World War III Updates

gearhog

1) Never trust the first DIM count

2) Given that it sounds like the weather was absolute dogshit and they were flying in the mountains…oh and that they’re Iranian pilots (I can’t imagine they’re any better than the Iraqi pilots I flew with), my bet is they’re all probably dead.

3) I’m sure Israel will be blamed for it somehow 

1) Never trust the first DIM count
2) Given that it sounds like the weather was absolute dogshit and they were flying in the mountains…oh and that they’re Iranian pilots (I can’t imagine they’re any better than the Iraqi pilots I flew with), my bet is they’re all probably dead.

d4c77075e4d40e45dcac6b69f9b4e3bd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HeloDude said:

image.png.f820fda0af2442755a02888626004b48.png

Turns out, our fault again. Do we paint the helo on the Deid WX shop?

Edited by Inertia17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

…and the White House offers their condolences.  From the same county that just a few weeks ago launched a massive attack against our greatest ally in the region, and that we used our own military to stop.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4675189-us-offers-condolences-criticism-in-aftermath-of-iranian-presidents-death/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1SB9nmEg7TYr6iGKPEonzgoSIObuhtM6bOKHH5DI5OFD0o8l5luHmOt7E_aem_AenWzSEhLKq6lwo0StfQZ0LPvtyV4TCgQm3gekjrKG0MCqF1i0_3GjlyS61y5SRkoTUqZLLwpOvuVMxMCitu8G9D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

…and the White House offers their condolences.  From the same county that just a few weeks ago launched a massive attack against our greatest ally in the region, and that we used our own military to stop.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4675189-us-offers-condolences-criticism-in-aftermath-of-iranian-presidents-death/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1SB9nmEg7TYr6iGKPEonzgoSIObuhtM6bOKHH5DI5OFD0o8l5luHmOt7E_aem_AenWzSEhLKq6lwo0StfQZ0LPvtyV4TCgQm3gekjrKG0MCqF1i0_3GjlyS61y5SRkoTUqZLLwpOvuVMxMCitu8G9D

That dang ol 4D chess man…

Taiwan inaugurated its new President, Lai Ching-te, who says he will assert Taiwan's sovereignty. China has apparently encircled Taiwan earlier today in a "surprise" military drill called "Joint Sword".

Just now reading some WH Press Briefing notes and trying to coalesce a big picture view of what's happening.

- Jake Sullivan was asked about the UK's assessment that China is giving aid to Russia. He says we haven't seen that and looks forward to talking to the UK to find out why they're claiming this. I thought this was a foregone conclusion.

He goes on to say, "What I would point out is that just recently we have been articulating, in quite urgent terms, our concern about what China is doing to fuel Russia’s war machine — not giving weapons directly, but providing inputs to Russia’s defense industrial base.  That is happening.  That is something we’re concerned about. "

- China sent a delegation to attend the funeral of the Iranian President. China is the largest buyer of Iranian oil. India's Minister of External Affairs has expressed his frustration with the US over a port India and Iran are partnering on. India has surpassed $50 Billion in trade with Russia for the first time and looking to sign a long term oil deal with Russia.

- China is accelerating its record breaking US bond selloff and piling into gold.

- The interests of Russia, China, Iran, India are becoming more aligned. Anyone who looks at a map can see why this is a problem for us. BRICS nation economic growth is double that of the G7.

None of these developments are new. But the rate of change and scope is increasing. We have major players constituting a huge part of the global population, and the trends: diplomatically, militarily, and economically are away from the United States. Each challenge to US dominance, be it Taiwanese airspace incursions, getting kicked out of Niger, etc lowers the threshold for the next one to occur and our leadership only instills confidence in our adversaries.

Perhaps we have an opportunity to change things somewhat during the next election, but I personally doubt it. I think the probability is high our adversaries realize their best opportunity to create the most destabilization in the US is during the next 6 months.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, gearhog said:

I think the probability is high our adversaries realize their best opportunity to create the most destabilization in the US is during the next 6 months.

Why do you think that?  It's not like we have a weak-on-international-policy presidential administration right now.  I mean, come on...look at how secure our own borders are!  I'm sure the world is more than happy with the limp-wristed enforcement of our international presence right now.  Nothing to see here. 

/sarcasm switch - off/

Edited by FourFans
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 5/20/2024 at 12:46 PM, HeloDude said:

Tip: you can delete everything in these links after the “?” and it’ll still work. The fbclid (Instagram uses igshid, others use similar) ties the link you share back to your Facebook account, which is how you and the link clicker will eventually be suggested as friends, among other things.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

During the State of Union, President Biden ordered the US military to establish a pier to aid in the distribution of aid to Palestinians: It starts at 2:49.

5 days ago, General Ryder said none of the aid delivered by the pier has reached Palestinians.

It cost the United States $320 milliion dollars.

Today, it broke apart and sank. The pier, that is.

https://x.com/clashreport/status/1795146849772351576

Edited by gearhog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/19/2024 at 4:36 PM, uhhello said:

The Huey snatches one for America 🙂

Lol