but I guess that's the " resiliency option" in this instance. The airline pencil tabs were outlawed a while ago, but those are being rocked pretty defiantly here recently. Honestly the attrition and turnover in the regaf side is so high rn they're frankly not paying attention to misc reservist virtue signaling.